What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden Secrets

O

ozbash

i had a loose ligament too el dook but i didnt want to be the first to say it.:p

imported_GavBT

Juniors
I've been up at court, first when I was 13 for tresspassing on railway property, the second time when I was 16 for GBH.

I was a bit of a naughty boy in my teens.

O

ozbash

for kiwi.
bet you cant get a feed of koutai up your way.....

Green-lipped mussels, an arthritis treatment for dogs, have found a new purpose in dog food. This month is Pet Arthritis Awareness Month and a New Zealand petfood company last week released its mussel-based dog food, Joint Support, the first known dietary supplement of its kind. It's a timely move - autumn and winter are the seasons for creaking joints in older dogs. Animalz Miramar veterinarian Allan Probert said he was having to put down more arthritic dogs than usual during warmer times of the year, because of the cold. The casualties he had seen were mainly 8-13-year-old rottweilers, bull mastiffs and labradors. Owners of older dogs should try to keep their pets warm in winter and take care in exercising arthritic animals, he said. Auckland-based veterinary scientist Jennifer Seed said mussel extracts were currently used as pain relief in dogs. Mussels contained an anti-inflammatory chemical. One in five dogs develops osteo-arthritis but only 54 per cent are treated for the condition, mainly because dogs hide pain symptoms and of lack of awareness among owners. The symptoms are: limping, not wanting to get up after resting, licking of joints, soreness after exercise, circling repeatedly before settling, difficulty walking up stairs or on uneven surfaces. It's status as a dog nutriceutical is a nice change for green-lipped mussels, which won notoriety in 1999 with the discovery they killed cancer cells in laboratory trials. The same year, a human dietary supplement was found in breach of the Medicines Act and the companies involved, Lyprinol (New Zealand) Ltd and Pacific Pharmaceuticals were fined $15,000 each.

Year 10 camp: Me and a few mates decided to particpate in a bit of wrestling. It was pure adlib, the room was setup for it, it was about midnight, a few 'soft drinks' had been consumed, and the room had a double bunk, and then a big double bed next to it. So the idea was, to jump off the top bunk onto the double bed.

Anyways, for anyone that is a bit of a fan of the sport, it was deemed necessary that a frog splash off the top bunk had to happen. So,one of my mates got up there (being a bit hefty and all), i think he weighted around the 90-100kg mark. So he lept, and totally buggered up the bed. Springs went flying and there was the loudest thump we had ever heard. Everyone else in the room come running in, and saw the sad state of affairs. We cleaned it up pretty well, and thought we had got away with it

Unfortunately, about a week later, the school got a call from the owners of the place. They reported the broken bed, and yeh...traced it back to us. Denying it was a bit hard, seeing that no one else had inhabited the room since we were in there. In the final washup, we had to sell about $300 worth off chocolates to make up the difference hehehe

Damn, there are so many camp stories that are worth retelling! Never thought about it really, but i guess that the camps in high school were pretty wild. Must be the western sydney influence ;)Geez, everything from frozen t-shirts been defrosted on the road at 6am in the morning, to firecrackers being let off, to lasagne fights in the rooms, dishwashing liquid being thrown into heaters to streaking all happened at school camps. We evenonce had a group of 20 guys who decided to lay their blankets outside their rooms and pray to 'Allah' at 4am in the morning. That was a great moment, very funny :D

Camp memories, im sure everyone has them. They would be great to read about!

Moffo.

Benderparma

Juniors
Any chance of elaborating fanballer
embeer.gif