What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heighington wants to wear blue

macnaz

Staff member
Who or what are the USA patriots?

Which second rower was he better than?

He's certainly no better than Ellis, Burgess, Westwood, O'Loughlin and Tomkins got no time. Add in Peacock, Morley, Sinfield et al and he's no where near the side, especially considering the blokes they left at home.

While he may get a run in the outside backs or at 6, he's not fit to lace the boots of the English second row.
DID YOU WATCH THE GAME ?? Apart from Ellis NO f**kING PLAYER IN THAT SIDE MADE ANY IMPACT WHAT SO EVER.. so if you think he couldnt have offered more than what was on show tonight from England u are f**ked in the head Westie.

macnaz

Staff member
Who or what are the USA patriots?

Which second rower was he better than?

He's certainly no better than Ellis, Burgess, Westwood, O'Loughlin and Tomkins got no time. Add in Peacock, Morley, Sinfield et al and he's no where near the side, especially considering the blokes they left at home.

While he may get a run in the outside backs or at 6, he's not fit to lace the boots of the English second row.
Oh and the Patriots.. The USA patriots, The American Rugby League Team , i would have thought you'd have known that :? They played in many 7's tournaments here.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
I thought Westwood went OK....looks to have potential...looks to be a bit unfit too, some hard work in the hot aussie summer may fix him up.

simmo1

First Grade
Was impressed by Westwood, thats about it. I shudder to think what Australia's backlline would do to theirs if it was at full strength.

Also, I thought the USA were called the Tomohawks?

westie

Bench
DID YOU WATCH THE GAME ?? Apart from Ellis NO f**kING PLAYER IN THAT SIDE MADE ANY IMPACT WHAT SO EVER.. so if you think he couldnt have offered more than what was on show tonight from England u are f**ked in the head Westie.

Which second rowers would he have out performed, or is he better than?

Westwood just signed his last contract, he'll never come out here. Would easily be in the top echelon in NRL - Ellis has a little bit more class, but Westwood works harder. Bit like Hindy, but with more bulk. Note him chasing down Fien to save a try.

Remember, you're judging a forward pack which held it's own with the pack that will destroy ours, despite injuries to their 3 first choice captains. Despite the fact the backs not once offered any sort of go forward or helped out - while Sau and the rest were doing just as much work as the forwards. Despite completing something like 30% of sets. Despite the fact that their halves are either running 5/8ths or completely useless. Despite MacNamara's stunning bench tactics which seemed to revolve around not resting anyone who actually needed it.

And while we're judging first class footballers off one match the young French half Gigot has confirmed his ability tonight. Would love to see him in our 7.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
France has a history having top quality halves but just lacking players around them.

Not since the 60's have they had a decent fullback, centres or front row.

westie

Bench
France has a history having top quality halves but just lacking players around them.

Not since the 60's have they had a decent fullback, centres or front row.

Woah woah. Let's not be too rough on the pack they had circa 07, 08. There were some big, mean mofos in that side. Got Le Cats to Wembly and 3rd in the league despite a fairly inferior side. Ill-disciplined - yes (See Fakir cost France the Euro cup and next years 4N last night?). Unfortunately only a few of those guys are still playing any more... but they certainly belted a few more highly fancied players during their time and mostly in their first year of full time professionalism.

As for the backs... hard not to agree there. The most talented of them are poached to the dark side, and they certainly don't receive the education our blokes do.

A halves combo of Gigot and Bosc will be incredible in a few years. It's certainly already better than the sh*t England have been forced to dish out this year.

Bench
I thought Westwood went OK....looks to have potential...looks to be a bit unfit too, some hard work in the hot aussie summer may fix him up.
Caught my eye too,Heighno would have been better than most pommy forwards on the weekend,but that is a non event now.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Woah woah. Let's not be too rough on the pack they had circa 07, 08. There were some big, mean mofos in that side. Got Le Cats to Wembly and 3rd in the league despite a fairly inferior side. Ill-disciplined - yes (See Fakir cost France the Euro cup and next years 4N last night?). Unfortunately only a few of those guys are still playing any more... but they certainly belted a few more highly fancied players during their time and mostly in their first year of full time professionalism.

As for the backs... hard not to agree there. The most talented of them are poached to the dark side, and they certainly don't receive the education our blokes do.

A halves combo of Gigot and Bosc will be incredible in a few years. It's certainly already better than the sh*t England have been forced to dish out this year.
No doubt they have some big buggers in the pack, but they aren't very highly skilled.

The French Packs of the 50's and 60's were amongst the most dominant in rugby league history.

I agree on Bosc and Gigot, those guys if fit and given a good squad, could lead a revival to France's International Team that has been floundering since the mid to late 70's.

I'm a big fan of Bosc especially.

westie

Bench
That era of French team was by far the best team in the world, as a result of a first class set up. It's about time we started bringing young blokes out nice and early and getting them in our system. I'd go as far as to say that if Gigot had had the opportunity at our club that Lui did, we'd have gone through the finals undefeated again.