What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne - outstanding!!

Suitman

Post Whore
mickdo said:
Not saying he didn't, but he will be a year older come next year, and I think we need a more attacking side if we want to win it, especially given that there isn't a ready made solution at 7.

Indeed.
Farrah is certainly more versatile than Buderus.

Suity

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Unless Gidley plays more at Hooker for Knights I think he's a little wasted for the Blues. His strengths lie in being on the go for the full 80 minutes.

I think NSW lost a little direction when Buderus was off.

Too early to go picking next year's team, but either way - Buderus hooker, Farrah 14, or Farrah hooker - I'm happy.

If things get really bad you think they might even put Farrah in 7?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
strider said:
if i had to rate players from best to worst for nsw it'd go something like:

Bird, Hayne, Gallen, Mason, Buderus (he does a mountain of work which should not be ignored), King, Hoffman, Bailey, Hindy, Ryan, El Masri, Cooper, Stewart (was quiet), Gidley (not many opportunities), Kimmorley (was inured tho)

looks like you don't rate Simpson or Kite at all ;-)

I'd rate Hazem a few places higher than you have, probably just above King actually. And I'd rate Gallen a fair bit lower, around the middle of the list.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I found that Gidley was doing more harm than good. His running was disjointing the Blues attack and we looked better when Buderus came back on. Farah for Gidley next year and Cooper must never be selected again.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Hayne is unbelievable, that kid just plays so above his age, his maturity and skill is amazing for a 19 yr old, parra better keep him, because this kid has the nsw and australian jersey wrapped up

Macca_

Coach
El Masri had a shocker!

I backed Hanye/NSW 1-12 (first try scorer/margin double) at 31/1.

:lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eloquentEEL said:
And I'd rate Gallen a fair bit lower, around the middle of the list.

Gallen was class IMO, took it right to QLD with a bit of niggle and his offloading was causing problems while he was on the field. Maybe the series would have been different if he was there from the start.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought Gallen had a great game, especially when he tried to rip Carrolls head off. QLD got the penalty but it seemed to fire us up. And on Hayne again, he is just a freak. Hopefully plays for Parra for many years to come.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
jayjayselmes said:
cooper was ordinary at best...... they say he is the best center in the the game and the best finisher in the game??????

2 tries were bungled by him

anyone see Hindy's reaction when Cooper got pulled up short by Bell? I think it was pretty easy to work out which two words he used :lol:

I wonder who it was aimed at though?

Bazal

Post Whore
Prolly Cooper for not fugging passing :fist: I know that's who I directed it at :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah saw that it the reply today, laughed my arse of when i saw it. Hindy's a classic :lol:

hairy asad

Juniors
lucablight said:
Cooper was terrible IMO. Haven't seen so many bombed tries and knock ons by a player in ages.

DID YOU SEE MANU VATUVEI AGAINST THE EELS A FEW WEEKS BACK? Unless you think a few weeks is ages I don't think you did see it.

And you can't call those matt cooper tries bombed? Queensland always has defence of steel when its crunch time in origin games....no-one would have scored them. I think its great work by matt cooper to keep probing away at the qld defence out wide because he was smart enough to work out qld had makeshfits there. He was possibly the most dangerous player on the field in the second half and chewed up the metres. It is better to come close to scoring a try and put your team in an attacking position than to sit back and watch the play unfold.