What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne

Eelementary

Post Whore
In Haynes defence, Timana Tahu, who in my opinion is twice the player Hayne is (and Hayne is one of my favourite players) took about a whole season to get used to playing centre. And once he did, he was magnificent.

Hayne has the talent - I see no reason why, with time, he can become a great centre.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hayne need space, he gets that at the back.

From what i've seen of Parra this year is that when they give him the ball it's when he's at the line, so consquently his strengths have been limited, he's a broken field runner not a Hodges like centre where he can just out muscle opponents.

FROSTY319

Juniors
Hayne need space, he gets that at the back.

From what i've seen of Parra this year is that when they give him the ball it's when he's at the line, so consquently his strengths have been limited, he's a broken field runner not a Hodges like centre where he can just out muscle opponents.

I agree. Do you remember that try he scored against the Tigers last year ? Fui broke through the defence and passed to Jazzy on the fly !

That's what I want to see him do more.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree. Do you remember that try he scored against the Tigers last year ? Fui broke through the defence and passed to Jazzy on the fly !

Luke Burt is the best backup player in the NRL. What makes you think that Hayne is any better ?

Frankly for the money that "Jazz" is on I expect him to make line breaks rather than just me a good backup runner.

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
Luke Burt is the best backup player in the NRL. .

Ha. & wade mckinnon is the worst!

It'd be nice if the 'best back up player in the NRL' knew which of our boys were likly to offload and followed them everytime. I'm sick of Feleti gettin his arms free looking for someone to pass to and the 'best backup player in the nrl' is 20 metres away standing in our backline.

FROSTY319

Juniors
Ha. & wade mckinnon is the worst!

It'd be nice if the 'best back up player in the NRL' knew which of our boys were likly to offload and followed them everytime. I'm sick of Feleti gettin his arms free looking for someone to pass to and the 'best backup player in the nrl' is 20 metres away standing in our backline.

Exactly ! Burty couldn't back his car up in the garage at the moment.

Billy Slater for mine is the best backup player in the NRL.

sooperdooper

First Grade
burt the best back up player?
i would have him down as one of the worst....

hayne needs to be shifted to FB

V1er

Juniors
Id keep Hayne in the centres for now, I liked what i saw between Hayne and Inu on friday night, could turn into a deadly combination for us out wide.

Hutchy86

Juniors
In Haynes defence, Timana Tahu, who in my opinion is twice the player Hayne is (and Hayne is one of my favourite players) took about a whole season to get used to playing centre. And once he did, he was magnificent.

Hayne has the talent - I see no reason why, with time, he can become a great centre.
agree wholeheartedly..
had that 'forward' pass been let through in the Bronc's game I think we would of witnessed the reason behind his big contract.
The kid is magic on his feet & a gutsy, if not terrific defender. I think he'll develop into a great young centre.. but if he keeps getting shifted around he'll make little or no progress

Ron Jeremy

Coach

How can i forget, one of the best trys of the year. That is his strength, and what about his game against Brisbane at Parra last year? his display from fullback was freakish, i even think he scored a 10 out of 10 from RLW for that game.

Burt is not the player he was last year, hell he cant even catch a bomb this year, lacks penetration from the back, both these facets Hayne does well in.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Id keep Hayne in the centres for now, I liked what i saw between Hayne and Inu on friday night, could turn into a deadly combination for us out wide.

I agree with what you're saying, but the problem i've found is that Hayne hasn't been given quality ball or no ball, so when he only gets the ball a couple of times in a game, he gets frustrated and tries too hard resulting in errors or runing around going no where.

yy_cheng

Coach
I agree with what you're saying, but the problem i've found is that Hayne hasn't been given quality ball or no ball, so when he only gets the ball a couple of times in a game, he gets frustrated and tries too hard resulting in errors or runing around going no where.

And that's the whole problem. We don't know how to use our backs. It's been like that for years but at least Mateo tries to get it out there to INU and Hayne.

If those 2 passes were not called forward and Hayne or Inu scored off both, we would be saying he was great in the Centres.

But alas, it wasn't the case.

If we use him like the Drags use Gasnier (in which he roams sometimes to the other side of the field) then we would make better use of him.

It will take him a while to get use to the centres but couldn't we find a good ex-centre to speeden up the process?

I reckon get the ol' crow to teach him a few of the foundation old school stuff and then some recent retiree to teach him the modern game.

I don't see any point in putting him on the wing as we want to make him grow in a more important role and that's either centre or Fullback.

Latest posts