1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Hayne Gone, is it time to go all out for Israel!!!!

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Hoofhearted, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Hoofhearted

Hoofhearted Juniors

There has been a couple of rumours going around (Radio gossip i know!!!) that Izzy is not happy in Union at the moment with everything happening at the Wannabies. He has ties with Parra through his brother and obviously wanted to play there previously, with Hayne gone and David Smith's discretionary powers is it time to go all out and get him back?

2. Rabbit toes

Rabbit toes Bench

3. Snappy

Snappy Coach

nah its all good. Parra signed Reece Robinson

4. Canard

Canard Referee

That sort of thread title is likely to get LU on the top of the ISIL hit list.

5. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

Foolau is the most overhyped nonsense of a player in league history.

6. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

It's time to seriously consider the current state of the salary cap and this dumbshit attitude about code loyalty, I know that much.

7. LeedsRhinos

LeedsRhinos Juniors

How can people moan about loyalty when everyone of us has or would quit their job to move for more money.

Nobody cares about the players when their career is over and they are struggling for cash so they have to do what's best for them, who cares what the fans think.

8. Hoofhearted

Hoofhearted Juniors

I probably should have proof read that one before posting!!!!

9. Canard

Canard Referee

But he hasn't even signed a contract, its not about money.

And how could the NRL get in a arms race with the NFL? It would be like the Zimbabwean Space program trying to pay more money to NASA Astronauts.

10. Usain Bolt

Usain Bolt Bench

There's nothing wrong with RL. It's just that globally, it's the smallest of the codes (RU, RL, NFL) and players who become superstars want new challenges and exposure

11. DC_fan

DC_fan Coach

But we do have big name supporters in Russell Crowe and Jamie Packer.

12. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Immortal

Didn't parra drop his brother like a hot turd once Izzy signed with union ?

13. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

If we can't compete with them financially, which we obviously can't, we need to do our best to make the code more attractive...ON TOP of providing the financial advantages to back it up.

The NRL MUST introduce a marquee player exemption in the cap and they have to do it now. And that's just the start of the dramatic changes.

14. whall15

whall15 Coach

Nah, still playing 20s.

15. Canard

Canard Referee

They have it now.

Read the recent news, Smith is quoted as saying he spoke to Hayne about it, and he wasn't interested.

The failing in your reasoning is that money solves everything.

16. DC_fan

DC_fan Coach

As I have said for I don't know how long now, the sporting world has become so much smaller. It's not League against Rugby Union and Australian Rules anymore, it's League up against every other sport played in the world.

Hayne made his decision to try out the NFL, not because of the money but because he wants to test himself in another sport that he has a passion for. The fact that it's played in another country halfway around the world is irrelevant to him.

Thirty or forty years ago most Australians would not have even heard of or known anything about the NFL. Today with cable TV and more so with the internet every sport is beamed in to our homes regardless of where it is played. The NFL has a good number of supporters here and if Hayne succeeds in the NFL then that number will only grow. His success could even open up the opportunity for other Aussies to try there luck in the US.

17. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Post Whore

I'm not exactly sure what the NRL could have done tbh. If a guy wants a crack at NFL how can they stop them really.

18. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Immortal

Cheers Whall, my mistake

19. Blues Riff

Blues Riff Juniors

Why not?
    There's plenty more coming.

20. souths_pride

souths_pride Juniors

Great post mate! I agree 100% with you. Also, as for signing Israel Folau, didn't he just recently sign like a 4 year extension with the ARU or something?