What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiddink

Angry_eel

First Grade
I know he is an excellent coach but can he get australia to the world cup. I my opinion the management has left it too late and given him too less a chance to do anything with the socceroos. If we don't qualify then he isn't the coach is pretty stupid in my opinion. He is only human and can only do somuch.

what do you guys think?

Angry_eel said:
I know he is an excellent coach but can he get australia to the world cup. I my opinion the management has left it too late and given him too less a chance to do anything with the socceroos. If we don't qualify then he isn't the coach is pretty stupid in my opinion. He is only human and can only do somuch.

what do you guys think?

The timing of the decision to get rid of Frank was bad, but Hiddink is a smart bloke he already has told the soccer fans of Australia that it will need a miracle to qualify for the World Cup. That will lower expectation straight away. Personally if all fit and playing well the team is good enough to go through but not sure it will though.

MONY

Juniors
we have alot of players playing in high quality teams and leagues so anything is possible.

The Tank

Bench
I hope he stays with Australia even if we fail to qualify. Give the guy four years and we'll be there, I have no doubt.

I believe if we can get our best team on the field, under Hiddink's management, we'll push for a spot in Germany.

I hope so anyway.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
MONY said:
we have alot of players playing in high quality teams and leagues so anything is possible.

??

Alot of Aussies are playing in sub-standard leagues like English Division One, Belgium, Switzerland etc. etc.

I think his appointment was made in the HOPE they can qualify for this World Cup, but was more designed at him being a long term option as we go through Asia (he has a vast knowledge of that region).

MONY

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
??

Alot of Aussies are playing in sub-standard leagues like English Division One, Belgium, Switzerland etc. etc.

Australia squad:
John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), - Decent
Marco Bresciano (Parma, Italy), - Quality
Tim Cahill (Everton, England), - Quality
Scott Chipperfield (Basel, Switzerland), - Average
Jason Culina (Twente Enschede, Holland), - Decent
Ahmad Elrich (Fulham, England), - Quality
Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), - Quality
Vince Grella (Parma, Italy), - Quality
Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan, Italy), - Outstanding
Harry Kewell (Liverpool, England), - Outstanding
Stan Lazaridis (Birmingham, England), - Quality
Jon McKain (Politechnica AEK Timisoara, Romania), - who
Craig Moore (Newcastle, England), - Outstanding
Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers, England), - Quality
Sasho Petrovski (Sydney FC, Australia), - ???
Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace, England), - Div 1
Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), - Quality
Josip Skoko (Wigan, England), - Decent
Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory, Australia), - ???
Tony Vidmar (NAC Breda, Holland), - Decent
Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough, England), - Quality
Luke Wilkshire (Bristol City, England). - Div ???

Therefore we have alot of players who play in quality teams and Leagues.....EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Dutch First Div

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I meant alot of our fringe players.

Anyhow, the likes of Elrich, Kalac, Kewell, Popovic and Vidmar are not even first team regulars.

BTW, did anyone see Schwartzer on the weekend? :oops:

God, he is absolute rubbish. It's about time Kalac was given a go.

Foz

Bench
MONY said:
Australia squad:
John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), - Decent
Marco Bresciano (Parma, Italy), - Quality
Tim Cahill (Everton, England), - Quality
Scott Chipperfield (Basel, Switzerland), - Average
Jason Culina (Twente Enschede, Holland), - Decent
Ahmad Elrich (Fulham, England), - Quality
Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), - Quality
Vince Grella (Parma, Italy), - Quality
Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan, Italy), - Outstanding
Harry Kewell (Liverpool, England), - Outstanding
Stan Lazaridis (Birmingham, England), - Quality
Jon McKain (Politechnica AEK Timisoara, Romania), - who
Craig Moore (Newcastle, England), - Outstanding
Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers, England), - Quality
Sasho Petrovski (Sydney FC, Australia), - ???
Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace, England), - Div 1
Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), - Quality
Josip Skoko (Wigan, England), - Decent
Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory, Australia), - ???
Tony Vidmar (NAC Breda, Holland), - Decent
Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough, England), - Quality
Luke Wilkshire (Bristol City, England). - Div ???

Therefore we have alot of players who play in quality teams and Leagues.....EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Dutch First Div

Better up the rating on Viduka and Schwarzer- Boro are a top 10 P/L/side.
(going on Craig Moore-Newcastle).
Viduka got a couple of nice goals this morning.
One was outstanding.
Why doesn't he produce these for Oz?
Is Skoko signed for Wigan or is he supposed to?
I've heard he was going there but havent actually seen him play for them yet?

Raider Ultra

Bench
Skoko will make his debut for Wigan this weekend. I'm yet to see this Dooks goal, I've heard from a few people it was outstanding.

MONY

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
I meant alot of our fringe players.

Anyhow, the likes of Elrich, Kalac, Kewell, Popovic and Vidmar are not even first team regulars.

BTW, did anyone see Schwartzer on the weekend? :oops:

God, he is absolute rubbish. It's about time Kalac was given a go.

very true although they have to be of decent quality to be playing there....
yeah mate i saw schwarzer on the weekend.... absolutely :oops: ..... he has had a few thousand too many of these "mishaps" during his career.

John Filan anyone :lol:

OVP

Coach
Its good to see Viduka is back on the field and firing. 2 goals for Boro last night.

Viduka, Cahill, Bresciano, Kewell need to fire to give us even a sniff, but most importantly lets see what Hiddinck can do with our defence, which has been atrocious for several years now.

perth sharkie

Juniors
Hopefully Hiddink will be willing to lead Australia through Asia for the 2010 World Cup, and the FFA will be wise enough to keep him.

The mess that Frank Farina made means that 2006 is already a write off.

Striker

Juniors
Cahill is the key i feel, his ability to sneak into the box and grab goals on the back post is amazing. He works tirelessly in the midfield and was the backbone to a lot of everton success last season. kewell when fit is a constant threat and viduka looks like he is gearing up to play some excellent football.

weasel

First Grade
Yeah, Viduka is in great form, he was Boro's best player by far on the weekend against Spurs as well.

OVP

Coach
weasel said:
Yeah, Viduka is in great form, he was Boro's best player by far on the weekend against Spurs as well.

He was only on for 20 minutes too ... shows how bad Boro were. Ive always like Viduka, but when he plays for Australia he tends to try to create more than try to score. I feel if he changes to going for goals more, he can be truly devestating. I bet Hiddinck knows that already though, and we'll see the very best of Viduka, which is exciting imo.

hybrid_tiger said:
Viduka's second goal was absolute quality! Outstanding...

Yeah Hybrid and the first one wasnt too bad either. He had to stretch a long way forward, which shows his hammy is looking good too.

fish eel

Immortal
does anyone know what the story is with patrick Kisnorbo, or is he still serving penance for missing the olympics?

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Back on topic, I am really happy to have Hiddink in charge. I can't say I've heard a word against him and I really think that we can qualify with the second leg at home.

watto

Juniors
Yeah in my opinion Hiddink is the best possible man we could have in charge and if anyone can pull it off getting us to the WC it is him.

Having the second leg at home is a massive advantage for us. Hopefully our team plays as a team and not individuals. That I feel is the key for us, play a team passing game and that will get us going.

Latest posts