What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne and Keating will play!

gsweeper

Juniors
Perfect charges, anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. Just watched the Sunday Roasts discussion over both incidents, and there is nothing in either of them. Those watching it frame by frame could come up with anything, but at high speed, there was nothing in either incidents.
I don't think anyone is arguing that there is any malice in the incidents, but the fact of the matter is you cannot lead in with your legs. Gibbs got three weeks for copping someone in the back, sure his was intentional in a way, but hayne copped someone across the head. Sure he got charged, but if this happened in a normal season game not as many people would be arguing against it. The crime wouldn't have fit the punishment, yet the punishment should have been given to show some consistency, but all in all, i am happy to see hayne play in the final....although for keating...

Fui!!!

Juniors
Yes, but Bryce Gibbs got a grade 3 for his knees in the back of luke burt in round 24(i think it was that round?), so essentially they are saying that gibbs' was 3 times worse than haynes which is utter sh*t, they were either both grade 1 or both grade 3 no two ways about it.

Actually Gibbs got a Grade 2 not Grade 3. And his one was worse. He was chasing a player, Hayne was covering a kick.

Footy-Fan

Juniors
So your sayin goodwin hadn't completed the try when hayne put his knee through his head:crazy: storm players have been rubbed out for the chicken wing when players haven't even been injured:crazy:

There was a big segment on it in the Sunday Roast. Hayne was committed before the ball had been grounded.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Technically, there was nothing wrong with the way it was handled - he was given a grade 1 and had no carry over points. Ergo, no suspension.

Whether he deserved a higher grading or not is another matter.

For the record, part of me is happy he's playing, but another part of me can realise why people are upset - the inconsistency in the judiciary is a joke.

Assuming both had a worst possible case scenario in terms of injury to the opposing player.

Hayne could've killed Goodwin.
Gibbs could've left Burt with a broken hip.

That in itself should've made the Hayne case worse than Gibbs'.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Assuming both had a worst possible case scenario in terms of injury to the opposing player.

Hayne could've killed Goodwin.
Gibbs could've left Burt with a broken hip.

That in itself should've made the Hayne case worse than Gibbs'.

If you want to go down that path, Gibbs could have left Burt a paraplegic...

maccattack

Juniors
It's a big pile of BS. When you look what happened to Cam Smith. But. 2 wrongs dont make a right and I want to watch both teams play at full strength.

I doint want to see Storm get gifted a premiership like Manly last year.

Im glad Hayne is playing even though the judiciary are a joke.

Can we stop comparing what Hayne did to what Gibbs did?
They are different and have judged differently

Burt had scored and Gibbs came in and digged his knees into Burt. Grade 2 justified.

Hayne was going full pelt for a grubber kick, but Goodwin got there fractionally ahead of him. And unfortunately Hayne's hip hit Goodwins head. Grade 1 justified.

Those who think Hayne should have been suspended are just pussys who should start following AFL

Ridders

Coach
How did they take so long? They moved the review a day forward.

The fact that it took them more than 10 mins to make the decision. Did anyone really believe that Hayne was any chance of being rubbed out? No way the NRL would have wanted that.

flamin

Juniors
Good - will be an awesome grand final. At the end of the day football is just entertainment and seeing Hayne Vs Slater will be unbelievable.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Burt had scored and Gibbs came in and digged his knees into Burt. Grade 2 justified.

Hayne was going full pelt for a grubber kick, but Goodwin got there fractionally ahead of him. And unfortunately Hayne's hip hit Goodwins head. Grade 1 justified.

Those who think Hayne should have been suspended are just pussys who should start following AFL

I'm all for keeping the toughness in the sport, but that quote is neither here nor there. Regardless of how tough/grubby the act was, it was illegal - you cannot collect a player's head. THAT is the issue.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

Best point of the day, and its what Elliot has been saying on the Sunday Roast.

Its just Tigers supporters who think they got rubbed out of the finals by the judiciary.