What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazem El Masri's turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
It's sad to see a club legend fall into the shit heap. I hope its not true, but if it is he deserves all the shit that's coming his way.

POPEYE

Coach
He may just have done what a devoutly religious person of his ilk is entitled to do . . . no big deal

redvscotty

First Grade
Has anyone on facebook tried to blame Sharia Law yet?

(Not a joke - someone will definitely try and make the link)

lafai

Bench
Souff$ will sign him. But nah if true this guy can rot for all I care. Club legend yes but all my respect for him will be gone

Innocent until proven guilty.

Not in the age of social media.

Unfortunately.

If it's published on any sort of news source, it's taken as gospel until proven otherwise.

Even then, people will still believe that it happened and that the acquittal was some sort of cover up.

undertaker

Coach
It's sad to see a club legend fall into the shit heap. I hope its not true, but if it is he deserves all the shit that's coming his way.

I remember attending the first Bulldogs' home game at the Showground in 2001 (vs Newcastle) and sitting directly in front of his (first) wife and Hazem sitting and talking next to her for a short-time about 30mins before kickoff, and my dad and I had a short talk with them. Sitting near the Bulldogs fan section that day (due to ticket allocation stuff-up by ground management), Hazem and her were probably the only people in that part of the ground that day who were nice towards us compared to the constant abuse and threats us and the other Knights supporters in our row were subjected to during the game.
Given El Masri was always portrayed in the media as one of League's good guys during his playing career (I admit he was one of my favourite non-Knights players), this incident will significantly dent that reputation if he is convicted of the charges laid against him.

In all seriousness, what is it with all these domestic violence charges over the past 12 months or so in league? You'd think with all the domestic violence awareness (which, IMO has taken far too long to eventuate in the media as when I first started fundraising for DV victims back in 2006, nothing was mentioned about it in the media) players would be put on guard. Within a very short period of time, El Masri, Wesser, Lodge, Kenny-Dowall (trial still yet to go to court), several players from Souffs.....
The NRL definitely needs to take a tougher stance against anyone associated with the game who either pleads guilty or is found guilty in court for these charges. Players such as Auva'a should've never been allowed back in the NRL.

Last edited:

mave

Coach
Okie dokie.

But this is Australia. ......he is innocent until proven guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts