What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hecks off to UK

Barks

Juniors
Manly have Kite, King, Lulu, Bryant...then Rose, Cleal, Morewood and a new fella from the Storm if required.

I can think of other areas when Manly are low on depth.

Hecks was good for Manly in 2004, but didn't show the same form this year and was long hampered by injury. He has an opportunity overseas and wants to make the BG side, so it works out for both parties.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
I think this is a significant blow for Manly, who appeared to be building well for Season 2006. The question now appears to be Will they have the depth up front to be sucessful? The signings of Orford and Bell were great and they have one of/if not the best back rows in the competition.

Zaphod

Juniors
I cant believe King didnt get let go.

I believe Hecks asked for the release and there was no pressure from the club. The club simply gave the nod.

It worries me that Marshmellow man (king) has to fill the void.

Perhaps there is something else in the works, but my 2 contacts in side are being very very tight lipped, though I have heard Cleal and Cuthbertson are both being trained very hard on body shape, fitness and discipline so perhaps the club have decided its their time?

Mzilikazi

Juniors
Tim Brasher said:
I think this is a significant blow for Manly, who appeared to be building well for Season 2006. The question now appears to be Will they have the depth up front to be sucessful? The signings of Orford and Bell were great and they have one of/if not the best back rows in the competition.
spot on.

Ryan

Juniors
01. Brett Stewart
02. Ashley Alberts
03. Steven Bell
04. Steve Matai
05. Chris Hicks
06. Michael Witt
07. Matt Orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Kylie Leuleuai
16. Luke Williamson
17. Kane Cleal

I don't have any problems with that.

Barks

Juniors
Hecks was a solid prop and had a great year in 2004, and yes, i would have liked to have kept him. But the loss of Hecks isn't all doom and gloom - it's not like he was a Lazarus, Webcke, Bailey, Mark carroll etc....he is not the difference to making the finals and not making the finals.

Seth Gecko

Juniors
He was a solid grafter.......and one of the reasons Manly started 2005 so well. Losing Leuilui would be way worse. We'll be ok for props.

Bowhunter

Juniors
Sorry to see him go. Questions were raised over passion and commitment at times last season. No question marks over this guy, though.

Barks

Juniors
Zaphod said:
I cant believe King didnt get let go.

I believe Hecks asked for the release and there was no pressure from the club. The club simply gave the nod.

It worries me that Marshmellow man (king) has to fill the void.

Perhaps there is something else in the works, but my 2 contacts in side are being very very tight lipped, though I have heard Cleal and Cuthbertson are both being trained very hard on body shape, fitness and discipline so perhaps the club have decided its their time?

Maybe....Cleal would need to lift and correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Cuthbertson be better served starting off in the backrow?

King needs to lift, but he's been there before. It wasn't that long ago he was a prop with potential. Even if he's injured again for 2006 and has a poor year, it won't do his future any good.