What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

Ball_Licker

Juniors
As a new supporter of the Newtown Jets since moving to Sydney from Sunny QLD I am getting into the Henson Park culture and day I love the ground announcer and the quirky characters at the ground but have a few issues.

1) The merchandise is quite expensive and the new Hoodie is actually cheaper to buy from Souths rather than Newtown as per the last Big League magazine. Why would that be and with Members getting a 10% discount still leaves us 10bucks out from what you can buy from Souths.
2) I called the 1300 number to see about the discrepancy and the possibility of a refund for being overcharged and was very politely directed to call the Jets Sports clothing. Does Newtown not merchandise their own gear or is it outsourced and to day I have had no reply to my message.
3) Who are the officials at the club and how do I get my money back and the website does not indicate any officials, are they the faceless men of the club or is Newtown a private club run for the benefit of the few.

While I enjoy the atmosphere of the game I do not enjoy being taken advantage of in this manner. I want to support the club more and am pushing my company to join in as a sponsor but need to get a few issues cleared up. Does anyone have the contact details for any officials to resolve this issue.

2 True Blues

Coach
You want ten bucks back because
Souths can afford cheaper merchandise by buying in larger bulk, thus passing saving's on to their fans.
You are surely just having a dig right ??

Ball_Licker

Juniors
Forgive me for getting upset about being overcharged, it is the principle.

Now to show how silly your post sounds.

Firstly why would Souths buy up large volumes of NEWTOWN gear to sell to SOUTHS fans and save money. especially as they buy them from NEWTOWN or JETS SPORTS CLOTHING. So why would Newtown not sell its own gear, which while nice, is overpriced and out of the price range of many of its family supporters.
How many Souths fans would buy Newtown gear to justify the large numbers of sales.

The 10 bucks is if you have a discount card otherwise they are making 20 dollars more than Souths sell them for.

You are deluded if you think what you wrote is true. Are you typical of Newtown supporters.

fair dinkum mate.... great that you are now a jets fan but there 10 people just died cos of the rain on the central coast and your crying over 10 bucks.

souths DO buy a lot of jets gear and sell it on via their website districfootball.com.au so while people buy stuff from their they are supporting the bunnies and not the jets.

if it was me i would'nt be crying over 10 bucks in fact i;d think of it as a donation to the jets.

again welcome aboard to the henson park family

Ball_Licker

Juniors
100 - 80 is 20 not 10, it is only 10 if you have a 10% discount card but in fact it is the principle of overcharging, your defence of this overcharging is amazing, have you bougjht the hoodie then and do you mind paying more at Newtown than at Souths. So you are happy that Newtown give better deals to Soutjs customers than Newtown fans. So you are an idiot then.
In fact I have now been told this morning that the Jets do not even own the Jets sports clothing company but is owned by others and Newtown only get a share of the sales. Not sure what that percentage is but it could be making more money if it controlled it itself. Someone is makinh money out of Jets gear but it is not the club.

Ball_Licker

Juniors
As far as 10 people dying during the floods got to do with my issue over being overcharged you tool. In fact using your points why do you people bother ruing lost players, opportunities etc it is only a game. Millions are dying of starvation and I think you are one of them as your brain is definately staved of oxygen.

Ball_Licker said:
As a new supporter of the Newtown Jets since moving to Sydney from Sunny QLD I am getting into the Henson Park culture and day I love the ground announcer and the quirky characters at the ground but have a few issues.

1) The merchandise is quite expensive and the new Hoodie is actually cheaper to buy from Souths rather than Newtown as per the last Big League magazine. Why would that be and with Members getting a 10% discount still leaves us 10bucks out from what you can buy from Souths.
2) I called the 1300 number to see about the discrepancy and the possibility of a refund for being overcharged and was very politely directed to call the Jets Sports clothing. Does Newtown not merchandise their own gear or is it outsourced and to day I have had no reply to my message.
3) Who are the officials at the club and how do I get my money back and the website does not indicate any officials, are they the faceless men of the club or is Newtown a private club run for the benefit of the few.

While I enjoy the atmosphere of the game I do not enjoy being taken advantage of in this manner. I want to support the club more and am pushing my company to join in as a sponsor but need to get a few issues cleared up. Does anyone have the contact details for any officials to resolve this issue.

BL

From I understand of the situation, it boils down to an 'economy of scale' with the Jets gear. That is as there is only so much the club, or it's authorised selling agent - The Jets Clothing Co - can sell at Henson Park on game days, the price is going to be a wee bit higher that what one can get through other avenues. Myself, I don't mind paying that little extra for my Jets gear at Henson knowing that the money is going towards the Jets, however I do empathise with you and maybe as a good will gesture the Jets could offer you a $10 or $20 discount voucher next time you come to Henson Park to cheer the boys on.

As another poster pointed out, Souths are able to buy more gear at a cheaper price, so those savings are passed on to their customers. Reckon Souths should mind their own business and leave us alone to run own club and stop crying to make a buck out of the Jets name, especially when they didn't want to have a bar of us in 2001.....

Anyway BL, hope that you are able to contine to support the Jets at Henson.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
You want ten bucks back because
Souths can afford cheaper merchandise by buying in larger bulk, thus passing saving's on to their fans.
You are surely just having a dig right ??
why is it that as soon as someone new comes on board, regulars insist on giving them a hard time?
I find BL's point to be a very valid one, why infact does south's have the oppertunity to offer our clubs merchandise to there fans at a discounted price?
another point would be that they are obviously buying at an even greater discounted rate than that of our club!!
if in fact the Newtown clothing company pays a commision to the football club why wouldnt the football club wave a portion of there profit to enhance the sales to jets fans to bring there pricing in line with our opposition?

welcom Ball_licker ( i take it that is a golfing term ) and dont let these wankers get to you, I never have, they are just little people in a big world

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Ball_Licker said:
In fact I have now been told this morning that the Jets do not even own the Jets sports clothing company but is owned by others and Newtown only get a share of the sales. Not sure what that percentage is but it could be making more money if it controlled it itself.

Publicly viewable information if you know where to look -

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/(lurw5lvj4irnkp45tacbkz55)/abnDetails.aspx?History=True&abn=25913082212&ResultListURL=..%252fsearch.aspx%253fSearchRequest%253dnewtown%25252bjets%25252bclothing%25252bcompany%25255e%25252c1%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c1%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252c0%25252cTypical%25252cTypical%25252c0%2526start%253d0

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/(lurw5lvj4irnkp45tacbkz55)/main.aspx

Thats assuming it still has the same owners?

Mr_Smith

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:
Thanks for pointing out that very useful information, as previously stated Steve O'brien was shafted from the clothing company.
seems there are many unturned stones gathering moss, lets just wait and see what / who will stop the dictatorship? it needs to be done sooner rather than never, because if these people are left in there role as directors there will be no more Newton RLFC

2 True Blues

Coach
THECURSEDJET said:
why is it that as soon as someone new comes on board, regulars insist on giving them a hard time?
welcom Ball_licker ( i take it that is a golfing term ) and dont let these wankers get to you, I never have, they are just little people in a big world

I was not nor do I give NEW people to this forum a hard time. In fact as I have previously stated in another thread, I am in agreeance with a lot of what has been said. In fact I have been stating similar things for quite sometime now in other threads over a period of years about the lack of communication and apparent self centred behaviour of a back patting few.

However having said that I find you quite offensive TCJ, and it is my opinion that you are a total wanker, within a world filled with bigger people than yourself. ;-) Here's a tip mate. When you come onto a forum try being a little tactful and less abusive, then you won't have to be scratching your little head wondering why people are "apparently" giving you such a hard time, "apparently" without any reason at all.

It's like when you blame the wingers from Souths for giving you a holiday from the forums, ( like you have posted several times in different threads ). It was all THEIR fault right ?? You did nothing to deserve being suspended from the footy forums did you. ??

](*,) [-( :-k

You obviously really learnt a lesson from that experience, not !!

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
PS.................. f**k you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 true blues, go and f**k yourself

P.S to coin a phrase from the great Tommy "I relly mean that you know"

P.S.S have you found 30 cents yet to communicate with your family?

2 True Blues

Coach
THECURSEDJET said:
2 true blues, go and f**k yourself

P.S to coin a phrase from the great Tommy "I relly mean that you know"

P.S.S have you found 30 cents yet to communicate with your family?

:BDH: :blahb: :blahb: \\\\:D/ :whistle

league1908

Juniors
Exert from
Newtown RLFC
Mid-season report on Club initiatives from the President, Barry Vining.

http://www.newtownjets.com/2007-news/Report_from_President_15June.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Newtown RLFC has entered into a partnership with the Local Derby clothing store at 185 King Street, Newtown with the intention of showcasing Newtown Jets clothing and merchandise 7 days a week on the major shopping and retail street that is in the very nerve centre of our traditional support base. The staff of Local Derby have also been successful in placing Newtown clothing in a wide range of outlets outside of inner-western Sydney, including with the Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs merchandise outlets, retail outlets in other parts of the Sydney metropolitan area, the regional areas of NSW and also into Queensland. The Local Derby team will also continue to service the popular inner-western annual community festivals such as Newtown, Marrickville and Earlwood. Please note that Newtown’s financial interest in this retail joint venture is being carefully overseen by Mr. Karl Cope, a Director of the Newtown RLFC, a Certified Practising Accountant, a holder of the prestigious Master of Business Administration degree qualification and a man with considerable retail experience in his own right. This joint venture allows Newtown Jets clothing and merchandise to be showcased and sold to a far wider market than was possible in the more limited range of retailing activities run by the Newtown RLFC itself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also Steve O'Brien retains a close working relationship with the Newtown Jets and has considerable input into the creative development of the clubs merchandise. He can be contacted at Newtown RSL Level 2 (Poker Dome).

Hope this clarifies things for all you consipiracy theorists.

I reckon this forums members have at least doubled this week! Alot of information has been pouring out this week, surely the catalyst couldn't have been this weeks events on the forum :shock:

Mr_Smith

Juniors
league1908 said:
Exert from
Newtown RLFC
Mid-season report on Club initiatives from the President, Barry Vining.

http://www.newtownjets.com/2007-news/Report_from_President_15June.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Newtown RLFC has entered into a partnership with the Local Derby clothing store at 185 King Street, Newtown with the intention of showcasing Newtown Jets clothing and merchandise 7 days a week on the major shopping and retail street that is in the very nerve centre of our traditional support base. The staff of Local Derby have also been successful in placing Newtown clothing in a wide range of outlets outside of inner-western Sydney, including with the Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs merchandise outlets, retail outlets in other parts of the Sydney metropolitan area, the regional areas of NSW and also into Queensland. The Local Derby team will also continue to service the popular inner-western annual community festivals such as Newtown, Marrickville and Earlwood. Please note that Newtown’s financial interest in this retail joint venture is being carefully overseen by Mr. Karl Cope, a Director of the Newtown RLFC, a Certified Practising Accountant, a holder of the prestigious Master of Business Administration degree qualification and a man with considerable retail experience in his own right. This joint venture allows Newtown Jets clothing and merchandise to be showcased and sold to a far wider market than was possible in the more limited range of retailing activities run by the Newtown RLFC itself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also Steve O'Brien retains a close working relationship with the Newtown Jets and has considerable input into the creative development of the clubs merchandise. He can be contacted at Newtown RSL Level 2 (Poker Dome).

Hope this clarifies things for all you consipiracy theorists.
welcome to the forum league 1908, your comments reek off inside information, your post should be labeled "crafty"

please answer us as to why the clothing store is being operated by a director and a family member? that to me could very well be a conflict of interest!

as was publicised in last weeks big league, a catalog for on opponent was selling OUR club merchandise cheaper than we can.
If Newtown are partners in the clothing store why wouldn't the club have a better buying option than that of our opposition?
Why has there never been financial published stating the profits from clothing?
Why has the Newtown logo published in the said catalog not trade marked?
Why fight to have OUR logo/ name and not profit from it?

Once again, clasping at straws and outlining an inept management, however please do keep your post coming and outlining what has become evident these last few months that apart from a select few Newtown has/is becoming increasingly dysfunctional.

league1908

Juniors
Sorry Mr Smith, not sure where you are going with this , I just noticed the info on the clubs website and bumped into Steve at the Poker Dome (who I must say was quite amused by all the gossip).

Latest posts