What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He's Back!!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not sure what he did to deserve a recall, certainly not on past form

Cummins, Pattinson, Hilfy plus Sunshine's mediums would probably be our first line pace attack so he probably wont get much of a run

here's hoping anyway

hineyrulz

Post Whore
WTF did this softcock do to earn a recall????? FMD!! Let the princess earn her spot back :?

Earl

Coach
You can imagine the headline

Johnson demolishes Ireland taking 3/68 (9) to put name in frame for Test Selection

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And they dropped Christian to bring Myth back, i thought he did pretty good for us in his limited time in the team.

Timbo

Staff member
Seriously, what the f**k?

He's done bugger all and gets a recall on a plate why?

Mitchell Starc must be scratching his head. Well, he'll scratch his head when he wakes up after 72 hours worth of jetlag. But there will be head scratching involved.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I'm no fan of Johnson,but i think it needs to be put out there that ODI's were never Mitch's problem..

We all know how bad he's been going in the Test & 20/20 arena,but he actually made last years ICC ODI Team of the Year..

I agree he should be kept as far away from the Test team as possible..

I'll be interested to see how Patto & Cummo go bowling in tandem..

Looks like they replaced Forrest with Bailey..

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'm no fan of Johnson,but i think it needs to be put out there that ODI's were never Mitch's problem..

We all know how bad he's been going in the Test & 20/20 arena,but he actually made last years ICC ODI Team of the Year..

I agree he should be kept as far away from the Test team as possible..

I'll be interested to see how Patto & Cummo go bowling in tandem..

Looks like they replaced Forrest with Bailey..

The problem we will have is, one or two good ODI perfomances then the call from certain nincompoops (commentators, coaches) will be to re-enstate him in the test side

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The problem we will have is, one or two good ODI perfomances then the call from certain nincompoops (commentators, coaches) will be to re-enstate him in the test side
Yep, the further he is away from the Australian set up the better. How well has the side gone without him???? Let him earn his spot back playing for WA, like Hughes,Khawaja,Smith etc etc will have too.

Horrie Is God

First Grade

Surely the selectors prefer our attack at the moment strangling sides out of Tests..

We've now got an attack who bowl as fast as Johnson & are able to keep a consistent line & lenghth

I don't see a spot for him in our Test team any more..

This new selection panel are showing that they take no notice of what the media says so hopefully we've seen the last of Mitchell in the test arena..

Yep, the further he is away from the Australian set up the better. How well has the side gone without him???? Let him earn his spot back playing for WA, like Hughes,Khawaja,Smith etc etc will have too.

Yep no more test stuff for Mitch unless he carves it up in Shield cricket..And not just at the WACA..

aqua_duck

Coach
My feeling is come Ashes time our bowling attack will be
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

Even worst is that MacDermott has quit as bowling coach

The Joker

Juniors
I can imagine Johnson dominating Ireland's tail enders with over the top wicket celebrations and self-proclaiming to be back to his best form and demanding test selection.

Latest posts