What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heartbreaking

the_eel

Juniors
Bring cayless in there and we'll be ok. Disappointing result be we showed enough to suggest that come the finals we'll give it a good shake.

CrazyEel

Bench
Smartman said:
Conceding defeat already, thats unlike a Parramatta supporter :roll:
Oh no, I think we can beat the dogs quite easily, their not in the same class as Manly :lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Pazza said:
i dont think there was much that grothe could do to stop those trys

except actually play his position and not just stand around doing nothing, Robertson was able to stand around have a cup of coffee, check his email and take a dump before Grothe turned up.

Kornstar

Coach
The first try Grothe made the wrong decision, the second one though i believe was Benny's fault, Grothe still had a shot at his man, Ben went for the ball, was caught out and never recovered......we need to start with more enthusiasm, look at how we ran out for both halves......we barely jogged, with the stadium packed, we should have been sprinting out!!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
the_eel said:
Bring cayless in there and we'll be ok. Disappointing result be we showed enough to suggest that come the finals we'll give it a good shake.

not sure when Caylo will be back but it definatly won't be next week.

however, it was obviously Parra missed him big time today

Smartman

Juniors
CrazyEel said:
Oh no, I think we can beat the dogs quite easily, their not in the same class as Manly :lol:

Yes you guys should win comfortably considering the dogs are without the likes of Mason, Omeley, Utai and possibly Ryan and Patten.

But Rugby league is a funny game.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Parra will be missing Cayless, Burt, Cordoba and Marsh looked like he might have picked up some sort of injury not sure how bad but he did go missing a few times after he got hit by Hall (i think it was)

Daneel

Bench
That was our first chance leading into the finals to show our premiership credentials, unfortunately we failed. Our defence wasn't very good, but i seen some positive signs in attack. We will have one or two more chances to prove we can beat the top teams (mainly against Melbourne) but at this stage i would have to think we are off the pace, not by to much though.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah that was bad from Grothe, but he made amends for it which was good scoring that great try.

Look Parramatta's problem is going into the second half thinking theyve got the game wrapped up. Why cant they get that spark in the early part of the second half. I seem to recall they had good second half starts against Wests Tigers, Roosters.

Look we did alright to match the top sides, I reckon if we lost to Melbourne by 6 points it will do them confidence, knowing we can match it with the top sides.

If Cayless played well, we probably wouldve come close, but who knows. Its that second half start that kills em. Last week Cayless didnt start the second half and Brisbane scored a try and got the momentum.

CrazyEel

Bench
So, what is causing us to drop away so poorly in the 2nd half, apart from the odd game we've been doing it pretty much all year. What do you guys think is the problem?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
boxboy said:
What is killing us is our goal line defence. We dont get of the line out wide and not just this game, when ever a team spins the ball close to our line i think try time.

Exactly spot on. Our sliding across and backwards defence on our goal line doesn't work.

pazzaeel

Juniors
So, what is causing us to drop away so poorly in the 2nd half, apart from the odd game we've been doing it pertty much all year. What do you guys think is the problem?

the refereeing standard isnt helping

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Archer is a tosser, yeah we didn't play to well in that 2nd half, but how can you when archer is obviously helping out one team. kite try was the worst decision ive sene in rugby league, kite gets up to have a second go. um archer u twit, thats a doubble movement.

If we get manly in the semis im 100% sure we will beat them, if we had cayless it would of made a heap of difference, his leadership is so important to this side

jayman

Juniors
2 things...

1. 2nd half was woeful... there no energy.. sluggish.. and even with finch and riddell urging them on.. players were walking to there spots... we didnt get up which is a worry in such a big game

2. That right hand defence of finch, smith, and grothe was disgraceful.. they were running in tries all day down there..

Hages better send a rocket up them or its going to be a painful finish this season..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
jayman said:
2 things...

1. 2nd half was woeful... there no energy.. sluggish.. and even with finch and riddell urging them on.. players were walking to there spots... we didnt get up which is a worry in such a big game

See the thing I noticed there for the last few games, we've used the same 13 for the last 10 minutes of first half, and the first 20 minutes of the second half.

I think we'd rather use fresh forwards who came off just before half time, cause the forwards seemed flat early in the second half.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Write parra off if you want, this team showed today that they have what it takes, a few poor things, but those things can be worked on and fixed quickly. Unfortunatley refs can't be fixed and that doesn't look like changing as well

Bazal

Post Whore
I think we can take a lot out of that game and I don't understand the comments that we were poor in the second half. I think we played as well as we were allowed and certainly still looked capable of winning. We forget that Manly's defence at the back end is second to none, yet we still made them work very hard for the win. Add to that the fact that the game swung on two or three terrible officiating decisions, and I think we can be happy with the way we played. The outcome wasn't what we hoped, but take out those bad calls and we look a lot better. We showed that we are up for a fight and that we can certainly play the kind of footy it takes to beat the top sides...

CrazyEel

Bench
hindmarsh4pm said:
Write parra off if you want, this team showed today that they have what it takes, a few poor things, but those things can be worked on and fixed quickly. Unfortunatley refs can't be fixed and that doesn't look like changing as well
Don't think anyone's writing them off mate, am just wondering what the deal is with these sloppy 2nd half performances, why we don't come out fired up to go on with it.

Utey

Coach
The team showed poor character in how they began both halves. I never had confidence and the halftime lead should've been much more, seeing as we had all the possession.

VERY DISAPPOINTING!

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
CrazyEel said:
Don't think anyone's writing them off mate, am just wondering what the deal is with these sloppy 2nd half performances, why we don't come out fired up to go on with it.
it is a worry, but i guess the players need to talk to eachother about it, maybe they need to have V or red bull at half time

Latest posts