What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh not considered for this weekend

half

Coach
we don't need hindmarsh to beat any other team. wagon and robinson played well against the sea eagles, i expect more of the same against the cowboys. we'll surely beat them quite comfortably, with or without hindy

Smartman

Juniors
half said:
we don't need hindmarsh to beat any other team. wagon and robinson played well against the sea eagles, i expect more of the same against the cowboys. we'll surely beat them quite comfortably, with or without hindy

Opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one...

Hurriflatch

Referee
They just said on 9 that while Brian doesn't expect Hindy to play he isn't ruling out any miracles to me it's really starting to sound like Hindy may just get up for the game.

jayman

Juniors
i agree that he will be named on the bench....

even if its for 20-30 mins...cant go into GF without some sort of finals game time...

marsh, widders, hindmarsh, vella.....thats one crazy bench

u can use hindmarsh when our defence is getting a bit scrapy..rotate with widders maybe....

i doubt he will be left out this week...

Kornstar

Coach
If he is anywhere near fit i think he will play, the club will want him to have atleast some game time going into the GF, Hindmarsh will want some game time before the GF too. I think he will come on after 20, then Smithy will address the situation not long after half time if we have the game under control and if we do Smithy will take him off the field and rest him, he will not take any risks if it is not needed, i think if we are winning comfortably we could see Timmy off with 15-20 minutes to go.

I am confident we can win this game, we need the same intensity as the Manly game to start off with, if we can come out like that i think the Cowboys will crack and we should have the game won by the 40 minute mark, i didn't see anything last night that makes me think that the Cowboys are going to offer anything big this week. Eels by 26

bartman

Immortal
I actually think this is a good idea, Hindy not being considered this week.

Imagine if we do beat the Cowboys, but Hindy's injury doesn't hold up to the pressures of that game? What a morale sapper for the team in our build-up to a grand final, to know Hindy would definitely be out of the big one..

I can see too why Brian Smith might hesitate to mess around with the structure of his bench. All year it's been a quick playmaker (PJ), two props (take your pick), and a skilled wider attacker (Widders). If Smith puts Hindy on the bench, he loses something from his "formula" that has given us the most feared bench in the league and been a vital ingredient in our success.

I think it would be a silly risk to play him this week if he's not up to being in the starting side, and his teammates will remain motivated for him if he is not there one more week. We don't need Hindy to beat the Cowboys (or any team), although a fit Hindy would certainly make it easier! But you would take that risk in the grand final for sure (remember Cronin playing blind in 1986 GF?), again for the team motivation factor even if the risk of re-injury is the same.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No no no...

You've got it wrong...

Smartman's nickname is meant to be read as, "That smarts, man."

You see, he was recently released from prison...

:lol:

Eelectrica

Referee
After seeing Hodges today, I'd leave Hindy out for this week. I'm sure we can get the job done with him then he's back for a do or die Grand Final.

Hurriflatch

Referee
While Hindy is one of the few players who could come into a grand final after 3 weeks out and still perform well

I'd prefer to see Hindmarsh out there even if it is only for 20-30 mins coming off the bench

Utey

Coach
Id prefer Hindy to stay out. WHy put a question mark over his fitness the whole week and keep the whole team in waiting.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
3 weeks out is nothing for Hindy... not so long ago he missed 2/3 of the season before coming back and killing it with a strong 80 min performance in his first game back.

Cowboys were actually in form when we smashed them with 4 rep players missing. I'm sure we can take them without Hindy. Tactically, it may be the only thing that can save the team as they may be too complacent with Hindy there... but without him, they should be able to take it seriously (enough).

If Hindy is fit enough to play he will play, Brian, will not and can not stop him from playing if Hindy feels comfortable to play. Just a question put forward to Brian and he is toying around. As said previously Hindy will be given every chance and Hindy will decide when he is ready.

thedux

Juniors
It's amazing how the tele can stretch out a whole story based-on one little quote. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even BS that they spoke to, maybe just some guy with blonde hair.......

The Colonel

Immortal
He missed a few weeks a couple of years ago if I remember rightly, 14 weeks or thereabouts and played the full eighty first game back and got the MOTM. Huindy will be given every opportunity to play this Sunday he just won't be named in the team...