What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herald has article on McGann, our recruit

HappyTiger

Juniors
eastsrule said:
Tim McGann will dominate.

He is a hard worker, he is young, he is of an enormous build and extremely talented. Union fans are missing out.

Sonds like a great pick up for us.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
I rate McGann highly.

Think he will be a good performer for us. Not big at all, but very mobile and skillfull

NZ Magpie

Juniors
If this McGan bloke's name was mentioned along with Ray Price, I for one will be very happy.

I am, I won't use the word 'Old', I will use the word 'mature' enough to see a lot of Ray Price as a Wallaby and a Kangaroo.

I have always maintained that if Ray Price played Marbles, he would have been a world champion.

He was definitely, one out of the box. His only problem was that he played for the Eels, not the Western Suburb Magpies.

I used to marvel at whet the bloke could and would do, both League and Union.

Suzie

Juniors
NZ Magpie said:
If this McGan bloke's name was mentioned along with Ray Price, I for one will be very happy.

I am, I won't use the word 'Old', I will use the word 'mature' enough to see a lot of Ray Price as a Wallaby and a Kangaroo.

I have always maintained that if Ray Price played Marbles, he would have been a world champion.

He was definitely, one out of the box. His only problem was that he played for the Eels, not the Western Suburb Magpies.

I used to marvel at whet the bloke could and would do, both League and Union.
If he's anywhere the standard of Pricey,m we're on a winner. I'm glad I got to see Price play several times too - he was something else!

EWS

Juniors
good front and side on defence .. not a fire up and kill type of player .. more like % player .. does the small thing that people don't notice, body on the line, covering tackles, cleaning up mistakes .. could cause some defences problems, doesn't look quick, but has got pace, good hole runner and ball runner .. physical, will get dirty and roll up the sleeves .. strong leadership qualities, has high expectations of himself and from team mates ..

Sounds very similar to Ben Galea.

Except Galea does things that we notice - hits holes hard off short balls from the halves, can outrun Newcastle's entire team, makes some big hits in defence :mrgreen:

super_coach

First Grade
saw that west harbour centre cris saile on tele a few weeks ago--really looked like a good player,quick and tough--would be a good pick up

smoke more pot

Juniors
if it takes saffo next year to find his feet .. he'll do the current league players a lot of good .. he may not cement a spot straight away, but i think his versatility may push a lot of the boys to perform ...

Latest posts