What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Kornstar

Coach
I know it won't happen but f**k it would be funny to see phantom bart's reaction to Hayne signing with the Eels this weekend.......even better if he ran out on Sunday.......

phantom eel

First Grade
I know it won't happen but f**k it would be funny to see phantom bart's reaction to Hayne signing with the Eels this weekend.......even better if he ran out on Sunday.......
latest

phantom eel

First Grade
Cheers Avenger, but I wouldn't call it a case of me being "right" about Hayne... just suspicious that he was over rugby league when he left in October 2014 and would never come back.

Hayne said in his own words that he'd achieved all that there was to achieve in the code - so I couldn't see why he'd ever come back to us/league after his attempts at NFL and Olympic Rugby 7s. He'll want to try something different.

Next stop for Jarryd imo is a Rugby Union contract of some sort - here, japan, france?

Kornstar

Coach
I reckon phantom could be right after all.

The point is.............who gives a shit? What is going to happen will happen and "knowing" all a long one thing or another is irrelevant.

I don't know where he will go, i don't care unless he comes back to Parra. If he goes to Union good on him, i hope he bleeds them dry and achieves whatever he and his manager want career and money wise.

If he goes to another NRL club i will watch him and hope he gets the premiership he deserves as long as it isn't at our expense.

If he comes back to us i will be ecstatic and support him as i did before.

At this point though i have no clue, gut feel or not because i am not him and i don't pretend to anticipate what someone else will do.......or care for that matter.......his decision won't impact me much in the scheme of things.

Kornstar

Coach
Cheers Avenger, but I wouldn't call it a case of me being "right" about Hayne... just suspicious that he was over rugby league when he left in October 2014 and would never come back.

Hayne said in his own words that he'd achieved all that there was to achieve in the code - so I couldn't see why he'd ever come back to us/league after his attempts at NFL and Olympic Rugby 7s. He'll want to try something different.

Next stop for Jarryd imo is a Rugby Union contract of some sort - here, japan, france?

France seems like an awesome place to be.......1.5 million a year with a chance to be killed, sounds great!

phantom eel

First Grade
There's a chance to be killed anywhere... nutters exist, even here!

France is fine. I'd be more worried in England after they eventually drop out of the EU and their economy and jobs market tank.

Kornstar

Coach
For Jarryd I think there's only two rugby clubs in Paris - Stade Francais and one other?

The other clubs like Toulon, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Lyon etc, are spread out across the south in less big cities, with less risk of the "urban" violence you seem to be referring to Korny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_14#Current_teams

Still something to consider, there have been 2 big attacks within a year, how many have there been here?

phantom eel

First Grade
Still something to consider, there have been 2 big attacks within a year, how many have there been here?
Mate, it's just a massive population over there 66 million people in basically the space of New South Wales... 12 million people in broader Paris alone.

So you're going to get more incidents, but with those numbers you've also got less chance of being one the people involved in them.

Kornstar

Coach
Mate, it's just a massive population over there 66 million people in basically the space of New South Wales... 12 million people in broader Paris alone.

So you're going to get more incidents, but with those numbers you've also got less chance of being one the people involved in them.

I know the logic, i get it. Maybe it is just because i would never go.

Agreed, for someone who the right people were saying the right things and the chance he had of making the 53 man roster was good, it was just so odd.

My opinion is that he just didn't want to be sitting on a bench all that time. Some guys grow up in the US playing footy all their life to sit on a bench to be a 4th string RB and occasional punt returner as it is all they know. Hayne was the man in his sport though and got the ball whenever he wanted.

One day his reasons will come out, probably after he has retired but it will be interesting to hear.

Yeah but Jarryd has God looking after him in France.

#NoWorriesMate

Oh yeah, forgot about that imaginary figure.......

eels_fan

First Grade
So it seems the general consensus has changed from us being near morals to secure Jarryd for 2017, to now the NRL being an unlikely option?

phantom eel

First Grade
The article neglects to mention the motza that Jarryd made out of his share of NFL official merchandising last year, which wouldn't be replicated in his second season. And he needs to keep staying in the news somehow (rather than just settling into an average role), for his own clothing line to move any stock and make him any coin.

From the outside looking in, it seems like Hayne worked so hard to get his shot at NFL last season, that he just couldn't be arsed to follow through and keep his spot under the new coach (with a new playbook to learn)? "God" let him to Fiji to reconnect spiritually, and conveniently retrain his body for the rugby codes - and coincidently Hayne also got a lot of media coverage he wouldn't have otherwise had thanks to his latest switch.

Great final quote in the article: "It’s unlikely Hayne will ever dominate the Australian sporting landscape quite like he did during the 2015-16 summer. And I think that bothers him. A lot of his behaviour indicates he likes the spotlight. And the lights just aren’t as bright on Saturday arvos in Parramatta as they are on Monday nights in San Francisco."

Latest posts