What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk, you will answer to god one day why you put your hate of Hayne et. al into the universe, when literally god is the only one that could give a guilty beyond reasonable doubt verdict given all the correct evidence presented or in this case not presented within the trials.
I have never displayed any animosity towards Hayne. I don't know where you got that from. My beef recently has been an observation that similar justice is not available to all. Word search Fred Nerk in this thread.

If I ever meet God, I bet she is also disgusted that true justice is largely only available to the privileged.

My last word on Pell: Imagine if Robert "Dolly" Dunn or Phillip Bell went to the High Court and had their convictions quashed because of their unlimited financial resources managed to expose a flaw in the prosecutions case which allowed them to walk away from custody ? Would you also die on that hill like you are with Georgie ? I hope that you would hold the same genuine advocacy for them as you do him.

I know that I am treading a fine line and that the presumption of innocence is paramount, as is the sanctity of the judiciary - which should always be respected. However I am not the only one who thinks that the evidence presented before the Royal Commission was so particularly shocking and recurrent over the decades that it's implausible for there not to be smoke near the fire. Implausible that so many people just made things up for over the the decades for reasons. It doesn't pass the pub test.

I know that as much as merkins like Pell walk free, there are many instances of shocking miscarriages of justice. I am not ignorant to this. Therefore I have to concede that there is a possibility that he may, by some astonishing mix of coincidence and collusion, have been innocent. I still find it unlikely notwithstanding. Am i blinded by bias ? Well there is this potential on both sides.

1718777973789.png

I am perhaps unable to accept that he is innocent because the allegations pertain to abhorrent crimes against children and his willingness to protect others in the clergy.

And of course his role as architect of the Melbourne Response. :mad:

ImTheMan

Juniors
"Implausible that so many people just made things up for over the the decades for reasons." - There are people that hate priests and religion whether rightly or wrongly as a scapegoat for a problem, nothing to do with a pub test. There are mentally Ill people in society and people with bad or good memories decades later that have no idea what they are talking about. That's why the U.S has a statute of limitations in regards to some matters. There was smoke and fire in regards to Trump and his Hollywood Access tape, but his comments very open to interpretation even when they are right in front of you (e.g famous people have themselves thrown at) where as you probably thought he was going around grabbing people.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Yes politics can cause the smoke and fire as well, as someone alluded to an absolute desire to get him convicted by those involved, soliciting cases instead of waiting for those to come forward. Very unnatural

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have never displayed any animosity towards Hayne. I don't know where you got that from. My beef recently has been an observation that similar justice is not available to all. Word search Fred Nerk in this thread.

If I ever meet God, I bet she is also disgusted that true justice is largely only available to the privileged.

My last word on Pell: Imagine if Robert "Dolly" Dunn or Phillip Bell went to the High Court and had their convictions quashed because of their unlimited financial resources managed to expose a flaw in the prosecutions case which allowed them to walk away from custody ? Would you also die on that hill like you are with Georgie ? I hope that you would hold the same genuine advocacy for them as you do him.

I know that I am treading a fine line and that the presumption of innocence is paramount, as is the sanctity of the judiciary - which should always be respected. However I am not the only one who thinks that the evidence presented before the Royal Commission was so particularly shocking and recurrent over the decades that it's implausible for there not to be smoke near the fire. Implausible that so many people just made things up for over the the decades for reasons. It doesn't pass the pub test.

I know that as much as merkins like Pell walk free, there are many instances of shocking miscarriages of justice. I am not ignorant to this. Therefore I have to concede that there is a possibility that he may, by some astonishing mix of coincidence and collusion, have been innocent. I still find it unlikely notwithstanding. Am i blinded by bias ? Well there is this potential on both sides.

View attachment 89866

I am perhaps unable to accept that he is innocent because the allegations pertain to abhorrent crimes against children and his willingness to protect others in the clergy.

And of course his role as architect of the Melbourne Response. :mad:

Pell’s crime may have simply been that he was unlikeable, powerful, and represented an organisation that is widely despised by everybody not a member of that organisation. The world is full of people prepared to lie, and even more people prepared to believe them.

God’s justice isn’t meted out by men.
It's meted out by plagues of frogs, lice, flies and locusts instead...

raining eric cartman GIF by South Park

Mojo

Bench
God’s justice isn’t meted out by men.
Uhhh - god hasn’t got a great record when it comes to matters of justice.
In fact he / she / it set up a bit of a shitfight immediately following creation. God’s rap sheet is particularly poor when it comes to gender politics and sex crimes.
And that’s just for us JudeoChristian dudes. Other gods, before, during and after, have all had a pretty poor record.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Uhhh - god hasn’t got a great record when it comes to matters of justice.
In fact he / she / it set up a bit of a shitfight immediately following creation. God’s rap sheet is particularly poor when it comes to gender politics and sex crimes.
And that’s just for us JudeoChristian dudes. Other gods, before, during and after, have all had a pretty poor record.
Would you prefer us all to have been made slaves with no free will, with human nature and our world infinitely worse than what it potentially is in say other universes? (think time travel, Dr Who). Maybe your perfect utopia exists after death? Who knows? No one? Believers? I dunno, but it's definitely not the most evil among us.

ImTheMan

Juniors
This, you and everyone you know both good and bad are a very short blip in history and will be completely forgotten. Who will care about anything written here in 100 years?

Mojo

Bench
Would you prefer us all to have been made slaves with no free will, with human nature and our world infinitely worse than what it potentially is in say other universes? (think time travel, Dr Who). Maybe your perfect utopia exists after death? Who knows? No one? Believers? I dunno, but it's definitely not the most evil among us.
I think you’re saying that god gives us free will and human nature therefore spans a continuum - including great evil. This is a very deep subject for a footy forum but i would say that ‘free will‘ is just a function of human consciousness. I think personal responsibility is much more important than any cultural doctrines of guilt.

Offences against societal / civil standards are matters of law and judgment. Personally, I don’t think god and religion have any part in any justice system. In fact, I think it’s vitally important that religion and justice remain as separate as possible.

That‘s all I will say - because a forum such as this isn’t the right place to discuss and debate such subjects.

Basically, and it’s a personal opinion .. that’s all … I just find resort to religious justifications for.… well anything really … generally very, very amusing.

Mojo

Bench
This, you and everyone you know both good and bad are a very short blip in history and will be completely forgotten. Who will care about anything written here in 100 years?
Words are immortal and I anticipate aliens from planet Ignoramus in 3043 will read this forum and marvel at its profundity.

ImTheMan

Juniors
I think we are on the same page that Pell should have been trialled as a person and not as a powerful member of the Catholic church. I'm not sure if that helps him in Victoria today?
Where does it say you have to feel guilty in order to change your behavior? Can you not just choose to be a good man as best as you know how within a religious framework which actually shaped Australia today socially and legally, whether you are an atheist, satanist or scientologist.

Can you not just choose to be a good man as best as you know how within a religious framework which actually shaped Australia today socially and legally, whether you are an atheist, satanist or scientologist.
Can you not just choose to be a good man as best as you know how without a religious framework - which are of increasing irrelevance to Australia socially and legally, today and into the future?