What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hibernation

here's my apology

*presents middle finger*

no way in HELL am i apologising for supporting my team til the end! As the great Winston Churchill said, "Never, never give in!" And I think I'll take his advice before yours, boy.

Oh, I was wrong in making the 8, that much is obvious, but that was never the issue. The issue was sticking the knife3 into the Eels long before they were done, of which you are O so Guilty. Good to see you bragging about running the boys down so successfully tho, :lol:

So, cry-baby, wish-you-were-as-good-looking-as-me-and-had-such-a-cool-moustache-like-me....where's MY apology?

Beyotch!

Misty Bee

First Grade
I think Churchill's words were 'We will never surrender'. And I know you would take the word of an alcoholic Pommy who was to blame for the loss of Singapore, and the incarceration of the Australian 6th Division, and who tried tyo prevent the 7th division from returning to Australia to defend their nation from the Japanese!

You never gave up on them? Of course you wouldn't. You are chief arse licker no. 1! In fact, you are notoriuos for beeing that hammered during games that you actively celebrate defeat!

So, when some of us state the bleeding obvious - that Parra had buckleys of making the 8, you carried on with your fantastical bandwagon, and bagged us mercilessly, even threatening to kill me!

It is plainly obvuious to the rest of the world that, even though you look and act like you have lived your life in a barn, there were certainly NOT 3 wise men around when you wre born. The words of Mandy from 'Life of Brian' come to mind. 'Led by a star? Led by a bottle more like it!'

Jesus, you are NOT the messiah. You are a very naughty boy!

Misty Bee said:
Jesus, you are NOT the messiah. You are a very naughty boy!

Damn straight, and I got the photos to prove it 8)

And Churchill did say "Never, never give in!". It was said to a bunch of people who were attending his old school. (btw, his job was to look after GB as a whole, and England first, not Australia. I don't hold that against him, even though it sucked for Aussies. We did win, didn't we?)

And if you call getting hammered after a game and still enjoying the night with my mates celebrating a defeat - then I'm guilty as charged and happy to be so. :) Never let a negative event get in the way of a positively inebriated evening :D

Still haven't got that apology, boy

Misty Bee

First Grade
So where's the Bandwagon parked these days, Klinger? Smithy's driveway (with slippers under his bed?)

Churchills job was not to massively balls up in Singapore and leave tens of thousands of able bodied men to starve. I'm begining to se a pattern here. Churchill ballsing up in Singapore - Smith stuffing up in the NRL. You like losers, don't you!

Maybe that's why you are one yourself.

And you get smashed AT the game, not after. As for celebrating defeat, you must be really rapt in this season!

Suitman

Post Whore
I know you guys are probably having fun. Lord knows, I'm enjoying reading it.

But aren't we all here for the same reasons??
It is so easy to read beween the lines here.
Misty wants Parra to win. Jesus wants Parra to win.
You both just have different thoughts about how we should go about it.

It has NOT been a good season. There have been very few positives to pull out of it. Our memories are short. Performances during the first 16 weeks were more than poor. Frankly, after that there was only a handful of acceptable performances, but we kept on winning which provided hope.
I make no apologies for writing us off four weeks ago. We were gone long before that.
Jesus, we played three top eight teams in the last four weeks. Two of them put 50 and 40 points on us respectively. The other, well, Sunday will tell us where they really belong.
Honestly, we don't, and never did, deserve to be there. I thought that many weeks ago and said so.
You have a problem with me giving them up so early.
I have a problem with you chastising me relentlessly for that.

Even though I was proven correct (and that displeases me no end), I can't help but feel disappointed that just because a few fans express their feelings of displeasure at our lame season, they get chastised for being, among other things, disloyal.

If I see more of the lame performances next year as I did this year, I will say the same things.

I prefer to live in a world of reality, not with the pixies.
Then, when things don't reach my hopes, I am better prepared to deal with them.
As for Churchill, yes, we did win. But at an unnecessary cost which could have been avoided.

Suity

Suitman said:
It has NOT been a good season. There have been very few positives to pull out of it.
I beg to differ. I judge a good season by how much I enjoyed myself, and I had a great time this year. Few positives? Muzza's 4 tries, bettered by Jamie's 5. 74-4 over Sharks, that was HILARIOUS! Beating Newc at home, always great! Seeing Hopkins, Peek, Witt and Co play so well in First Grade. A Great trip to the Gold Coast for the trial, a great trip to brissie (with a good win) and a fun night at the Caxton. Post-match drink-a-thons back at the Oak. The shenanigans of Mad Monday. Meeting some cool Brissie fans. And these were just some of the things I enjoyed from this year. There were many more.

Suitman said:
Honestly, we don't, and never did, deserve to be there. I thought that many weeks ago and said so.
I once again kinda beg to differ. I seriously doubt whether Brissie deserve to be there, too, and if we had have scraped in ahead of them then I would have had no complaints. Like it or not, it's a Top 8 and if you get there then you deserve to be there, I guess.

Suitman said:
Even though I was proven correct (and that displeases me no end), I can't help but feel disappointed that just because a few fans express their feelings of displeasure at our lame season, they get chastised for being, among other things, disloyal.
You see, now would be a better time to start expressing some anger. The season wasn't over, and we weren't dead, until the second half of the Penrith game - that's like 3 MONTHS after some people *cough, cough* started sticking the knife in. For crying out loud, those boys were still out there busting their guts to try to make a comeback and scrape in, and I won't say a bad word about anyone while they are still giving their all on the field. Now the season is over, we are officially gone for the season (for the FIRST time) and if that displeases you, then now is the time to say so.

I'd say more but 3 minutes til I run for work and I'm still in my jammy-jams :p

Misty Bee

First Grade
When did we stick the knife in? Saying we won't make the semis is hardly sticking the knife in?

I guess you said it all with uor judgement of the year. You don't care if parra does well or not, so long as YOU have a good time. Gee, you probably got hammered in 3 different states! Yipee! did the quality of football (or lack thereof) affect you? No. It affected me, bacause I value Parramatta victories. To me, pleasure is seeing the Eels triumph, not getting pissed when they happen to be nearby!

And if you want to go to the footy with the sole purpose of getting bombed, I'm happy for you, even though I wonder why the hell somone would. I am just wondering why you have to bag others who chose to live life differently?

As for the team allegedly trying their guts out, if they do their abolute best and concede 40 and 50 points, shouldn't we make some changes? I'm not talking about adding friggin Foo Foo Moi Moi, I'm talking about major overhaul!

The Colonel

Immortal
Looking at the players that are coming and those that are going it is a fairly major overhaul.

We have know signed 11-12 players - I will agree that Moi Moi isn't exactly what I would call a major signing - however a few of these blokes in recent weeks have looked like they will add something to the side - in particular competition for spots which I believe has been lacking since 2001.

Muspratt, Stapleton, Muckert, Grothe Jr and Thorman all look like making an impact from the start. Pearson IMO probably will start but I see more benefit from him with our younger players learning from an older prop - like when O'Reilly returned in 1981 - though Pearson isn't in O'Reilly's class he does have experience.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Colonel, you forgot to mention Cannings who is expected to have the biggest impact of all the new signings.

The Colonel

Immortal
eels2win said:
Colonel, you forgot to mention Cannings who is expected to have the biggest impact of all the new signings.

Your right - how could I forget. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I know that a cleanout for you Misty would involve Brian going - that is a valid option too, especially after the year we hjave had, but at this stage with the board sticking with him for next year at least the player cleanout is a good start.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Colonel Eel said:
eels2win said:

Your right - how could I forget. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I know that a cleanout for you Misty would involve Brian going - that is a valid option too, especially after the year we hjave had, but at this stage with the board sticking with him for next year at least the player cleanout is a good start.

Last year wasn't too flash either.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
[/quote]

What's that saying about nice guys?[/quote]I know he can't coach that well, but he is quite pleasant and a good bloke.

The Colonel

Immortal
Mind you the past two years haven't been that kind to Newcastle, Brisbane or Cronulla either...... :lol: :lol: :-({|=

New blood is quite clearly needed in all of those clubs much like the Eels but only Cronulla have taken similar steps to the Eels this year.....

El Diablo

Post Whore
Colonel Eel said:
Mind you the past two years haven't been that kind to Newcastle, Brisbane or Cronulla either...... :lol: :lol: :-({|=

Brisbane and Cronulla finished one game short of making the GF last year and oviously Newcastle and Brisbane are still in it this year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Brisbane will be lucky to beat Penrith this weekend giving them no wins from their past eight, Newcastle have performed nowehere as well as what they did in 2001 and probably won't make it past the Roosters this weekend. Cronulla surprised even themselves last year and surprised noone this year.....

Tallis was the first to admit they don't deserve their spot..... neither did we for that matter but I bet they are happy they got there........

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Colonel Eel said:
Brisbane will be lucky to beat Penrith this weekend giving them no wins from their past eight, Newcastle have performed nowehere as well as what they did in 2001 and probably won't make it past the Roosters this weekend. Cronulla surprised even themselves last year and surprised noone this year.....

Tallis was the first to admit they don't deserve their spot..... neither did we for that matter but I bet they are happy they got there........

Brisbane to beat Penrith this weekend is my first prediction!!

The pressure is off the Broncos...Taites back and Lockyer wil be splitting up the fragile Panther defence!!!....i hate seeing the Penrith district happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Warriors to beat the Bulldogs is my other prediction.......i will be proven right on both accounts ;-)

I agree with both those predictions, RJ! I think the loser of the Melbourne-Canberra game will be saying bye-bye to 2003, which is kinda a shame cause both those teams have played very well this year and exceeded expectations.

And, yes, brian is a good bloke. He is also a wicked euchre player (I'm lucky we weren't throwing around Lobsters). Personally I'd prefer a team full of honest toilers who enjoy playing for Parramatta because it is a special Club then a team full of world beaters who play because we threw cash at them. Guys like Peek, Hex, Jimmy and Hopkins have all shown that attitude this year, and as long as they respect Parra and bust their asses for the Club it doesn't matter if they lose.

I did not mind sitting throught he early 90s because I knew guys like Joe Bartolo and Michael Erickson, Oudenryn, Horo, and Crnkovich et al all cared about playing for Parra and a good heart is more important than a trophy to me any day.

I'd love to see Parra win it, who wouldn't?, but if it was won for the Club by a bunch of wankers who came because we threw cash at them then it really wouldn't mean a thing, would it? Brian seriously cares about Parramatta, and its future, and he is undeniably a talented coach, and as such I am happy to have him here as long as hge keeps this attitude.

All he needs is a bit of gold in his cabinet and everyone will acknowledge he is one of the greatest coaches of the modern era.

Don't worry, he'll get that gold. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but he'll get it nonetheless.