What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

strider

Post Whore
Lockyer is getting better ... though he was coming from a pretty low base .... footy knowledge great - personality of a dead sloth

T.S Quint

Coach
But every merkin in Queensland loves him. That's why he has a media job.

Yeah, that's true.
If Hayne can lead NSW to some more wins over the next few years then he might have a lot more fans in this state as well.

Hayne has the opportunity now to change people's perception of him. He's gone back to his junior club, he can play some good footy and win some games. Stay out of trouble and become a leader on the field. Stay out of the headlines for the wrong reasons. Work hard at training and in games. People will start to see him in a more positive light eventually, and a media career may not be out of the question.

Noise

Coach
I actually think Hayne has improved with the media a lot from his younger days. I also reckon he is starting to take himself a bit less seriously which will help with his ‘likeability’

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, that's true.
If Hayne can lead NSW to some more wins over the next few years then he might have a lot more fans in this state as well.
I don't think so. I reckon Blues fans in general prefer the NRL to Origin, so most NSW players are seen as members of rival clubs, rather than 'our' state champions. I certainly do, and I hated the Blues players back when we used to smash Queensland all the time as well.
Hayne has the opportunity now to change people's perception of him. He's gone back to his junior club, he can play some good footy and win some games. Stay out of trouble and become a leader on the field. Stay out of the headlines for the wrong reasons. Work hard at training and in games. People will start to see him in a more positive light eventually, and a media career may not be out of the question.
They will just hate him because he's a Parramatta player.

Noise

Coach
I don't think so. I reckon Blues fans in general prefer the NRL to Origin, so most NSW players are seen as members of rival clubs, rather than 'our' state champions. I certainly do, and I hated the Blues players back when we used to smash Queensland all the time as well.

Yep, most NSW fans hate the blues players individually. Gallen, Fifita, Dugan, Ferguson, Pearce, Hayne, Farah, etc are all disliked by opposition fans. Where as qld fans love all their players regardless of the club they play for

T.S Quint

Coach

Most people don't hate us yet.
We have only just gotten past the stage where most people pity us because we were so terrible.
We are only now at the stage where people are happy to see us doing better because they felt sorry for us for so long.
Hell, even after we got caught cheating it still wasn't enough for people to hate us. Look how they talk about us compared to how it was with the Dogs and Storm.

We need to be dominant for a few years in a row for people to start hating our players just because they play for Parramatta.

lingard

Coach
Yeah, that's true.

I doubt Hayne will play for the Blues again.

lingard

Coach
It's sad that Haynes reputation has taken a hit. Take away all that, what he did in getting to the NFL as a rookie is freakin remarkable. It has to be one of the best sporting stories there is. It's a huge acheivement against the odds.

Same could be said for Anthony Mundine, you know. Although he's played a more active part in tarnishing his own reputation. Amazing athlete, though.

T-Boon

Coach
I think Hayne will start the season at fullback.
It is obvious at this point he is making a great impression in pre season. Add to that Bevan French has a great attitude towards learning his craft from the wing. I also like Gutherson at centre long term. He has realistic representative prospects at centre and maybe a progression to 5/8.
I realise that the club will be factoring in that Guth and French are key long term future players but BA knows that 2018 is a get it done season not a building season. We need the best players in their best positions.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
TCT have been reporting that Hayne is playing right center with Jennings back on the left. Not sold on Hayne / Moses defensive pairing. Removing Jennings / Moses is a huge risk in defense particularly when it worked so well in 2017.
Agreed, Jennings and Moses seemed to work well for us on the right.

Noise

Coach
I think Hayne will start the season at fullback.
It is obvious at this point he is making a great impression in pre season. Add to that Bevan French has a great attitude towards learning his craft from the wing. I also like Gutherson at centre long term. He has realistic representative prospects at centre and maybe a progression to 5/8.
I realise that the club will be factoring in that Guth and French are key long term future players but BA knows that 2018 is a get it done season not a building season. We need the best players in their best positions.

Hayne has been training all pre season in the centers with French at fullback. You think they are going to change it right before round 1?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Jennings was awesome for us defensively when parked alongside Moses, but it shouldn't be forgotten that he doesn't get near the time or room to make those decisions if the second rower inside Moses is f**king it up, and getting his edge outnumbered. Whilst Hayne hasn't shown the quality of Jennings decision making in defence in the time he has spent at centre, I'd reckon he's not that far behind, and the guys inside Moses will be the same, 'cept with another season of experience under their belt.

So I don't see Hayne defending on the right at centre and moving Jennings to the left as problematic.