What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh Cleared

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Not everything that looks like a headlock is automatically a grapple tackle. By the definition which involves a tackle where the contact is initially made elsewhere and then moved around the head or neck, Hindy's tackle was not a grapple.

Tommy Smith

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
You're the bloody joke mate. The tackle didn't deserve anything more than a few warning carry over points, and you can't prove Ricky did say anything. It's likely he may have asked Morley, but Morley would have said no if the tackle was serious!
Completely false IMO.

Chances are, Morley did think Hindy's grapple was pretty bad, and i'd give short odds that he had a joke with Hindy telling him that he nearly choked him to death. However, being the bloke he is, he wasn't going to let it cost Hindy a spot in Origin.

As Morley said, what happens on the field stays on the field.

Paranoid

Juniors
There was never any doubt. After getting Schifcofske to dive head first into the ground this was only a minor challenge for Ricky.

Anyhow ... got Hindy!

There was nothing it in anyway. Only players that should have been charged out that game was Morris for his small grapple and cross the cat.

ausraider

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
it wasan't the same charge

Hindmarsh was a grade 1

Hoffman was a grade 3 that he had downgraded to a grade 2 by the same judicary.

Some both players effectivly got the same treatment by having their charges downgraded 1 level.

Thanz
mate

shadow grinder

First Grade
mickdo said:
The Storm player was the only player involved in his tackle, and threw the player to the ground by the neck. Just a tad different from Hindy's tackle (where there were other players in the tackle, and he didn't throw him to the ground)

still choked the sh*t out of morley tho.

the judciary is a joke....

m0j0

Bench
What the hell could Ricky have done for Hoffman? If you watched the footy on the weekend, you would have noticed that the Storm didn't play the Roosters.

m0j0

Bench
Something I don't get about this is that the basis for Hindmarsh getting off the charge was that it wasn't technically a grapple tackle. The argument is that by definition, a grapple tackle is when the arms are moved from the point of contact to be around the head/neck. The defence are saying (and this has been shown in video evidence) that he didn't move his arms from the point of contact in the tackle.

Therefore, does that not mean his inital point of contact in the tackle was around the neck/head? If this is the case, why was he not charged with a high tackle? Given his clean record he wouldn't have missed any game time anyway, so it makes no difference anyway. I just found it kind of weird that the basis of the defence's argument was that he hit him with a high tackle. That's something you won't see too often in the judiciary!

m0j0

Bench
shadow grinder said:
no what im saying is that if stuart wanted to...he could get hoffman off..he and the roosters run the nrl

...and one of the sheep hath spoken!

El Diablo

Post Whore
m0j0 said:
Something I don't get about this is that the basis for Hindmarsh getting off the charge was that it wasn't technically a grapple tackle. The argument is that by definition, a grapple tackle is when the arms are moved from the point of contact to be around the head/neck. The defence are saying (and this has been shown in video evidence) that he didn't move his arms from the point of contact in the tackle.

Therefore, does that not mean his inital point of contact in the tackle was around the neck/head? If this is the case, why was he not charged with a high tackle? Given his clean record he wouldn't have missed any game time anyway, so it makes no difference anyway. I just found it kind of weird that the basis of the defence's argument was that he hit him with a high tackle. That's something you won't see too often in the judiciary!

the judiciary can only find him guilty or not guilty of what he's been charged with

m0j0

Bench
Yeah, I realise that. I guess all I was getting at was that I found it amusing that they argued the fact that he made contact with the head first as his defence. Like I said, it's not something you'll see all that often.

Latest posts