What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Contract Talks

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
AllThatJazz.jpg

no kidding!!! you just stole my banner idea :D

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22030527-23214,00.html

Eels prepare upgrade for Hayne

By Brent Read
July 07, 2007

PARRAMATTA is set to reward Jarryd Hayne for an outstanding State of Origin series by handing the New South Wales wing a lucrative contract extension.

Hayne, who began the Origin series as a rookie and finished it as one of the game's elite players, is signed until the end of next year.

But Eels are keen to secure his services for as long as possible, and preliminary talks between the club and Hayne's manager, Wayne Beavis, are understood to have started.

The Eels are optimistic something can be finalised in the next fortnight.

Despite playing in a losing series, Hayne's worth sky-rocketed over Origin. He enjoyed mixed fortunes in Origin I, scoring a wonder try on the stroke of half-time before conceding another with an errant pass.

However, he showed his class by bouncing back with assured outings in games two and three.

Beavis spoke to Hayne, 19, yesterday, but he said they were yet to discuss the prospect of extending the player's contract with Parramatta.

"He's a special kid and a special talent," Beavis said.

Beavis also refused to rule out taking Hayne to the open market, but he stressed the wing was happy at Parramatta.

Hayne would be one of the most coveted players in the game if he were shopped around the NRL.

"That may be something we would consider," Beavis said.

"We respect Parramatta's position. If we get an approach we will certainly sit down and have a chat to them."

MrT

Juniors
Beavis also refused to rule out taking Hayne to the open market, but he stressed the wing was happy at Parramatta.

Hayne would be one of the most coveted players in the game if he were shopped around the NRL.

Very mixed messages here. I think Hayne feels at home at Parra but we all know that $$ talks. I'm sure Para will offer him around 250-275k on a long term deal

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:

Very mixed messages here. I think Hayne feels at home at Parra but we all know that $$ talks. I'm sure Para will offer him around 250-275k on a long term deal

it's called player manager language, it's universal and a standard answer he'd give as any other player manager would about any other of their clients.

if you start to publicaly rule out other options than you're are not doing your client any justice.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Having read all that, it's the strongest indication that he'll extend his stay with us.

MrT

Juniors
I'm confident he'll stay. there is a young brigade coming through at Parra and I'm sure he wants to be part of it. Bring in KK, Tim Mannah and Tony Williams and possibly a few others over the next few years and we'll have a real good young team

yy_cheng

Coach
MrT said:
I'm confident he'll stay. there is a young brigade coming through at Parra and I'm sure he wants to be part of it. Bring in KK, Tim Mannah and Tony Williams and possibly a few others over the next few years and we'll have a real good young team

and if someone is to offer him 400k per season, im svre he'll go

cardinal

Juniors
mickdo said:
For a winger? I reckon he'd only get that in the ESL.

He is a champion winger now but could easily turn into a champion centre or fullback. I think it will take 300 + to keep him long term at the eels.

caylo

Bench
I don't think to many teams can afford to spurge that much with most teams having a Marquee player (or two). I think 200ish should be sufficient, and mabey 150ish for Inu. That should be enough for 19/20 yr olds. I'd say a 3 year deal, and by then Hindy and Caylo will be at the end of their careers, we can top up Mateo, Inu and Hayne together. They will be more experienced and in their prime. For youngsters with so much obvious talent i dont think 3 years is to long tbh, probably would advantage us in that they are rapped up for a few years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well let's hope he signs, it sure would be a relief to know guys like him and INU are all wrapped up. It would make me sick to see them running around in someone else's jersey.

yy_cheng

Coach
was mateo signed for 220k?

hayne has the potential to be anything with his early involvement in tests and now soo. what he has learnt now, is invaluable.

i see him as our future fb but he is good enough to be our #6 a la inglis.

not a natural #6 but has the talent to learn it

Electric_Eels

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
was mateo signed for 220k?

hayne has the potential to be anything with his early involvement in tests and now soo. what he has learnt now, is invaluable.

i see him as our future fb but he is good enough to be our #6 a la inglis.

not a natural #6 but has the talent to learn it

hope we do sort out his contract sooner rather than later.

he's no mug with the boot he's got a decent kick and regather which has resulted in a couple of tries for him and also the odd line dropout eg vs qld and against warriors he scored and got a penalty after chasing thru his own grubber in the last soo match, got a line dropout vs manly probably more as well.

Latest posts