What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne - outstanding!!

strider

Post Whore
i don't think those marks on his cheek were too bad - surface scratches .... they did look like they were from studs - bit of dirt in there probably made it look worse .... he'll be right (i hope :lol:)

Bigfella

Coach
Could easily have been MOM I reckon.

He was awesome.

And yes Twiz, there were times when I was screaming for Cooper to let him have it ...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pretty sure those marks on his face came from his tackle on Tait that put Tait over the side line and into the change rooms

V1er

Juniors
Hayne was terrefic i thought, easily one of the blues best. As good as a defender as cooper is he's a bit like tahu, he just doesnt pass to his winger.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeh, I'd hate to play outside Cooper.

He seems to think he has to make a break everytime he has the ball and generally, if he doesn't, he goes to ground with it. Doesn't even think to create some space for his winger or even draw and pass. He is a hog of the highest order.
He's not half the player he was 12 months ago.

Suity

cirque

Juniors
I think Paul Gallen, Greg Bird, Hayne, Hoffman played well. I think these guys reved up the Blues especially Gallen and Bird. Offcourse we cant forget the try by Hayne. He is growing up to be a outstanding player. El was good so was Mason and Ryan.
Cooper, Kimmorley and Bedsy was quite ordinary same was Hindy ....
I think we have a good team next year. ....

strider

Post Whore
if i had to rate players from best to worst for nsw it'd go something like:

Bird, Hayne, Gallen, Mason, Buderus (he does a mountain of work which should not be ignored), King, Hoffman, Bailey, Hindy, Ryan, El Masri, Cooper, Stewart (was quiet), Gidley (not many opportunities), Kimmorley (was inured tho)

Utey

Coach
Gidley came up with some good dummy half scoots, didn't have enough game time though.

mickdo

Coach
I think at a bare minimum next year Farrah should be in over Buderus, and Gasnier over Cooper. Then we need to find a halfback as well...

strider

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
Gidley came up with some good dummy half scoots, didn't have enough game time though.
yeah ... tbh i struggled ranking them from about Bailey on :lol: :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
mickdo said:
I think at a bare minimum next year Farrah should be in over Buderus, and Gasnier over Cooper. Then we need to find a halfback as well...

Farrah is an outstanding player, no doubt! But Buderus had his best game of the series so far - he was unbelieveable in the amount of work he did and I was really impressed.

You may be right though.

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
You know what I found interesting ... was how clearly Hayne stood out in the backline.

He has played like that for Parra for a while now ... and he isn't necessarily our form back of the year. In fact most of them are playing at or near his level.

Yet for NSW ... he has head and shoulders above the majority of his backline.

Does that say we are going well, or are NSW going bad ... or are the selctors?

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
You know what I found interesting ... was how clearly Hayne stood out in the backline.

He has played like that for Parra for a while now ... and he isn't necessarily our form back of the year. In fact most of them are playing at or near his level.

Yet for NSW ... he has head and shoulders above the majority of his backline.

Does that say we are going well, or are NSW going bad ... or are the selctors?

Maybe it's because we look at Hayne differently when in a Blues jersey.
How would you have rated Kings performance last night if you were a Storm fan?

Suity

strider

Post Whore
i think hayne played better than usual last night .... similar style, but he really stepped up a notch - his kick return was brilliant, sometimes belting into them, sometimes spinning and stepping - he's certainly trying hard for parra, but i think he went to another level last night against the cream of the crop

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
i think hayne played better than usual last night .... similar style, but he really stepped up a notch - his kick return was brilliant, sometimes belting into them, sometimes spinning and stepping - he's certainly trying hard for parra, but i think he went to another level last night against the cream of the crop

Yes, he certainly did.
He was outstanding no doubt.

Suity

mickdo

Coach
Suitman said:
Buderus had his best game of the series so far - he was unbelieveable in the amount of work he did and I was really impressed.
Not saying he didn't, but he will be a year older come next year, and I think we need a more attacking side if we want to win it, especially given that there isn't a ready made solution at 7.