What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Forum

Mr_Smith

Juniors
Is there anybody out there that can answer the following question?

Q) what do the following have in common
Col Murphy
Doug Keen
Brian Wakefield
Tony Reid
Trevor Schoedel
Jim Beam Cup
Jenny Grosvenor
and I am sure there are many more, please feel free to add to this list

ANSWERS REQUIRED

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Mr_Smith said:
Is there anybody out there that can answer the following question?

Q) what do the following have in common
Col Murphy
Doug Keen
Brian Wakefield
Tony Reid
Trevor Schoedel
Jim Beam Cup
Jenny Grosvenor
and I am sure there are many more, please feel free to add to this list

ANSWERS REQUIRED
Hello Forum indeed,, well tcj had a short stint on the sideline thanks to those bloody Rabbitohs taking offense to my post,, funny that similar to many Newtown people..

anyway Mr Smith, add
Steve O'Brien and Rosemary too that list and if BTJ doesn't smarten up on the footy field he's name might be next

but most importantly what has happened to Jenny at the footy club????? please inform because if I'm not mistaken all those people listed have been shafted in one way or another,, look especially at the latest Doug Keen, he was general manager of the club and had both Jim Beam Cup and Premier League make it through to the big one.

Ball_Licker

Juniors
What is this, I have heard of COl Murphy who the boys on the hill reckon was shafted by the board but who are the others????

Forgive me I am new to the club.

2 True Blues

Coach
Col MURPHY used to play for the Jets in First Grade ( back when they were still in the comp ) prior to coaching them for over a decade. He is a legend. You do realise that don't you ??

Ball_Licker

Juniors
2 True Blues,

As a Queenslander who has only just moved to Sydney, I am not 100% aware of the whos who of Netown, I have adapted the Jets by way of a few guys on the Hill who I have met and they invited me to come on down, and I love going to Henson. I did see the GF last year and it was terrific despite the result.

I do not appreciate your lack of understanding for NEW Jets fans or is it a private club or maybe I find another club too follow and spend my money on each weekend rather than Newtown.

if i was new to a club i'd be doing a bit of research on that new fandangled "interweb" thing there is lots of information out there just ready to be looked up

Mr_Smith

Juniors
getting back to the issue - i have heard the club will be without its operations manager for the remainder of the year! what the heck is happening at the club? who is responsible for this. I have heard nothing but good things about that person. Apparently it is not by choice but was pushed!!

Ball_Licker

Juniors
Are you serious Jet fan, what a stupid post that is look it it up, is than a mandatory thing to support the Jets if so perhaps me, my money and hopefully my bosses money by way of sponsorhsip are not worthy of coming to Henson and I can find other thinsg to do on weekends. I am actually trying to get my boss top through in several k for the club, what are you doing to help the club, put s**t on new supporters, I did not realise that the Jets was a closed shop.

Ball_Licker

Juniors
If they only have 1 staff member doing the administration for the club it must be the same person who got all the sponsorship information for me to give to my boss. So why would she leave or be pushed she came across as friendly, helpful and organised given the details she gave me to get sponsorship. And she does the juniors as well, a busy week for her.

Staff leaving mid season is not a good look, you always wonder when players leave mid year about morale so how bad must it be if staff leave. Is it an ego issue?

Ball_Licker

Juniors
Perhaps if it is a board issue then maybe they need to change the rules and limit terms on the board as they do in a number of other sports.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
sh*t-a-brick....... what have i been missing out on? theres a trouble in the camp out newtown way by the looks of things, and for once tcj had nothing too do with it.
I wonder if my learned friend, that peanut brained media liason officer intends to report on this issue with the lack of accuracy he does on game day??

I love rugby league, and I love the forum sticking up for the mighty bluebags staff that kept us somewhat associated in the league

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
further to the distinguished list posted above, can we also add to that
The Auckland Warriors
The South Sydney Bunnies
The Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

and maybe by years end the Sydney Roosters

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
the question must be asked, which of the directors used to be an athlete of some note, as a pole vaulter seeming they shaft with a huge pole????

and that would be one they obtain rather than given at birth

Mr_Smith

Juniors
also add

The manager from parkes
Sammy
Traddy

All former gloriuos employees of the Bluebags but now...... - SHAFTED