What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne ready : stuart

xr62nv

Juniors
Hayne ready for Test footy: Ricky Stuart

Monday Oct 2 18:59 AEST

Australian Test coach Ricky Stuart believes teenage rookie Jarryd Hayne is ready for Test football now - despite the Parramatta winger having only 15 NRL matches to his credit.
Hayne was the selection bolter when the Australian squad to contest the Tri-Nations was named on Monday, capping a stunning rise up the ranks which began in the Eels Premier League ranks earlier this year.
Thrust into first grade by rookie coach Jason Taylor following the sacking of longtime Parramatta mentor Brian Smith midway through the year, Hayne played a large role in helping turn the Eels from wooden spoon contenders into premiership fancies late in the season.
Despite his youth, Stuart said he would have no hesitation in naming Hayne in his starting line-up for the opening match against New Zealand on October 14.

I don't think so, he's a young player that's been in terrific form throughout the season in his first season," Stuart said on Monday.
"This will be a great experience for him and the ball's in his hands now, it's a matter of how he handles himself.
"It's a great opportunity for him to further his career in representative football. I'm sure he'd be very, very excited with his selection.
"There's no-one picked there just for the experience."
Hayne was rewarded for scoring a stunning 17 tries in his 15 top grade appearances with selection in the Kangaroos train-on squad before being named in the Prime Minister's XIII to play Papua New Guinea last Saturday.
Hayne scored a double against the Kumuls and was left stunned by his elevation into the Kangaroos squad on Monday.
"It's literally a dream come true," Hayne said.
"I knew the side was getting picked today, I hadn't given it a second thought to be honest.
"I was just happy to play in the game against PNG, that was great, this is just amazing.
"I just can't believe it, when you look at the quality of players in the squad ... it's just amazing."

link: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=149063

2 years ago I remember seeing him in a trial at Manly in the Harold Mathews. He has not stopped impressing me ever since. I knew he would make it. FREAK.

parraknick

Juniors
This article is encouraging for his chances. Hmm...I dunno though. As mentioned in the other thread, there's a host of top line players there. They'll probably just put two centres on the wing. Nevertheless, these comments by Ricky are encouraging.

Parra Guru

Coach
:-k This coming from a man who left Eric Grothe in reserve grade for 2 years.

Stay away from our wingers you jinx :lol:

Fathead

Bench
HAYNE is good but its way too early for him to be playing for Australia.
Maybe in a year or two.

Hellsy

Immortal
If your good enough, you are old enough.

It'll be a wonderful experience for him, and he will learn alot

Inferno

Coach
When is he off contract? I wonder if Sticky might be trying to entice him to Cronulla in a little while, we don't have any fantastic wingers right now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Inferno said:
When is he off contract? I wonder if Sticky might be trying to entice him to Cronulla in a little while, we don't have any fantastic wingers right now.

fat chance

Latest posts