What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne a chance to line-up against Panthers

parraeels

Juniors
Fingers crossed!!!

The Eels have left the door slightly open for fullback Jarryd Hayne to play against the Panthers at Parramatta Stadium tomorrow night.
Hayne, who was rushed back from a knee injury in round two before breaking down with a similar problem just 16 minutes into the game, trained with the rest of the squad this morning in their final session before the local derby against Penrith.
Veteran winger Luke Burt wasn't sure whether Hayne would be rushed back for tomorrow's clash, keeping the Panthers guessing with the suggestion he could return earlier than anticipated.
Advertisement: Story continues below
“I think his fitness test is today so we'll see how he pulls up,” Burt said.
“Yeah, he's had a run with us. He looked pretty good.”
Despite being named at fullback, Burt is expected to play on the wing, making way for Ken Sio to fill the custodian role.
But that is if Hayne is deemed unfit to play, with Burt facing the axe but to the NSW Cup if Hayne was to make a surprise appearance.
The Eels fans were outraged by Burt's dropping to Wentworthville in round two, but the 30-year-old insists there's no hard feelings between he and coach Stephen Kearney.
“Steve sat me down and spoke to me and that's just part and parcel of footy,” Burt said.
“I just had to get on with it and I'm trying to do the best I can.”

Gronk

Staff member
No way would I want him back unless his wonky knee gets 100% OK from his Orthopaedic.

Parra Pride

Referee
No way would I want him back unless his wonky knee gets 100% OK from his Orthopaedic.

I agree, we should wait for Eels Dude's opinion on how Hayne's knees are handling the pressure before we bring him back.

#Chihayafuru

Gronk

Staff member
What?

Hayne playing?

One would imagine it is good for the team. Considering we haven't won in 3 years without him....
If he's in "full run" mode at training, then surely it's worth playing him?

He's a gun no doubt. But let's not get ahead of ourselves about his ability to perform 2009 miracles. Facts are that we've only won 6 of our last 29 matches and he played in most of those losses IIRC.

Anyway, hope he plays cos it means that a nuffy can drop off the 17. Take your pick which one, we have a few.

ParraAds

Juniors
He's a gun no doubt. But let's not get ahead of ourselves about his ability to perform 2009 miracles. Facts are that we've only won 6 of our last 29 matches and he played in most of those losses IIRC.

Anyway, hope he plays cos it means that a nuffy can drop off the 17. Take your pick which one, we have a few.

True, but the signs with him in the side alongside Sandow and Roberts were encouraging, albeit brief.

goosie

Juniors
lol if he plays i expect his knee to get heavily tested. he be lucky to last the game.

born an eel

Bench
What?

Hayne playing?

One would imagine it is good for the team. Considering we haven't won in 3 years without him....
If he's in "full run" mode at training, then surely it's worth playing him?
that's the thing, if he is rushed back in early and reaggravates the injury he will be out for a lot longer, which is not good for the team.

There's also the possibility that he will not have full confidence in it being better and will scared to stretch out. Giving him an extra week to "test" it out may be a better option.

forward pass

Coach
He's a gun no doubt. But let's not get ahead of ourselves about his ability to perform 2009 miracles.

He doesnt have to perform 2009 miracles. All he has to do is be safe at the back, make metres on kick returns and chime in when required ! That is all I want anyway.

Latest posts