What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

healthy knights-2004 premiers?

healthy knights-2004 premiers?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
All you have to do is look at the personel. They have the best team in the comp and they got rid of bagage from last year. Now they will come up against teams nil all. We wont be garenteed allowing teams a 6 to 10 point lead because of one player, via simple one on one missed tackles resulting in trys or breaking plays down.

O'davis - getting on, but still a great fullback who is as safe as anyone under the high ball.

Tahu - Rep player.

Gidley - Rep player.

Richardson - Was a rep player and still young enough to make it again.

Quinn - Improving with age. Still young but shows alot of ability and heart.

Kidley - A star of the future. You wont find a player who puts in more.

Johns - Best player in the world.

Perry - Rep player

Buderus - Rep player

Parsons - Country origan and prop of the year a few years back. Biggest man in the NRL. Great in defence and always makes yards.

Simpson - Rep player.

Kennedy - Rep player.

Abraham - country origan and future rep player

Woolnough - Good enough to be in the run on

Newton - Before he was injured last year, he showed what he is capable of.

Price - Shows plenty of heart and will be better for the run last year

Estatheo - When he's not injured, he always looks the goods.

Back ups- Witt, hall, seage, hughes, ennis, lowrie, tanner, mueller.

Our run on side is all class. We lose abit on the bench, but they should all be better players after there run last year.

northey

First Grade
Quinn - Improving with age. Still young but shows alot of ability and heart.

he is getting better and he is a great bloke for the team.

we will have a strong team this year and even if johns gets som injury to do with his back/neck that keeps him out of the finals we will still win.. we have proved that we can win with out johns.

if johns has to have an injury it would be best if the injury came in SOO time, as we remember that in 2001 johns was out of SOO with injury.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I don't see why they can't do it.... every yr they can do it.
It's the same with every team, depending on injuries just about all the top 10 sides can win it.

IF YOU SMMMEEEELLLLL!!!!!
WHAT THE KNIGHTS ....

ARE....COOKING!!!
There is a feel in the air this year
An excitement
Some ANt....ici....PATION!
74 days to go and Gould breaks his silence!

Alex28

Coach
um...it's kinda a pointless question given that it is inevitable that the Knights will get injuries, just like every other team will.

it will depend on who gets injured and how the squad copes with missing personnel and change in positions. I'm thinking we perhaps dont have the depth in the forwards to be able to win if Kennedy, or even Perry is injured again.

If Johns is injured - we will put up a better fight than in previous years but still cant see us winning the whole deal.

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
100 % agree with all-> i think we can-will-do it if we keep our strike players healthy (joey,bk,danny b,timana,matty p,perry,simpson,abraham etc) we will beat them all. :twisted:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Alex28 said:
um...it's kinda a pointless question given that it is inevitable that the Knights will get injuries, just like every other team will.

it will depend on who gets injured and how the squad copes with missing personnel and change in positions. I'm thinking we perhaps dont have the depth in the forwards to be able to win if Kennedy, or even Perry is injured again.

If Johns is injured - we will put up a better fight than in previous years but still cant see us winning the whole deal.

We are short of front rowers, that's my major concern.

antonius

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
Alex28 said:

We are short of front rowers, that's my major concern.

I agree with Alex here, very difficult to say, I think we are a little better off forward wise this coming season compared to last, we've picked up a couple, plus the guys that were brought up last year will be all the better for the experience. In the end as has been said any number of teams can win it, you just need to have things fall into place for you, (injuries, etc) we certainly have the guys to do it, and we have a bit more depth this season, so yes we are up there with the other contenders, I think we will have a better chance this year than last. Mainly because of the depth we have, and the fact that the guys will be a lot more confident going into games without Johns (during the rep stuff) given the results on the back end of last season.

tigermite

Juniors
All you have to do is look at the personel. They have the best team in the comp and they got rid of bagage from last year. Now they will come up against teams nil all. We wont be garenteed allowing teams a 6 to 10 point lead because of one player, via simple one on one missed tackles resulting in trys or breaking plays down.
What... isn't K. Gidley playing?? I still remember him getting steam rolled numerous times last season. But of course you can't see that, and you also can't resist the chance to take a crack at Rudder, even though he is gone. Pretty sad really.... but then you'd know all about that.

As for best team in the comp.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I know it's at long odds, but if estatheo doesn't get injured, then we might be alright when it comes to depth in the props. Having a quality 8 and 10 and then having 2 solid prps on the bench is very important. That's what we had in 2001. We had Grief and obrian on the bench. In 97, we had wayne richards and steve crow on the bench. I feel alot of knights fans are over looking the fact that we are short of props.

fosie

Juniors
no injuries, and VIOLA!!!!
you've got urself one very happy team and one huge happy group of supporters.

tigermite said:
What... isn't K. Gidley playing?? I still remember him getting steam rolled numerous times last season. But of course you can't see that, and you also can't resist the chance to take a crack at Rudder, even though he is gone. Pretty sad really.... but then you'd know all about that.

As for best team in the comp.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry, Tigger. He's already got his bunny for next season lined up and taking pot shots already. And to think that only a few weeks ago Hughes was "training well."

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Moo cow, if you want to have a go at me, pm me ok. I guess you can't attempt to look like a big man then. But oh well, it's not my problem.

I've already said in another thread, I hope Hughes has a good year. You're looking for something that isn't there :lol:

antonius

Coach
I know it's at long odds, but if estatheo doesn't get injured, then we might be alright when it comes to depth in the props. Having a quality 8 and 10 and then having 2 solid prps on the bench is very important. That's what we had in 2001. We had Grief and obrian on the bench. In 97, we had wayne richards and steve crow on the bench. I feel alot of knights fans are over looking the fact that we are short of props.
I wouldn't be relying too much on Estetheo. He was a promising up and commer two years ago, no real 1st grade experience yet, so he will need to show he has retained that early promise, and given he's played next to no games for a long time that's a big ask.

Terminator

First Grade
Thanks Tony, I'm halfway through my NZ holiday with Jedda at the moment, today is Bungy jump, maori museum, skytower and fishing, we went out to Hobbiton(LOTR), but they wanted $50 each for a 2 hour tour that involved mostly a sheep farm(is that Frodos sheep, haha) then the hobbiton set, so we got some hobbit shot glasses instead.
And its good to be back again, thanks .

IanG

Coach
Yeah I agree with all of you. They indeed have the ability to win the Premiership this year. There is of course the provisor that all the top players stay fully fit.

However a few of the games we played late last year prooved that we can win games without Joey. Other clubs say we can't do it without Joey but on the occasion that Joey's been out of the side how many of our other time line players have been out of the team as well?

Latest posts