What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hilder, Dumas, Sullivan, Vagana: Take a bow!

ghoti

Bench
Vagana? Great work....once. He has to step up and take a bit more charge if he wants to stay the best centre in the world. He didn't get very involved, but he played well when he did. If he gets into the game a bit more, shows a bit of magic, then I will give him wraps...he just needs a bit more ball.

Bailey had a good game too. I'm glad to see him throw egg in my face.

Opes

Juniors
"Stay" as the best centre?

He was ranked 2 at the end of last year due to terrific efforts by Clinton Toopi; but look at both now! They've both played the worst games they've ever had for NZ!

But I sure do hope he can regain the title he made his own, and score a good 20+ tries again this year ;-)

Special K

Coach
Toopi was never the best centre. Rabs just said it during a test and since that game he has proven him wrong.

chili pepper

Bench
One good game doesn't make you suddenly the best. There has never been any doubt that Vagana is the best in the business. Especially as there is such a lack of quality centres in the game at the moment.

Just look at Australia's centres on Friday. Both are good players but would not have played any rep football 10 years ago - they must be the worst centre pairing in an Aussie team ever.

Vagana is light years in front of those two.

Anonymous

Juniors
Vagana didn't see nearly enough ball. Once again all our attack was aimed down the left side, with Vagana sitting patiently on the right.

Special K

Coach
The reason it was aimed at that side was because Peterson can't tackle.

I wish Noddy would of bombed to Simmons some more. His great under the high ball... But I guess he didn't wanna risk another length of the field Grothe run.

Vagana didn't do much and in defence he hung back but I love that dive :clap:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
chili pepper said:
Just look at Australia's centres on Friday. Both are good players but would not have played any rep football 10 years ago - they must be the worst centre pairing in an Aussie team ever.

Vagana is light years in front of those two.

Pretty tough assessment that I can't agree with.
10 years ago,Tate would have been fighting ET for a centre spot & would have won in my opinion.
& f**k i would love to have Gidley at the sharks!

Macca

Coach
Vagana needs alot more time to get used to our style of play. He seems to be too flat. He is best when he at full speed prior to receiving the ball.

Gidley had a blinder last night and should always be the first centre picked for NSW and Australia. I don't rate Tate but played well also. I think Berrigan is entitled to be in front of him this year.

imasharkie

Coach
Question for those who went to the game: watching the game on fox i thought stinky reick played ordinary but you guys would have a better view of him..how did he go

Macca

Coach
He struggled a bit under the high ball but by no means had a shocker. He held his own in defence, scored an easy try and was safe enough.

imasharkie

Coach
McSharkie said:
He struggled a bit under the high ball but by no means had a shocker. He held his own in defence, scored an easy try and was safe enough.
thanks Mcsharkie. Did merritt play in PL and if he did how'd he go

Macca

Coach
He did play but I didn't get there until 15 minutes before full time so I couldn't give you an accurate report on him. Fug Emelio looks big!

Houdini

First Grade
All the guys had a real dig out there tonight.

I think Vagana needs a few weeks to adjust, but he'll come good. As I said in another post, I think his confidence may have been down, especially after the test last night.
But that winning try will do the world of good for him

Bring on St George :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

McSharkie said:

I thought Stinky did some great takes in bad circumstances, it was abvious more the start they were going to target that wing, and they did big time.

Macca

Coach
I said he struggled under the high ball. He wasn't atrocious, but he did let a try in and looked shaky under plenty of others.

Give Vagana few weeks to settle in has only played 2 games and had no trials, he is working in nicely, he is follwoing Lomu around field, and when Lomu, hits full fitness can see him popping som passes for Vagana, also watch how he is going to dummy half, can always tell when we play well Peach get to dummy half and now Vagana is, the signs are there

Special K

Coach
I like how on one side the team have Gallen and Bailey running at the centres and on the other it is Lomu and Vagana with Dumas picking where he wants to run.

What a difference two good 2nd rowers make.

Latest posts