What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne to Souths?

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
I heard a rumor that Jarryd Hayne is going to sign with souths next week for the 2009 season, this was just on another forum, i dont believe it, but people are saying this. Anyone heard anything?

The Colonel

Immortal
There has been mention of this a couple of times - mainly due to the fact that JT was the coachj when Hayne made his debut. Could happen, who knows. If that is what the kid wants to do there isn't much we can do about it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
hindmarsh4pm said:
I heard a rumor that Jarryd Hayne is going to sign with souths next week for the 2009 season, this was just on another forum, i dont believe it, but people are saying this. Anyone heard anything?

I heard a rumour shane watson is going to open the batting in the WC final?

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Believe me it is a deadset myth. People have just made the connection between JT and Hayne and assumed. It is like all the players that were coming to Parra from Newcastle last year and the apparent massive rumours about Widders going to Newcastle

Pazza

First Grade
or when Noel Cleal left, all our juniors where going to jump ship (baring Lyon and K Cleal)

Eelectrica

Referee
Sounds a bit crazy to sign someone that far ahead.
I mean the guy is a talent no doubt, but a lot can happen between now and then injury wise. Also they don't know what other juniors will rise to the top between now and then either.

Bet big, win big I suppose is what they're going for.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I cannot see Hayne leaving because of Taylor? I'm sorry but if he's happy with the players here and money there is no reason to leave.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
yeah i find it hard to believe, considering only last week hayne was quoted as saying in an article that he wants to stay at parra and be a one club man, also saying it would feel weird to pull on another jersey. Probably just some more crap rebecca wilson has made up.

MrT

Juniors
many thoughtb Tim Smith would follow JT to Souths and now he wants to re-sign at Parra.
No way would Hayne sign now for 2009 to another club. I recall the NRL saying they wouldn't allow this.

Hayne has said he only wanted to wear the Parra jumper, Hagan has brought up some of the young guys he's been playing with. Be good to keep them all together.

Then again is Hayne doing a Tahu with his comments