What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh in for Tahu

Sir Biffo

Bench
If it is true it would simply be so Benny boy can take his injured love child Willie Mason on tour without copping sh*t for it.

avsterooster

Juniors
it sure is true
channel 10 news just had it
they made a mistake ruling him out and they realise now they need some experienced level heads and also to tighten up the defense around the ruck and similarly out wide.

Meanie

Juniors
By the way they were saying it, Tate will move onto the wing and Cooper into the centres with Hindmarsh slotting in, probably for Fitzgibbon I'd imagine.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Parramatta second-rower Nathan Hindmarsh has been called back into the Australia squad for the Gillette Tri-Nations series following the withdrawal of winger Timana Tahu.

Newcastle Knights' Timana was ruled out after further medical consultation over a hamstring injury he picked up in the early stages of Saturday's 38-28 home defeat by New Zealand.

Hindmarsh was originally a member of coach Wayne Bennett's 23-man squad but was ruled out because of concerns his knee, originally injured six weeks ago, would not recover sufficiently during the tour.

In the two weeks since that time the knee has shown considerable improvement and extensive medical tests have allowed medical staff to confirm the player will be in a position to play during the European stage of the tour.

He will not be considered for Friday's return match in New Zealand, the team for which will be named on Tuesday.

-superleague.co.uk

The Tank

Bench
So how many regular wingers in are in the squad? We could have two centres (King and Tate) playing on the wing on Friday. Why not Eric Grothe? Why not Matt Sing?

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16945889-23214,00.html

Hindmarsh shock inclusion for Tahu
October 17, 2005

NATHAN Hindmarsh has been recalled into Australia's squad for the Tri-Nations rugby league series for injured Parramatta teammate Timana Tahu.

Tahu was today ruled out of the rest of series with a hamstring injury suffered in Saturday's 38-28 loss to New Zealand in Sydney.

Hindmarsh had originally been selected in the team but was ruled out a fortnight ago because of concerns about his fitness.

The Parramatta backrower injured his knee six weeks ago and it was thought he would not recover sufficiently during the tour.

Extensive medical tests today from ARL and Parramatta medical staff however have found dramatic improvement in Hindmarsh's condition, and he has been confirmed to play during the European stage of the tour.

He will not be considered for Friday night's match in New Zealand. The team for Friday's Test will be named tomorrow.

Hindmarsh joined the camp this afternoon.

drake

First Grade
Creagh's contract has already risen, Ennis is safely a Bronco and Bennett can bring back Hindy and forget all about Ben Creagh.
Hindmarsh's ommission was always a glaring one. Especially last Saturday night when we needed a backrower with heart and ability.

Jordan

Juniors
I'd be very disapointed if I was Luke O'Donnell right now. Fitzgibbon has been a test regular for years. He wont be dropped. I hope he can secure a bench spot in place of Ryan, Waterhouse or someone.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Gotta agree with Drake

This was all just a play by Bennett to get a couple more players to Brisbane

just like Anasta was selected for NSW so he'd sign with the Roosters.

or like John Morris was selected for Country in 2001 and 2002 when they were coached by Brian Smith

skeepe

Immortal
The disturbing thing for Australia is they now have only 4 outside backs in the squad... King, Tate, Gasnier and Cooper. If one of them goes down with an injury, just one, they'll be in big trouble. I understand the need for Hindmarsh to be there, but surely it should have been at the expense of Mason, Ryan or Waterhouse?

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
It was only a week ago Bennett told Hindy to piss off.

no that would be Hugh Hazzard.
Bennett is not a Dr and he didnt examine Hindmarsh.

Talk about a hatred against one man. People think that Bennett does it all. He coaches the team and has input on selections, but he isnt the bloody team physio too!

bartman

Immortal
skeepe said:
The disturbing thing for Australia is they now have only 4 outside backs in the squad... King, Tate, Gasnier and Cooper. If one of them goes down with an injury, just one, they'll be in big trouble. I understand the need for Hindmarsh to be there, but surely it should have been at the expense of Mason, Ryan or Waterhouse?
My thoughts exactly, but as was pointed out to me, Lockyer to fullback makes Minichiello an extra outside back. And there's always Jamie Lyon for the England leg of the series...

Godz Illa

Coach
I think it opens the door for Ben Creagh to make his Test debut. One of the apparent reasons he was selected in the squad was his versatility - in particular the ability to play in the backline. He is far more suitable for that role than Waterhouse, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him take that spot on the bench. Hindmarsh straight into the starting side, Cooper to wing.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
it was all a conspiracy to get ennis to the broncos :roll: . you're deluded drake. what made the dragons have to release ennis? they could have released any of their players, but i'm sure bennett knew they'd specifically release the player he wanted :roll: