What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne and Slater Suspensions?

hellteam

First Grade
Thought I'd start a thread cause there will be lots of talk over this coming up to selections on Monday/Tuesday.

Do you think they will get suspended? I really REALLY hope they don't get suspended, don't want to rob Origin of two of the most exciting players.

But I get the feeling they both will be... sucks.

Danish

Referee
neither will be suspended.

At worst they'll both be charged, both will fight it and both will get off.

Same as plenty of other state of origin players before them

andrew057

First Grade
Hayne will be charged. It was a clear headbutt and he has loading from the semi final last year.

Slater forearm had intent, but didnt really connect and should escape suspension.

hellteam

First Grade
Players should not be able to be suspended for Origin. It should be NRL club matches only.

I want to see Hayne/Slater play!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hayne will be charged. It was a clear headbutt and he has loading from the semi final last year.

Slater forearm had intent, but didnt really connect and should escape suspension.

Yeah - but the Slater forearm was a CLEAR forearm with intent on the person who had headbutted him AND after his team had just been warned to calm down.

How can you possibly say it isn't worse? The Slater incident is the BAD one, the Hayne incident is the stupid one.

Hayne 1-2 weeks
Slater 3-4 weeks

You just can't send a message out from the judiciary that if someone punches you (or headbutts), you can run back and have an almighty swing at the back of their head with your elbow (after thinking about doing it for 6 tackles) in the next set of 6. Slater's incident is MUCH WORSE.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah - but the Slater forearm was a CLEAR forearm with intent on the person who had headbutted him AND after his team had just been warned to calm down.

How can you possibly say it isn't worse? The Slater incident is the BAD one, the Hayne incident is the stupid one.

Hayne 1-2 weeks
Slater 3-4 weeks

You just can't send a message out from the judiciary that if someone punches you (or headbutts), you can run back and have an almighty swing at the back of their head with your elbow (after thinking about doing it for 6 tackles) in the next set of 6. Slater's incident is MUCH WORSE.

Simply buddy, because it didnt connect.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
IMO, both should be suspended and both deserve to miss out on Origin.

But f**k me dead Origin will explode if they are both playing. Id love for them to be available, but it will set an extremely dangerous precident.

broncos70

Juniors
hayne should be rubbed out for a bit for that..any other player would get a fair bit

slater will get off..he got punished in the game for it, and he will come up with a case that he got strangled by hayne in the grapple so he wasn't thinking straight and also the elbow didnt connect..

haynes a dirty prick i was hoping slater or cronk would absolutely nail the bastard

oldmancraigy

Coach
Simply buddy, because it didnt connect.

If he hadn't been in a scuffle 2 minutes earlier then you might have a point.

But he was, so you don't.

Irrelevant that it didn't connect - it was premeditated.

A deliberate action is much worse than a careless or reckless one.

Fingers crossed

Nothing about fingers crossed. You just know the match review committee will dream up some sort of tortured rationale why what they did either deserves no charge or else it will be a grade one something or other, < 99 points, no games missed with the early guilty plea.

hellteam

First Grade
Nothing about fingers crossed. You just know the match review committee will dream up some sort of tortured rationale why what they did either deserves no charge or else it will be a grade one something or other, < 99 points, no games missed with the early guilty plea.

I would be so happy if this happened, I'm going to the game and I don't want to see both those players not play, would be a joke.

Gaba

First Grade
even if both players play, there wont be no explosion , hayne will make sure the eels wont get punish without him for 3-4 weeks the eels are done.

Ghoulies

Bench
If he hadn't been in a scuffle 2 minutes earlier then you might have a point.

But he was, so you don't.

Irrelevant that it didn't connect - it was premeditated.

A deliberate action is much worse than a careless or reckless one.
lolwut. Of course it matters that it didn't connect. Danny Williams didn't get 3 months for intent alone. He got it because he knocked the other guy out. If Williams had thrown the punch and missed, he'd have barely missed a week. Same deal applies for Slater.