What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He's Red, He's White, He'll Call You Late At Night

ChipNChase

Juniors
Gasnier. A name synonomous with our great game, a legacy large by any standard. So, is he off to Ruggers?

For me, blind freddy can see it is more than likely a ploy to bump up the ol' salary, following in the footsteps of Johns most notably, albeit given the precedents mean it has to be all the more convincing each time its tried.

I think he is a great player, capable of single handedly swinging a game. Should he demand the millions of dollars being bandied around in the cash rich game of union? Probably not. Certainly should not be seeing anything like those players already proven in the game.

Who knows, maybe the whole salary cap environment us leaguies live in makes it easy on foreign code invaders pillaging our rich stocks. I think the NRL will kick in a couple of hundred thousand, not because he's necessarily worth it (unproven in union), but because it would be a disaster to lose "The Name" to thugby.

That said, he's probably a better chance of winning a "Super" title than the chances of the perenially underperformings Saints are of winning the NRL title...

gregstar

Referee
so what convinced you to start this thread captain chase?

give us a fresh perspective perhaps? because no one in these forums has thought along those lines at all. amazing!

continued good health to you champ!

miccle

Bench
Immortal said:
I have one for you now...

He chips, he chases, he blowes on guys faces.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Call of the year, hands down. Give that man the trophy.

Seriously, I hate Gasnier, I don't like the Saints and I'm over this whole "saga" and seeing thread upon thread about it. One was enough.

Ahhh Immortal - I'm gonna be laughing at that one alllll day.

ChipNChase

Juniors
My gripe, if it wasn't evident enough, was with the process that top shelf players go through pretending to be interested in another code in order to bump up their earnings. It does no good for the game, and certainly detracts from any real credibility the administration has.
If they don't want to play for the love of the code, then they can take a long walk of a short plank and they won't be missed by any real league fan.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ChipNChase said:
My gripe, if it wasn't evident enough, was with the process that top shelf players go through pretending to be interested in another code in order to bump up their earnings. It does no good for the game, and certainly detracts from any real credibility the administration has.
If they don't want to play for the love of the code, then they can take a long walk of a short plank and they won't be missed by any real league fan.

how dod you know he's not genuine? it was the ARU gave him a 14 deadline not St George.

xstasy

Juniors
Immortal said:
I have one for you now...

He chips, he chases, he blowes on guys faces.

Aha Aha Ahadli ha. You are so hilarious. Gasnier is a crumb and a disgrace to Rugby League. It's GREAT that he is thinking about switching codes. Don't need any more tools like him.