What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne replacement?

Replacement

• Norman to fullback Kelly in

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Hoppa to fullback Morgan in

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Hunt in no other changes

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Norman too fullback matterson in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoppa too fullback Davis in

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

The Colonel

Immortal
How does it make sense? How much fullback has Hoppa played? How much nrl has he played recently. Hunt means only one change.Thou Norman would be a better fullback and Kelly would probably do just as well as norman at 5/8 who has been a tad dissapointing

How much NRL has Hunt played recently??

I will throw in another option having read a few different reports and that is Pewharanghi into the centres.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd probably prefer Vai in the centres personally....wasn't that impressed with Api last season but I admittedly have seen no NSW Cup this year. That said if Morgs travelled with the side to Townsville he's the obvious in.

Or maybe his GPS was interfered with and he ended up driving to Bowraville Oval (that's in QLD) and was surprised to find his mates weren't there? Surely that's even more likely.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was int the dressing room before the cowboys game. Was back up in case one of the backs got injured in the warm up.

Typical nfi post.

Cheers mate but it's already been covered.

The game was delayed here (indefinitely and at the last minute) due to a rain delay at the Asian Golf Tour. I got sick of waiting for the coverage to start so I watched the start of the Bulldogs-Knights match. When I finally checked the Eels/Asian golfers, the game had already kicked off.

So I didn't see Morgan in the change room. In light of that there was nothing wrong with my assessment. Morgan has a history of being injury prone and he's good enough that other clubs will be interested, and probably earning enough that we would be open to offers.

Sphagnum

Coach
Hayne carried the injury for about 78 minutes the other night. Obviously effected his performance which was uncharacteristically poor.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Sio to fullback and Morgan on the wing. I wouldn't change anything in the halves.This will prove to be Arthurs biggest test so far. None of our recent coaches have been successful without Hayne.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Hunt to fullback. He did well covering when Inglis was out for Souths.

Hopefully we don't lose Hayne for long only the sharks game.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hopoate is an excellent fullback. He doesn't seem to be able to drop bombs that are kicked at him, and will bring down a man one on one.

In previous years, any time Hayne was out, we were blessed with Mullaney or Burt at fullback, two of the worst in the business at the aforementioned skills. So every linebreak resulted in a try.

I feel fairly confident that IF Hayne is out for a couple of weeks, it won't be as bad as 'before'. Hopefully Hoppa gets the gig, and we're able to restructure that right side defence (Morgan and Sandow side by side is terrifying!)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sio to fullback and Morgan on the wing. I wouldn't change anything in the halves.This will prove to be Arthurs biggest test so far. None of our recent coaches have been successful without Hayne.

Arthur's was two from six without Hayne in 2012. Not too bad.

Latest posts