What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

soc123_au

Staff member
Nah not at all
Depends what happened.

If it was as straight forward as a simple wrestle as punishment then, yeah I think he is soft, I struggle to imagine a guy reaching NRL level, fringe or otherwise being that fragile. If that is the case the Dogs still have a duty of care to recognise that he has something going on to cause him to be that fragile and modify the treatment accordingly. Having not been there, who really knows.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Being called a boomer = abuse
Being allegedly forced into archaic physical punishment at work = toughen up snowflake.

I love the internetz sometimes. It's just chaos

Every single person in the world is a hypocrite.

And the internet only exposes that.

People are the problem. Being controlled or controlling. A sense of bringing out the worst in one another. Acting defensively. Criticism. Constant judgement and blame towards each other without thinking of the other person. Unequal give and take. Physical, verbal and emotional abuse. Social Engineering. Human frailty.

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
I would love to know where they plucked 30-35 players from to wrestle the poor merkin.

A first grade squad consists of 30 players, and that's assuming none of them were injured by round 20

100% if this was at Belmore it might've had legs for that many players.

It wasn't, part timers were not present it was only 1st grade! Assuming the whole squad was at the place (Smeaton Grange) some were in the recovery/injury group.

Iamback

Coach
2022 you would've won the clubman of the year award!

Ciraldo demands a certain level which in 2022 was not the case under Barrett.

Again where have I said Topine isn't soft?

A player can both be soft and bullied.

Iamback

Coach
Depends what happened.

If it was as straight forward as a simple wrestle as punishment then, yeah I think he is soft, I struggle to imagine a guy reaching NRL level, fringe or otherwise being that fragile. If that is the case the Dogs still have a duty of care to recognise that he has something going on to cause him to be that fragile and modify the treatment accordingly. Having not been there, who really knows.

That is it for me. You don't get to that level cutting corners

That is my point.

Topine is one of 2 from the Dogs SG Ball team to play NRL.

So he was clearly not as soft as the rest. I am sure the Bulldogs side will come out and then there is more added to the story

Penrith fan

Juniors
It's really an issue of whether there is a duty of care.

Duty of care needs to be balanced by the player taking responsibility for his actions and consequences for acts outside what is deemed acceptable within the group.

That is why most teams have this thing controlled by a leadership player group.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I would love to know where they plucked 30-35 players from to wrestle the poor merkin.

A first grade squad consists of 30 players, and that's assuming none of them were injured by round 20

There are nearly always more than the top 30 training. There are the players on development contracts and the train and trials just to mention 2.

Never less this is ridiculous, could we end up with USA colleges closed due to Topine demontrations :)

Penrith fan

Juniors
The minority of society is going all woke, there are too many snowflakes out there, from all eras and age groups, and organisations are pandering to a minority appeasing the entitled few.

Meanwhile the Oligarchs still own the means of production and steal the money from the working class. They no longer even feign that they care about the working class. Pandering to the elitists.

The education system is full of cultural marxism and students no longer even turn up to university anyway, so our must fundamental sense of community has been destroyed.

But none of that is relevant to whether Jackson was given duty of care by the Bulldogs and what that actually means in the context of a football team.

Every season, each team is flogged 3 or 4 times because someone is late.

Every training session is to physical exhaustion on the verge of breaking people.

There is a fine line of physical pushing players to be great and abuse.

Even your local personal trainer at your local gym does that.

Assault and battery and humiliation. You would need to have been there to really know.

THE NRL will settle out of court to make it go away.

Last edited:

Game_Breaker

Coach
That is it for me. You don't get to that level cutting corners

That is my point.

Topine is one of 2 from the Dogs SG Ball team to play NRL.

So he was clearly not as soft as the rest. I am sure the Bulldogs side will come out and then there is more added to the story

You can get ahead of the SG ball pack based on talent alone
Doesn’t have anything to do with toughness

Talent will just get your foot in the door

Do you honestly think a few extra minutes of training (which was assigned that day) amounts to $4M worth of damages

Training = work for them
He was given extra work to do

Canard

Immortal

Do you honestly think a few extra minutes of training (which was assigned that day) amounts to $4M worth of damages

Training = work for them
The assertion that the claim, is regarding extra training, seems to be doing a lot of heavy lifting in your post.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

Training = work for them

You assume he was in a good headspace BEFORE this happened though.

That is my point that the training is secondary here.

if he is in tears or some sort of distress then the pubishment should of been stopped.

whether the coaching staff have a discussion next over him being soft is a different matter.

So it can be both.

As for the amount, No chance he gets even half of that