What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, it's Baz. Let me in.

*knock knock*

• Total voters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Where's the third option?

I'd be happy to give the fella another chance if he halved his fee. I don't want to see us lose players just so he can play one game in four.

If reports are correct, his wife is expecting and they want to come home. Fair enough. But the reported $400K per year is way too much. Saints should not even entertain this amount. If he plays for another club that offers close to this amount, then good luck to Baz and his family.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Putting $$$ aside...

At first I was against this idea. I think we have to develope our halves for the future, & I think Chase & Soward are far from being a premiership winning combo.

But on the other hand... I think a Barrett & Soward combo could be lethal. Barrett has 2 or 3 years left in him, & Soward could serve an 'apprenticeship' in those years to develope his game.

I'd be happy to have him back.

The Chef

Juniors
Where's the third option?

I'd be happy to give the fella another chance if he halved his fee. I don't want to see us lose players just so he can play one game in four.

Couldn't have said it any better. Hows his knee holding up? I can always remember stressing out everytime he had a limp after a line break and thinking ffs "not again". If he's fit I'm all for it, but $400K is a pretty expensive bench warmer.

Without us realising we have become a Fitler at the roosters, depending on Barrett to do us good.
Will Barrett bring us back on track?

Will not having Barrett keep us from getting better under Bennett..

Do we need him when we have the best coach in the world coming here ?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
:clap: lol, yes I think I do remember that one, against the roosters wasn't it?

Tigers, Preliminary Final '05.

Effectively cost us the momentum we were building. Game ended with a Tigers try shortly after.

We were 2 or 4 points behind and looking to press for the lead.

interested to see how barrett will go under bennett.

hes played well at origin but not at club level so maybe a quality coach is the difference.

looks like there will be a massive cleanout and soward and or chase could be turfed out.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
It would be great to see a quality pivot like Baz in the Saints jumper. We would look like a football team again.

I've been knocking Soward as a halfback but with a dominate 5/8 like Baz playing outside him I will give him another chance.

Magic Dragon

Juniors
I to was a little sceptical of the return of Barrett, but after seeing Soward play today a little out wider with some good work going on around him I am really warming to a Barrett - Soward combo.

Barrett=6
Soward=7

or:

Barrett=7
Soward=6

Thoughts?

grego

Juniors
barrett would be a good 5/8 but we need some good forwards to get him forward ryles is either going or will he have to do it all himself

Latest posts