What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

Meticulous Merv

Juniors
There’s plenty of housing commission homes in Redfern I’m sure your dole money would cover it.

You’d even still have plenty left over for your mental care.

Lots in Caringbah & Sutherland too
But no, the reality is, if I sold my place in Cronulla, Redfern would be a great place to live, just outside the city, but very expensive, but probably not as dangerous, the riots aren’t nearly as bad

snout

First Grade
Its not rocket science.
Seriously.

You just dont respond to anything the dick says.
Not once.

Dont quote him or respond.

At the moment its like watering weeds. Just keeps them alive

sandshark

Bench
So seriously what is the chances of us losing our premiership
If the NRL had anything from that season they would've taken it away from the club months ago when all of this salary cap drama first came about.
We aren't losing 2016 nor are we losing SJ.. (Knocks on wood.)

Generalzod

Immortal
Got to say from all the friends and family that support the Sharks Barry Russell they don’t speak highly of him...

If you have to shed a player doesn’t it have to be the last one signed?

That would me Johnson.
The only reason we would have to shed a player is IF the NRL Decided to make our salary cap lower as punishment.
Now by all accounts we are way below the salary cap already (500k quoted somewhere), so in our instance unless the cap fine is something silly like 600k we won't have to shed any players, we just won't be able to spend as much on our last couple of players to fill the 30 man squad.
This may be where the self reporting helps us, ie: our fine might not be so bad.

YTSharks

Juniors
If you have to shed a player doesn’t it have to be the last one signed?

That would me Johnson.
From what I can work out, if we are over the ‘new’ cap they wouldn’t register new contracts waiting. Eg Sironen at manly for this year had to wait a while to be registered. As it stands. Johnson’s been registered , so I don’t think they can tear it up now.
However, it may be a case of until we are under the cap we play for no points or Johnson is unavailable for selection or something like that

Frenzy.

Immortal
The only reason we would have to shed a player is IF the NRL Decided to make our salary cap lower as punishment.
Now by all accounts we are way below the salary cap already (500k quoted somewhere), so in our instance unless the cap fine is something silly like 600k we won't have to shed any players, we just won't be able to spend as much on our last couple of players to fill the 30 man squad.
This may be where the self reporting helps us, ie: our fine might not be so bad.

Yeah, but, what if we do, does it have to be the last player signed?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I honestly don't know.
I've only seen quotes from two bit journos saying that. I've not seen where the NRL have said it .

Just did some googling. I think it's bullshyte.

2017 - 'Dogs had signed Woods and Foran and were then told to shed players. They dumped other poor chants initially

AJB1102

First Grade
A "last in, first out" policy would be insane and the first I've heard of it.

What if our last signing wasn't a marquee whose salary would put us under cap? 2nd last signing as well? What if no one wanted them, we can't just sack them.

TODD GACK

Juniors
Are we serious give them Johnson bad signing from the start probably the real reason Flanno got punted We dont need two touch footy players (johnson and mythlan) give me a break i hope young flanno goes with his dad to parra he cant play either .....Chads no champion but he got way more ticker than mythlan johnson and young flanno put together they make him look like a champion