What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry Staying!

Macca_

Coach
I'll wait till it's official... :D

But this is promising -

"I hope to stay as long as I can keep running," Henry told The Sun newspaper. "I couldn't leave the fans, they're like family.

"I love Barcelona but on Wednesday Arsenal showed they had heart. I hope to finalise details today."

Panjabi

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
Chin up Rupi! Couldn't really see him going to Barca after the spray he gave them afterwards.

To true, let's just hope Bolton keep there grubby hands off AJ for your sake!

Raider Ultra

Bench
AJ's as good as gone, let's just jope we get a good pay day out of it. Saw a rumour linking him with the Arse, no way he'll go if henry stays though.

Macca_

Coach
Isn't he 30 or 31 now? I assume you are talking about AJ at Bolton... Not a Wenger type signing, you're safe with that rumour.

yes, i hope he stays arsenal, im not too keen at having him at our club. hes a fantastic player, but the barca players all seem to get along and love there football and the club and thats why we are successful. we dont need the carrying on that henry did yesterday.

Raider Ultra

Bench
AJ's only 24. The strong mail is Everton or Wigan. Wigan are offering 6 million + Damien Francis, sell, sell, sell!!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
After his 'learn to cheat' comments and all the other stuff, i'm not at all suprised he'd want to stay away from Barcalona.

Macca_

Coach
Press conference at 2pm. (1am here).

Good stuff!

Now we can have 9 or 10 months with non of this transfer talk with regards to the great man. Press couldn't leave it alone, he's the sort of person that does what he say. Was months ago that he said he'd finalise things before the world cup. Yet the rumours kept coming.

As I kept saying. Pat Vieira was going to Real Madrid 4 seasons in a row. All media beat up. He done well for them :lol:.

Macca_

Coach
Raider Ultra said:
AJ's only 24. The strong mail is Everton or Wigan. Wigan are offering 6 million + Damien Francis, sell, sell, sell!!!
Stuffed if I know who I'm confusing him with then. :lol:

Macca_

Coach
It's official. Arsenal.com confirming a full story to follow.

4 year contract will mean he'll have been at Arsenal for 11 seasons. He's already broken Wrightys all time record for goals, imagine what he may get too! He'll be 32 by then too and should he follow the same as Bergkamp, may play a couple more and see out his career.

If he isn't already, he'll go down as the greatest ever player for Arsenal. Also will go down as one of the greatest EPL players.

Henry - "I hope to stay for as long as I can keep running. I could not face leaving the fans. They are like my family."

Glad to have you stay brother :D

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He was never going anywhere.

Good to see him stay at the same club; there aren't many players who have played so long with the same shirt.

He's still a choker though ;)

Macca_

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
He was never going anywhere.

Good to see him stay at the same club; there aren't many players who have played so long with the same shirt.

He's still a choker though ;)
:lol:

It is good to see that. He loves the club, loves London as does his family and he has a great relationship with the fans.

The other thing he pointed out was how much Dein and Wenger as well as the club have done for his career and that was also a major factor.

Also read a number of reports from UK radio talkback with regards to a lot of fans from other clubs saying how they were happy that he stayed. He is respected by a lot of opposition fans, Sunderland and Man City being 2. Their fans were clapping him in those games near the end of the season. You don't see that too much.

Along the lines of what Sharkie said... Whilst it is still disappointing to have lost on Wednesday, this does help get over it. I have no doubt Arsenal would have moved on and still been strong had he left, but with him there for another 4 seasons, it really is a big bonus.

Can't wait to see Walcott and Henry together!!!

Theiry Henry - The Legend Continues :D