What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne will win the Dally M

Last year... because he insisted on thinking he was a centre.

oh is that right? glad he was so influential over the selection process. :roll:

I think he's always wanted to be fullback, but with burt doing so well at FB it was either wing or centre. And we all know that a player of his ability shouldnt be stuck on the wing.

This year... because DA insisted on thinking he was a five-eighth.

i believe the 5/8 'experiment' was part of the plan to re-ignite his form - and was probably never intended to last long-term. Playing in that position forced him to work harder in the gym, defensively, and organisationally. Now in his preferred position he has a greater appreciation of his influence on the game and how/when to inject himself.

He wouldnt be the player he is now without that experience.

Kornstar

Coach
Last year... because he insisted on thinking he was a centre.

This year... because DA insisted on thinking he was a five-eighth.

I still believe that he could be a VERY good 5/8th in the coming years like Lockyer.....

Our teams pathetic performances didn't help Jarryd at all!

Gronk

Staff member
oh is that right? glad he was so influential over the selection process. :roll:

I think he's always wanted to be fullback, but with burt doing so well at FB it was either wing or centre. And we all know that a player of his ability shouldnt be stuck on the wing.

i believe the 5/8 'experiment' was part of the plan to re-ignite his form - and was probably never intended to last long-term. Playing in that position forced him to work harder in the gym, defensively, and organisationally. Now in his preferred position he has a greater appreciation of his influence on the game and how/when to inject himself.

He wouldnt be the player he is now without that experience.

Agree. Ando said a week after he put Hayne at FB that the delay was because he wasn't fit enough to play FB. I actually think that spending that time a 6 gave him some added skills (defensive and off loads) that he may not have without that time close to the ruck.

caylo

Bench
I still believe that he could be a VERY good 5/8th in the coming years like Lockyer.....

Our teams pathetic performances didn't help Jarryd at all!

I think Jarryd could be a very good 5-8 but at the moment we have 2 very good young prospects (KK and Mortz) and the best thing for the team is for Jarryd to be at Fullback. If we do want Jarryd to play a 5-8 role I dont understand why we couldnt play a backrower at 5-8 and have him play a 5-8 role from fullback like lockyer did most of his at fullback

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Disagree on the Lockyer comparision.

Lockyer has/had a wonderful boot and a great passing game.

Hayne has an awesome running game, powerful and elusive.

I reckon fullback is his go. Pop up anywhere but the leave the kicking and organising to the halves.

Probably should be fullback for Aus.

Gronk

Staff member
Soward escapes suspension after a guilty plea. Essentially the lesser charge suggests that it was unintentional.

*cough*

Parra Guru

Coach
Well tbh if Thurston got out of the Williams one, blind freddy could tell you Soward would get off with a clean record.

I would rather Soward win the Dally M than Thurston.

strider

Post Whore
Well tbh if Thurston got out of the Williams one, blind freddy could tell you Soward would get off with a clean record.

I would rather Soward win the Dally M than Thurston.
tbh they r both twats ... but yeah i guess anyone but thurston (just for you belly :lol:)

interesting....

Wonder what HJ will say if Hayne takes out the Daily M?:lol:

Same thing as I do every year - that the Dally M is a piece of crap handed out by journalists.

The only award that matters that is given out that night is the People's Choice thingy.

If they want real awards, they should have one that is a Players' Player and a Best & Fairest voted by the refs.

strider

Post Whore
surely josh isn't important enough to actually cast dally m votes??? :lol: :lol:

Wasn't the Rothman's medal awarded by refs for B&F? If so, why the hell did they get rid of that and keep an award handed out by hacks?

It's like the Immortals thing - that's actually decided by RLW, isn't it? Like, wtf?

strider

Post Whore
Wasn't the Rothman's medal awarded by refs for B&F? If so, why the hell did they get rid of that and keep an award handed out by hacks?

It's like the Immortals thing - that's actually decided by RLW, isn't it? Like, wtf?
cos awards, like most other things in life, need sponsorship :(

Gronk

Staff member

I've actually long held a conspiracy theory that Dally Messenger wasn't really the gun player as News Ltd wanted us to believe and that his notoriety was exaggerated to benefit their newspaper at the time, The Daily Mirror so they could call it the Dally M awards.

Yeah, is that it? They simply let the DT in (exclusively?) because they pay money for it?

If that's true, the award automatically means sh*t all.

Avenger

Immortal
I would love to be humble and all but I'll leave that to the Master.

689514_1_.jpg

Latest posts