What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Sailor?

Dazzat

First Grade
What is the expected arrival of the (Wendall) Sailor from his enforced journey away from football?
Is he expected to play with the Saints lower grades and what position would he be expected to play?

This could be the biggest story of the year - it could also be the biggest flop as well.

crazeh

Juniors
he will probably debut in first grade the first week after his suspension. Impact player off the bench?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dazzat said:
What is the expected arrival of the (Wendall) Sailor from his enforced journey away from football?
May, I think.
Dazzat said:
Is he expected to play with the Saints lower grades
A little unlikely given Sailor is over 20-years-old and we don't have any other lower grades
Dazzat said:
and what position would he be expected to play?
Looks like a second rower nowadays. Maybe lock. They might try him in the centres.

Although it'd be great to have big Dell coming off the bench, who gets dropped..? I'm guessing it'd be Saffy or Reynoldson.. Surely Young, Creagh (when fit), Scott and Stanley have earnt their starting/bench places.

(also, do you deny Setu his rightful crack at first grade to give Dell a run??)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
My understanding was that he'd been seen as good utility boost around Origin, assuming someone like Creagh gets the call up. Also, its the time of year when injuries start to get noticed more.

But you're right, at it stands it looks like we already have a few backrowers lining up. At the very least Sailor would add a bit of depth.

petetheileet

First Grade
yeah Creagh would get a call up you would think and even if he doesn't Scott could move to the centers to fill in for Coops or Gaz and Sailor would have a spot in the second row

petetheileet

First Grade
However Langi Setu Has been playin pretty well this year without a run in 1st..

its great to see how much depth we have these days!

A more important question might be what are our chances of actually signing Sailor...has he trimmed down enough yet, what are the reports??

petetheileet

First Grade
My old man rekons he saw Sailor on the tele...

training hard, apparently he wants to start in the lower grades and he actually wants to start out playing on the wing!

yeah i saw that news article too. He said he'd be happy to play park footy for a couple of weeks before stepping up to first grade, and he'd be most comfortable/familiar on the wing to start... which is much more distruptive to the team than Dell coming off the bench. You'd hardly drop Florence from the team on current form, even for Sailor...

nath007

Juniors
First off i'm a first time poster. ( always good to get the first one over with)

I saw the Dell interview aswell and have to say Dell is looking good physicaly.

Still have my doubts that he will be in the side after a couple of games of park footy.

2 years out of footy is a long time.

petetheileet

First Grade
welcome nath...

I do agree that he has been out for a long time and may need some time getting back to top form however...

By the look of it he is training bloody hard and is in great physical condition, also he is a dual international with a heap of experience so i suspect that with a little bit of contact training under his belt he should be ready to play in no time

redVpride

Juniors
welcome nath007 even thou im only new myself dells got a lot of competition in that backline i think in the speed department? maybe a bad choice of words and petetheileet i hope he gives karl a physical workout when they fight in a couple of weeks

Rosso V

Juniors
Welcome Nath007 i too am a new to this forum as of yesterday ( how long do you have to been on to be considerd a veteran?) . I think that dell has a lot to prove to his critics and i think he is going to give it his all, which may not be a bad thing. If anything it will keep the other players nervous about loosing their position in the team if they slacken off.

redVpride

Juniors
i agree i think dell would be great coming in of the bench certainly cant do any harm if the fire is still burning hes definately keen 2 have a go by the look of him but christ knows if browny will use him right 5/8 maybe browny lol hes tried everyone else nearly:crazy:

big pat

Coach
welcome aboard guys, good to see a few more dragon supporters firing up, i don't know about veterans rosso, their is a few old bastards on here me included, as for wendell only time will tell, but i'm sure when he gets a chance it will be the talk of the league.

Serb Dragon

Juniors
i think wendell is gonna be explosive...only time will tell and im certianly looking forward to it, especially if he plays under bennet.

Nugby

Juniors
Florence would have more impact on the wing or coming off the bench than Wendy would! He's never going to lose his spot to that old hack (Josh though?).

watatank

Coach
_Johnsy said:
I have heard rumours that one of the moz's will be leaving

I hope its Josh. It would be a shame to see Brett go, I want to see him return to the form in 2006!

brendothejet

First Grade
Firstly let me say I think Lagi Setu is rubbish and have never seen anything but dropped balls and lazy defence from him. I know he is young and needs time, but time is running out at the dragons.

I've liked the idea of the Dell since day dot. okay so signing him and bennet around 10 years too late is typical st george style i think they can both add something.

Dell will put bums on seats if nothing else.

Latest posts