What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hernia

Did the doctor give you any indication of how long recovery would take?

Recovery is dependant on the person. 6 weeks for physical exercise...

Going crazy as I like to exercise daily...just been walking and just started driving again yesterday (one week after op).

It is the bruising and stitches that are annoying...

simostorm

Bench
Took my mate about 2 months to recover.. however he said after 2-3 weeks after op.. it started to feel better..

simostorm

Bench
I tore my groin earlier in the year playing touch footy and had it reconstructed about 3 months ago I also had a sportsman’s hernia repair in the same op (apparently they are related).

Over the last few days my groin and lower abdomen where the hernia repair was operated on have been hurting like a bitch much much worse than when I originally tore the groin, it’s a constant stabbing pain in both the groin and hernia repair. When ever I try to get around the pain leaves me crouched over in pain. Going up stairs is a killer.

I'm hoping that I haven’t re injured the groin as I haven’t really done anything physical since the surgery.

Yikes.. might need to see a doctor get it checked out.

chigurh

I had a left inguinal hernia repaired in July 2012. Didn't get back into weights until October but that was more due to living arrangements at the time, ie I believe I could have started back a lot sooner.

FWIW I've never been bigger, stronger or faster, although I have dropped squats altogether and now focus more on trap bar deadlifts for lower body.

Shire Panther - I'd be interested in hearing what the cause of your recurrence of pain was down to?