What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heartbreaking

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Bazal said:
I think we can take a low out of that game and I don't understand the comments that we were poor in the second half. I think we played as well as we were allowed and certainly still looked capable of winning. We forget that Manly's defence at the back end is second to none, yet we still made them work very hard for the win. Add to that the fact that the game swung on two or three terrible officiating decisions, and I think we can be happy with the way we played. The outcome wasn't what we hoped, but take out those bad calls and we look a lot better. We showed that we are up for a fight and that we can certainly play the kind of footy it takes to beat the top sides...
you're on fire :)

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Utey said:
The team showed poor character in how they began both halves. I never had confidence and the halftime lead should've been much more, seeing as we had all the possession.

VERY DISAPPOINTING!
the 80 minutes game will come soon my friend, trust me it will come and come at the right time

Utey

Coach
I'm waiting, how many time can Parra fans remember where theres a big game leading up to the finals and we really needed to win it to make it known we aren't pretenders, but fallen short.

I can't remember many...

dazeely

First Grade
boxboy said:
What is killing us is our goal line defence. We dont get of the line out wide and not just this game, when ever a team spins the ball close to our line i think try time.

very noticeable isn't it. The thing is we used to defend so well out wide. But now we stand back slide a little and wait for them to come. By then its too late as we are on our own line, on the back foot and put no pressure on the attacking team. If we go up we at least put pressure on them with the ball and they have less time to react.

Move the f**k up boys.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Utey said:
I'm waiting, how many time can Parra fans remember where theres a big game leading up to the finals and we really needed to win it to make it known we aren't pretenders, but fallen short.

I can't remember many...
The last time was in 2001, even in 2005 we dropped that tight game aginst the Dragons. Last season even though injuries had struck we lost our last 2 against Brisbane and the Cowboys.

Utey

Coach
Up and in your face defense backfires unless you've got blokes who can work hard for one another, like Souths. We adapted it in 05' and it backfired in the finals in a big way. The defense we are using atm, is smart, but as soon as we come up against a team with a halfback capable of throwing a flat face ball we get caught out the numbers on the fringes.

Utey

Coach
hineyrulz said:
even in 2005 we dropped that tight game aginst the Dragons. .

Yeah, at Oki. It was a tough game and one we really should've won. Yet we dropped it in similar circumstances where we succumbed to pressure and fell away late in the half.

eels1986

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Grothe can do some brillant stuff on the field like his try today but damn can that boy screw up big time as well

both Manlys opening tries were Guru's fault

Maybe the first try (big maybe as the kick from Orford was spot on. But 2nd try how do you blame Grothe when he was marking his man and Roberston passed inside to a flying Stewart. I think you need to blame someone else.

dazeely

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Parra will be missing Cayless, Burt, Cordoba and Marsh looked like he might have picked up some sort of injury not sure how bad but he did go missing a few times after he got hit by Hall (i think it was)

Hayne also

Brian Jackson

Juniors
Although the effort was quite good today we have a history of coming out after the break with a real lack of intensity. Maybe it's our attitude. Games against the Bulldogs, Broncos and today are clear examples of this. If we are to be a contender we need to address this as we have paid the price too many times...

Thoughts??

Clarkieel

Juniors
we also shoudl have wags back next week (fingers crossed) and to be hoenst I am not that worrried I think we xcan def go all the way this year!!

Latest posts