What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Officialy Re-signs

big boppa eel

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
great news...we knew it was going to happen. Shamefully everyone else thought it wasnt!
Good on Hayne for showing his loyalty and to the eels..
Good on the kid I was definetly one of the doubters, and am eating humble pie as i type, very glad to be wrong, clever for not signing for 5 years on his part because if he stays injury free he will make a killing in the future , smart boy. ;-)

Junior 5

Juniors
(tune to Jingle Bells)
Hayne has signed, Hayne has signed.
Jarryd Hayne has signed.
Now all we need is Kristen to sign the dotted line.
Hey.

That is the dotted line on a contract with the Eels.

Merry Christmas everyone and all the best for 2008.

a great day for the eels now all we need is the ultimate icing on the cake!

come on krisnan take a deep breath and put pen to paper just like jarryd you are still young and there is plenty of time to chase the big dollars later just give us another two years thats all i ask

If Krisnan signs I think we can win a premiership in the next 2 years, I think we are in the best postion to challenge Melbourne.

Avenger

Immortal
Not a bad price

December 13, 2007

PARRAMATTA winger Jarryd Hayne has signed for less money than he could have earned at another NRL club because he wants to keep fellow young gun Krisnan Inu at the Eels.
With Hayne, 19, and Inu, 20, due to come off contract at the end of next season, Parramatta was given little chance of keeping both backline aces until Hayne yesterday agreed to a new two-year deal.
The pressure is now on Inu to match Hayne's loyalty after the Test winger signed for an estimated $550,000 over two years - with reports he could have earned $800,000 over the same period at another club - so the Eels had salary-cap room to keep the Kiwi international.
"That's probably why I did take the pay cut, because I pretty well understand that Krisnan needs to come under the cap as well," Hayne said. "I understand that and when you play with mates it doesn't seem like a pay cut because you know you're having fun. I'd rather play for less money and be in finals than play for more money and not be in the top eight."
Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said player manager Wayne Beavis had negotiated Hayne's deal with an understanding of the club's salary cap position and desire to keep both youngsters. Fitzgerald said the club could now make an offer which would squeeze Inu under the $4million ceiling.
"We've started having discussions with Krisnan and his manager Isaac Moses, so we're hopeful and confident of a satisfactory resolution over probably the next month," Fitzgerald said. "We've got a few dollars there. We can make him a very attractive offer. I think he's a lot like Jarryd. He's very happy here and he wants to stay here with all his mates."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22914717-5012431,00.html

spiderdan

Bench
i reckon in round 1 next year hayne will receive a bigger standing ovation when he runs out than even hindy ever received. ditto for inu if he follws hayne's lead to stay with his mates.

Pazza

First Grade
lol sounds like he did us a huge favour. Hindy could walk away from parra and earn double what he is getting now. maybe not all footy players are money hungry scum bags, unless you play for the dogs :D