What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Officialy Re-signs

forward pass

Coach
Gee, I would have thought it was worth more than a 2 line statement...and why mention 08?

Fantastic news though - I am actually impressed that the club were able to secure him - although 3 years would have been nice as I get the feeling he will be worth a lot more at the end of 2010.

Nice one (cough) Fitzy !

Stagger eel

Staff member
forward pass said:
Gee, I would have thought it was worth more than a 2 line statement...and why mention 08?

Fantastic news though - I am actually impressed that the club were able to secure him - although 3 years would have been nice as I get the feeling he will be worth a lot more at the end of 2010.

Nice one (cough) Fitzy !

probably because he's recieving a major upgrade in 08 using the money left from PJ..therefore his contract would of been ammended somewhat.

forward pass

Coach
Ok but don't you think the club missed a great opportunity to pat itself on the back that one of the brightest players in the game wants to stay with us despite fairly large offers elsewhere and is proof of the great work our club does looking after young players/juniors?

This is a major re-signing for our club and I would have thought was worthy of more than that statement. How about a word about the loyalty Jarryd has shown?

I may be being pedantic, but if you are going to market our club - then market it at every opportunity!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
forward pass said:
Ok but don't you think the club missed a great opportunity to pat itself on the back that one of the brightest players in the game wants to stay with us despite fairly large offers elsewhere and is proof of the great work our club does looking after young players/juniors?

This is a major re-signing for our club and I would have thought was worthy of more than that statement. How about a word about the loyalty Jarryd has shown?

I may be being pedantic, but if you are going to market our club - then market it at every opportunity!!

there is a apperently a press conference going on also..wait until you see what comes of it, other than that it's simple effective and straight to the point imo.

Bazal

Post Whore
Excellent news. Now for Inu...whom I believe will sign for three years by January some time. No sauce mind you, just a hunch ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Eels lock up Hayne until 2010

Dec 12, 2007

Teenage Test winger Jarryd Hayne says sticking with his NRL team-mates was the deciding factor in agreeing to a new contract with Parramatta.

Hayne announced on Wednesday he's extended his contract at Parramatta by two years, meaning he will stay with the Eels until the end of 2010.

Hayne said the stability provided by the club at which he made his NRL debut in 2006 was important at this stage of his blossoming career.

Eels coach Michael Hagan said Hayne is likely to start next season in the centres while Ben Smith recovers from shoulder and knee surgery.

South Sydney attempted to recruit 19-year-old Hayne who made his Test debut for the Kangaroos this year.

The Eels will now turn their attention towards retaining Kiwi Test centre and fellow young gun Krisnan Inu.

Inu is off contract next year but chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said the Eels are confident "there is enough in the bikkie tin" to offer the impressive 20-year-old a competitive upgraded deal to stay at Parramatta.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1501140

sooperdooper

First Grade
great news...we knew it was going to happen. Shamefully everyone else thought it wasnt!
Good on Hayne for showing his loyalty and to the eels..

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Just want to say thank you Santa you have made one of my christmas wishes come true now can you help with my other wish and talk to Kristan to ensure he stay with the Mighty Eels.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Parra R 4 Me said:
Just want to say thank you Santa you have made one of my christmas wishes come true now can you help with my other wish and talk to Kristan to ensure he stay with the Mighty Eels.

Talk to Jesus not Santa.

Latest posts