What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh hoping for more hit-ups

punK-eeL

Juniors
yeah that is true also, but i dont think the backs are doing as bad as the fowards in defence, imo.

True EEL

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
How about people like Widders, Cayless and Morrison stop talking about what they are going to do and actually do it

- We won't drop the ball
- We won't lose in Brisbane

yada yada

all words no action thus far

yeah considering Cayless didn't say a damn thing but just made the hard yards and the tackles from the bench......geez Hindmarsh is man enough to admit that Cayless played a great game and his stats show it enough for Hindmarsh to admit he noticed and appreciated his efforts - yet you puppets still want to condemn him.....????

grow up......Hindmarsh notcied Cayless' his actions not his words

and 3 hit ups is horrible - even with 63 tackles

35 and 15 is just fine thanks

True EEL

Bench
dazeely said:
NRL's Hindmarsh hoping for more hit-ups
April 5, 2006 - 4:19PM

Hindmarsh said:

"If you look at the stats, I might have made 63 tackles, but only three hit-ups.
"If you look at blokes like Nathan Cayless, he made 35 tackles and 15-20 hit-ups.
"I'm a bit disappointed in that actually.
"I'm not pulling my weight in offence."

3 hit ups isn't enough and although he made a gargantuan effort in defence, this is a trend i have noticed for a long time in his game - he puts so much into his defence - he leaves nothing for his attack - which i consider to be his biggest asset - when he runs the ball strongly and consistently throughout a game we rarely lose - on his day he can be as damaging running the ball as Gorden Tallis, which is a big call, but i'm serious

and for all you whingers out there, please read and then re-read the bolded part, consider it was an effort from the bench and consider that it is your "lord Hindmarsh" who is saying it - and realise that he still appreciates Cayless and the effort and passion he plays with for HIS club.....

Hurriflatch

Referee
heaven forbid anyone ever say a bad word about Cayless

God will smit those who dare

yet everyone else is open slather

True EEL

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
heaven forbid anyone ever say a bad word about Cayless

God will smit those who dare

yet everyone else is open slather

thanks for considering me God, although your not the first.....(lol)

secondly, i prefer to concentrate on the positives re: Cayless as Hindmarsh has just so blatantly outlined for all of us

thirdly, have i been openly critical of all if any other players this season??? I remember saying that i feel Robinson has been below his best and not contributing a lot and i have also stated that Hindmarsh (coming off injury in the off-season) has been below his best to poor, but other than that i really fail to see how i have contributed to any "open slather" on criticism on all the other players.....have a think next time before being so smart

Hurriflatch

Referee
You may not have bagged them yourself

but I never saw you jumping in to save Burt, Petersen, Graham, McFadden etc either as you have Cayless

Eelementary

Post Whore
Consider, though, that Nathan Cayless is Nathan Hindmarsh's close friend and captain. Of course he'll praise Cayless.

Now, I'm not bagging Caylo - I thought he played well. Just saying you should consider it.

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
punK-eeL said:
very true, but if the parra fowards dont lift for every game...we will see a repeat of last week....and every game we might see them drop off in intensity in the 2nd half and give the match away.
but i dont doubt their ability...they just need to lift!!! LIFT!!! >.<

opinions please. is it a lack of concentration why we drop off in the second half, or as i believe, a lack of fitness. maybe the fitness coach should be looked at. i agree that we have the players to do the job. lets hope that whatever the problem is, it is fixed soon.

Latest posts