What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hegarty Released

My first impression is that Souths are either making cap room to upgrade Isaac, or making an offer to Steve Turner. Which is it, insiders?

I would be putting my money on the upgrade Isaac school of thought. There are also murmurs that we are waiting to see how the Bronx Goodwin situation develops down in Canberra.

My first impression is that Souths are either making cap room to upgrade Isaac, or making an offer to Steve Turner. Which is it, insiders?

I honestly never thought of it that way.I just thought there are issues obviously with Heggs,and management came up with a deal suitable to all parties.But now that you said that............................

BPS

Juniors
I know for a fact that our CEO and signing supremo Richardson has been chasing Steve Turner for years!

He rates him highly just like he rated Jaiman Lowe, Germaine Paulson, Joe Galavao, Shannon Hegarty and Fillman Tibbet!!

Dave Q

Coach
Q,

In times like these, please know that your true friends and true Rugby League supporters are thinking of you and hoping that you are ok.
Because even though we all support different teams and our ideas and opinions often differ, in the end we are all slaves to the one God. Rugby League.

Bubbles

Thats a nice post bubsy.

Its heg's first day not being a rabbitoh for many years. The corpse isnt yet cold.

Im sure the lads dont mind sparing me and AM a few indulgent tears atm.

His runs from dummy half on tackle 2 or 3 were always full of excitement and panache. Only very rarely did he miss going over the advantage line.

And I have to reiterate, when the world hated us, Shannon was one of the first blue-chip marquees to say "fug the world, I wanna be a rabbitoh"
and he knew full well that he would be playing with struggling sides.

I only hope that him and club can make a genuine attempt to resolve their differences, and that he be reinstated asap.

As for his inferior replacement, I doubt the club is especially interested in giving out too much detail about who we are after as that may serve to increase the price of the players services.

It may well be that we do not even secure a replacement for quite some time.

Friends of mine know that I am very keen on Mannering, one of the best footballers in the world atm.

I give Turner heaps, but we all know this lad from Penrith can play footy. But hes no hegs.

At least Hegs knows that I asked Roy to get out of the way for him.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Hegs will take this really hard when we get into the finals without him.

His dream was to do well and win a gf with Souths.

He cant be happy.

The Cows have done OK out of it.

He will an inspiration for them.

Their best signing easily.

"excuse me Roy, can you move a bit so I can get a shot of hegs"

There were plenty of guys lining up to shake Hegs hand on fan day. It was one of the longest queue's.

Some magic has gone. 'ken tragic.

Last edited:

Satsok

Juniors
i will put $20 on the fact that hegs will go absolutely crazy for the cowboys and make us look like we did something to him..

would not suprise me in the slightest if he carves it up in NQ

i will put $20 on the fact that hegs will go absolutely crazy for the cowboys and make us look like we did something to him..

would not suprise me in the slightest if he carves it up in NQ

Yeah, will be interesting.....wouldnt be hard to be the best player up there but would it?

Shannon Hegarty signs for Cowboys

0,,6454267,00.jpg
Signed for the Cowboys...Shannon Hegarty. / The Daily Telegraph

A day after being released by South Sydney, former Queensland Origin utility Shannon Hegarty has been snapped up by the North Queensland Cowboys on a one year deal. Mackay-bred Hegarty, 29, is a veteran of 168 NRL games but he only played 59 times for the Rabbitohs after moving from the Sydney Roosters in 2004.
He had been contracted to South Sydney until the end of the upcoming season however both parties reached an agreement for a release on Thursday.
The Cowboys said Hegarty - a veteran of three Origins and another three Tests - was keen to go "back to his roots" after playing his junior football in north Queensland.
"A player of Shannon's experience and ability will be a valuable asset to the club," Cowboys CEO Peter Parr said.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24952675-5006066,00.html