What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Just sliding over to the victims interests at the moment, she’s sitting back watching his bank account being drained like no tomorrow.

Strategically, I wonder if his wife should divorce him and go for a property settlement to preserve some cash for her and the kids.

Im not sure if she can overcome the victims claims later if the victim had S successful.

You can get awarded $1m but he’s down to his last $20k you’ve got issues.

Can the victim seek an injunction to stop him dealing with his money. No court will stop him from his $200k appeal.

Just thinking aloud.

I'd be surprised if she hasn't looked into that, for the above reason among various others... She's 31-32 years old, a lot of life still to live and deserves better than a sex offender for a life partner.
I’m not accepting he’s a sex offender until the fat lady sings.

But I accept he’s a skirt chasing brain dead sicko.

it’s up to her, love conquers all or whatever.

Or it could be a sham to pass him off as a family man.

Out on bail, he was seen pushing the stroller through Parramatta. No one with him.

His story is a good lesson for young NRL players.

Even if he wins his appeal, he’s free but he’s cactus. Despised and hated. He probably wouldn’t understand that.

All his court frenzy mates seem like assholes. They should be charged with intimidating a witness and maybe do their own time.

deadbeat f**ks.

I’m not accepting he’s a sex offender until the fat lady sings.
That's your prerogative. I've heard the fat lady sing twice, so all that's left is the encore/third.
Or it could be a sham to pass him off as a family man.

Out on bail, he was seen pushing the stroller through Parramatta. No one with him.
I'm sure/hope he is a devoted father to his kids. But also while awaiting sentencing I suspect his highly paid legal team would have reminded him how important it is to "be seen" doing those family things, rather than be spotted with your mates etc.
His story is a good lesson for young NRL players.

Even if he wins his appeal, he’s free but he’s cactus. Despised and hated. He probably wouldn’t understand that.

All his court frenzy mates seem like assholes. They should be charged with intimidating a witness and maybe do their own time.

deadbeat f**ks.
Agree with you there.

That's your prerogative. I've heard the fat lady sing twice, so all that's left is the encore/third.

I'm sure/hope he is a devoted father to his kids. But also while awaiting sentencing I suspect his highly paid legal team would have reminded him how important it is to "be seen" doing those family things, rather than be spotted with your mates etc.

Agree with you there.
“Convicted twice” brutal

But shall matter not to the Law Lords so assigned.

Hes sticking by Cuneen, herself no stranger to controversy.

The onus is now on Hayne and his team to prove why his conviction/s should be cast aside - should they actually follow through with an attempt at an appeal.

Conditions for consent re sexual acts (and hence sexual assaults) is clearly defined in the Crimes Act. From the trial evidence, testimony and reporting that has come to light... there doesn't seem much room for Hayne to argue that he was not "reckless as to consent" (at a minimum) in these circumstances.

The onus is now on Hayne and his team to prove why his conviction/s should be cast aside - should they actually follow through with an attempt at an appeal.
Agree he bears the onus.
Conditions for consent re sexual acts (and hence sexual assaults) is clearly defined in the Crimes Act. From the trial evidence, testimony and reporting that has come to light... there doesn't seem much room for Hayne to argue that he was not "reckless as to consent" (at a minimum) in these circumstances.

Not it’s not clear or we wouldn’t have trials. Nothing is especially clear in the legal world.

Definitions, meanings and all that.

OK... the charges, verdicts and the reasons behind them all seem pretty clear to me based on reported information, including quotes from Hayne's actual testimony.

Like with the flat earth thing, someone is always the last to admit or change their opinion in light of the evidence. Just make sure you turn out the lights at the Hayne is innocent office when you leave :smile:

OK... the charges, verdicts and the reasons behind them all seem pretty clear to me based on reported information, including quotes from Hayne's actual testimony.
No weight can reasonably be given to “reported information” until we see the grounds, law, subs and evidence, we don’t know.

As for his reported testimony, context please. Was her evidence clear? I don’t know. All we have is the reflection of impression.

Like with the flat earth thing, someone is always the last to admit or change their opinion in light of the evidence. Just make sure you turn out the lights at the Hayne is innocent office when you leave :smile:

Yes that occurs but let’s see what else he brings to be table.

I would concede the delay with the appeal strikes me as curious.

These top end lawyers are in high demand. That could be reason.

They have to cobble something together that has legs at least.

“ it’s the overall vibe of the crimes act” would be my submission!

Dress @blue bags in a black frock and mums old wig.

Last edited:
No weight can reasonably be given to “reported information” until we see the grounds, law, subs and evidence, we don’t know.

As for his reported testimony, context please. Was her evidence clear? I don’t know. All we have is the reflection of impression.
Sigh. Hayne's been found guilty in this matter twice, and innocent zero times.

I'm happy to trust the output of two-three judges and the juries of his peers, more than I'd trust his legal team (who are paid to promote uncertainty, including publicly) or some general sense of uncertainty (until a further failed appeal)?
Yes that occurs but let’s see what else he brings to be table.
He and his team have had several goes already, and we've seen what they've brought to the table. As previously mentioned, my prediction is the appeal will not even be lodged... the civil case will proceed, his wife will leave him during the process, and when he's served his sentence he'll need to find some sort of gainful employment (preferably out of the public eye, for his sake).

Sigh. Hayne's been found guilty in this matter twice, and innocent zero times.

I'm happy to trust the output of two-three judges and the juries of his peers, more than I'd trust his legal team (who are paid to promote uncertainty, including publicly) or some general sense of uncertainty (until a further failed appeal)?

He and his team have had several goes already, and we've seen what they've brought to the table. As previously mentioned, my prediction is the appeal will not even be lodged... the civil case will proceed, his wife will leave him during the process, and when he's served his sentence he'll need to find some sort of gainful employment (preferably out of the public eye, for his sake).
His wife will leave him, we can agree on that lol.

She must've had so many people "slide into her DMs" already, since Hayne was re-sentenced.

Indeed.

She’s a bit of a mystery figure, a financial victim as you say.

Im not quite comfortable criticising her but guilty or not, amazed she wants anything to do with him.

Very few people have lost so much for so short an episode.

Maybe she separates, writes a book or goes go on the current affair.

And the kids, terrible outcome for them.

45 minutes of Hayne being dumb and doing his best to be romantic. Doubling down on being an imbecile.

God help us!

Ok, a search of the public online court records failed to bring up any kind of appeal mention date. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t filed, but.

But more interestingly, there are some whispers going around town that some people are saying that his personal financial position is in far worse shape than is being publicly reported.

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of such reports.

And generally, and @Gronk may like to comment (just from his general knowledge of the world and not personal experience) that quantum of resources to hand can rapidly diminish with poor spending habits.

I had the opportunity to review some critics of Haynesy NFL career. Said he wouldn’t run mindful of a low centre of gravity. Sorry about that digression.

I think we have Junior Amone up for sentencing soon. Subject to a successful appeal etc, I think he must be gaoled and 2 years non parole would be a good outcome.

His lawyer should do time for his ridiculous defence ( just kidding).

Last edited:
Ok, a search of the public online court records failed to bring up any kind of appeal mention date. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t filed, but.
So no news either way, and the delay remains... curious.
But more interestingly, there are some whispers going around town that some people are saying that his personal financial position is in far worse shape than is being publicly reported.

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of such reports.
Yes, and the costs associated with his choice of legal teams in the matters they've been involved in (both here and overseas) would not be insignificant.

Further reason for doubt that a final appeal of any sort may eventuate.

Latest posts