What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne and Keating will play!

Funky Munky

Juniors
Or it will become public 10 minutes before you found out!

LOL...who is Keith Galloway and how does he have anything to do with the situation..

:o:o @ u for thinking you have inside info because ur mates sister is doing the ranga.

keith galloway is a tigers prop mate

Apey

Staff member
So wrenching someone's arm back is a nothing incident? :crazy: Remember what happened to Cameron Smith last year? Same general movement, different part of the body ...

Sorry I'm not geniused and don't buy into this chicken wing bullsh*t everytime someone pulls someone's arm back. For starters, if anyone should have been in trouble for that 'chicken wing' tackle it would have been Hindmarsh. Had Hindmarsh not held onto his hand, the arm wouldn't have been in that position to begin with.. but that's the thing, nobody should have been charged for that. What else would you like them to do Jobdog? The guy is rampaging through the line and they are grabbing on the thing closest to them to pull him down.

Gus articulated it way better than I ever could but I agree with him 100%. Hysteria at it's best.

Helen

Juniors
So wrenching someone's arm back is a nothing incident? :crazy: Remember what happened to Cameron Smith last year? Same general movement, different part of the body ...

Smith had completed the tackle on Thaiday, then had a brain snap and decided to reef his (Thaiday's) head back. Double dipped and paid the price.

Raider_69

Post Whore
sanity prevails
Good stuff, i dont care if its inconsistant, its the right call

Keating, however is extremely lucky to be playing the GF imo

gsweeper

Juniors
I'm happy that they're playing, it makes for a better quality of game, but the inconsistency amazes me, dead set, both would have been gone for a week if it wasn't the final....

Apey

Staff member
Exactly Helen.

That and the original on Nathan Cayless (I think it was?) were the only two I'd label chicken wings. All the others just seem to be sensationalists who go up in arms when they see an arm pulled back.

Estoboy

Juniors
What a joke!

Gibbs get three weeks and hayne gets zero????

My god!

If this doesn't show the game is rigged then i don't know what will.

UTTER UTTER GARBAGE

I hope Melbourne annihilate the Eels, but watch the refs ensure that the EELS win

rubbish.

Sood

Juniors
Good news.

There should be more lieniency for grand finals.

Wasnt Cam Smith given a grade 1 last year aswell?

coach

Quite obviously its rigged. One rule for some teams and players and one for the others. If I was Melbourne (remember Smiths suspension from last year) I would be screaming.

And in case you are wondering I am a Souths fasn

coach

Quite obviously its rigged. One rule for some teams and players and one for the others. If I was Melbourne (remember Smiths suspension from last year) I would be screaming.

Lowdown

Juniors
The NRL match review panel have just signed their fate by this decision.

This overlooks precedence, seriousness and places a firm double standard on dropping knees into a player in the act of scoring a try.

If Bryce Gibbs got 2 weeks for knees in the back - how on Earth does Hayne get 1 week for knees in the HEAD?

I am happy that the spectacle of the Grand Final will be raised as both teams will be full strength - but FMD - Hayne needs to be held accountable for a serious incident with clear precedence.

The Match Review Panel is a joke. The NRL is a still a laughing stock. And the pain still lingers from watching the Storm cop the full wrath of their supposed fair process last year - only to see our opponents handed a big leg up this year.

Good luck Eels - you go out and buy those lotto tickets.

Footy-Fan

Juniors
Perfect charges, anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. Just watched the Sunday Roasts discussion over both incidents, and there is nothing in either of them. Those watching it frame by frame could come up with anything, but at high speed, there was nothing in either incidents.

Helen

Juniors
Exactly Helen.

That and the original on Nathan Cayless (I think it was?) were the only two I'd label chicken wings. All the others just seem to be sensationalists who go up in arms when they see an arm pulled back.

When the chicken wing tackle first came in it was deemed to be holding onto the arm while applying downward pressure.

It was the forward motion in the Keating tackle that caused Hannant's arm to end up where it did.

Each incident imo must be judged on its own merit.

Fui!!!

Juniors

They got EXACTLY THE SAME CHARGE.

Smith had carry over points, and that is why he got suspended. Hayne didn't. Simple if you have a couple cells in your head.

Bman26

Juniors
They got EXACTLY THE SAME CHARGE.

Smith had carry over points, and that is why he got suspended. Hayne didn't. Simple if you have a couple cells in your head.

Yes, but Bryce Gibbs got a grade 3 for his knees in the back of luke burt in round 24(i think it was that round?), so essentially they are saying that gibbs' was 3 times worse than haynes which is utter sh*t, they were either both grade 1 or both grade 3 no two ways about it.

dollyhands

Juniors
Smith had completed the tackle on Thaiday, then had a brain snap and decided to reef his (Thaiday's) head back. Double dipped and paid the price.
So your sayin goodwin hadn't completed the try when hayne put his knee through his head:crazy: storm players have been rubbed out for the chicken wing when players haven't even been injured:crazy: