What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henson Park- Rubbish

stumped

Juniors
Hey guys, from a very reliable source all in attendance at Henson Park for Jets games need to keep the place a little tidier than we are leaving it, Council is very unimpressed with the state of the ground after home games,

maybe some directors need to get some hands dirty and do a little, get some brooms out of the closet, who knows? some may even come outta the closet for us all to meet and greet!

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
The last couple of seasons I have noticed there is an old bloke who comes into the ground after half time with his family. They do the rounds collecting all of the empty beer cans etc, ( for recycling ). Dont know how much he gets though. probably not worth the collection on a club level etc.

Is the ground still used by aussie rules etc. Wonder if this problem is just a jets game day thing etc. There are not that many bins around the ground actually. You usually have to take your rubbish with you when visiting the can, but that works for me. Though i used to leave the cans for the old bloke, who always came and picked them up, ( though he would beleive anything on the ground to be fair game, even a half full one if you were not paying attention at the time lol... ).

stumped

Juniors
this does not only apply to the Jets, but all and sundry who hire the ground, as quoted, perhaps some more garbage tins would help the cause?

The last couple of seasons I have noticed there is an old bloke who comes into the ground after half time with his family. They do the rounds collecting all of the empty beer cans etc, ( for recycling ). Dont know how much he gets though. probably not worth the collection on a club level etc.

Is the ground still used by aussie rules etc. Wonder if this problem is just a jets game day thing etc. There are not that many bins around the ground actually. You usually have to take your rubbish with you when visiting the can, but that works for me. Though i used to leave the cans for the old bloke, who always came and picked them up, ( though he would beleive anything on the ground to be fair game, even a half full one if you were not paying attention at the time lol... ).

I used to play touch footy at Henson and my brothers and father did before me. One of my oldest memories of the place is watching a bloke go around after all the games and collect every can he could find. I remember as a kid of about 8, I used to go and seek him out if I had a can of drink i'd finished and give it to him, he would have been about 50-60 then. That was over 20 years ago. I wonder if its the same guy? Wow, there was a trip down memory lane! He has probably collected enough Aluminium to buy a house by now if thats him.

2 True Blues

Coach
It's a family thing mate. they had the kids in on it last time i saw em. lol.... Maybe DK Rabbit saw the original ancesters in action. Lol.....

Latest posts