What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

T.S Quint

Coach
The part I find most interesting is when Seward brought in the hookers and blow, only for the NRL integrity unit to come barging through the door....then they join in too.

Ok I may have stopped reading after the first paragraph.

Kornstar

Coach
The part I find most interesting is when Seward brought in the hookers and blow, only for the NRL integrity unit to come barging through the door....then they join in too.

Ok I may have stopped reading after the first paragraph.

No, no.....you are close enough......

phantom eel

First Grade
Lol, the NRL need Hayne more than Hayne needs the NRL.
Beavis pretty much summed it up, no one knows what's going on.
Actually, they don't.

NRL coped plenty well enough without Hayne during his two year suspens... er, I mean sabbatical.

Dibs

Bench
I find it funny the media saying the nrl will only register Haynes contract for the rest of this year if it includes multiple seasons following. What's to stop the eels and Jarryd making an arrangement where they agree to a contract like this but secretly agree to release him after 18 months?

hybrideel

Bench
he'll be 32 by then and past his peak. If he couldn't get in now even though it was a short term effort, i can't see him getting in in 4 years. They are loaded with freakish rugby players over there. He may have a shot for Australia though but the gold medal chance lowers significantly

ash411

Bench
he'll be 32 by then and past his peak. If he couldn't get in now even though it was a short term effort, i can't see him getting in in 4 years. They are loaded with freakish rugby players over there. He may have a shot for Australia though but the gold medal chance lowers significantly
Nope, not eligible for the Wallabies now.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
My understanding is that you can't chop and change allegiances in RU like you can in league.

First choice is last choice as I understand it.

Thats how it should be instead in rugby league we have guys who can play for 3 different countries and bloody queensland make no sense and is stupid

ash411

Bench
Thats how it should be instead in rugby league we have guys who can play for 3 different countries and bloody queensland make no sense and is stupid
Very much agree with you, in my opinion you shouldn't get to choose. You play for the country it says on your birth certificate.

phantom eel

First Grade
My understanding is that you can't chop and change allegiances in RU like you can in league.

First choice is last choice as I understand it.
Not quite, I don't reckon...

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/pick-country-country/
The IRB has altered the one core rule underpinning international rugby eligibility requirements: that at a senior level, players who play for one country can only thereafter play for that country.

In 2013, the IRB altered its Regulation 8 governing international eligibility, so as to broaden the strength of the Sevens competition at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics. The new Regulation 8 stipulates that any player that has not played test rugby for eighteen months and qualifies for the another country via his passport can compete at the Olympic Games so long as he has played in an Olympic qualifying event (ie. a Sevens World Series competition) beforehand.

The lag time will be three years, rather than eighteen months, for future Olympic Sevens events.
So if Jarryd doesn't play test rugby for either country between 2017-2020, he will be eligible to play for Australia or Fiji in Rugby Sevens at the 2020 Olympics.

phantom eel

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...am-snubbed-cameron-smith-20160714-gq5n1s.html

Hayne's season in doubt

There's no guarantee that Jarryd Hayne will be playing in the NRL next season, let alone the remainder of this one at Parramatta.

Not our words but that of his closest mates at the Eels, who aren't so sure Hayne will be rushing backing any time soon. The Hayne haters have been climbing into the code-hopping superstar since Monday when he revealed he had missed out on selection for Fiji at the Rio Olympics.

Time beat him more than his fitness. We're told his body has changed dramatically in the past month. Returning to rugby league will be no issue.

If and when he does come back, Eels fans might remind him of the second-last sentence of his signed statement on the club's website on October 15, 2014.

Hayne wrote: "I'm leaving knowing that I have signed a 'lifetime agreement' with the Eels, so if I return to the NRL, it will be to Parramatta."