What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh to lead PM's XIII against PNG

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.bigpondsport.com/hindmar...gainst-png/tabid/91/newsid/77237/default.aspx

Hindmarsh to lead PM's XIII against PNG
Brought to you by

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 10:08 AM
Source: BigPond Sport

Parramatta's Nathan Hindmarsh will lead a Prime Minister's XIII featuring Matt Bowen, Nathan Merritt and Ben Barba against Papua New Guinea on Sunday September 25.

The 18-man squad, featuring players not participating in teh NRL finals series, will be coached by Mal Meninga and participate in school clinics ahead of the match in Lae, Papua New Guinea.

"Rugby league is the national sport of PNG and our team will be up for a tough match," ARL chief Geoff Carr said.

"However the match is only secondary to our players using the trip to deliver messages like stopping violence against women, respect for match officials and healthy lifestyles.

"Mal Meninga is very passionate about Rugby League in PNG and I am sure all the selected players will share his passion once they experience the Papua New Guinean culture."

Prime Minister's XIII
1. Matthew Bowen (Cowboys)
2. Blake Ferguson (Raiders)
3. Michael Jennings (Panthers)
4. Josh Morris (Bulldogs)
5. Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs)
6. Greg Bird (Titans)
7. Mitchell Pearce (Roosters)
8. David Shillington (Raiders)
9. Jake Friend (Roosters)
10. Tim Mannah (Eels)
11. Michael Crocker (Rabbitohs)
12. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) (Eels)
13. Nate Myles (Roosters)
14. Chris McQueen (Rabbitohs)
15. Kade Snowden (Sharks)
16. Luke Douglas (Sharks)
17. Ben Barba (Bulldogs)
18. Preston Campbell (Titans)

Gronk

Staff member
I'm guessing that Timmy getting selected means that he's not in the top 4/5/6 props for the Tri-nations tour ?

SDM

First Grade
Lol. Burt must have been too small..........

cough*
Barba, Bowen, Campbell

Poor Burto

Ferguson gee he is overated that bloke, to be picked ahead of Burty is a disgrace.
Blake is not half the player Burty is.

SDM

First Grade
Damn, would have been good to see Burt on the wing, flying hig to defuse bombs, skittling Kumuls like ten pins charging the ball out of his own end on early tackles. a real shame.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Damn, would have been good to see Burt on the wing, flying hig to defuse bombs, skittling Kumuls like ten pins charging the ball out of his own end on early tackles. a real shame.

Stop bagging Burt. He was only selected in the first place to keep the other guys company at training because he's such a great guy.

The Kumuls would have murdered him physically.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Stop bagging Burt. He was only selected in the first place to keep the other guys company at training because he's such a great guy.

The Kumuls would have murdered him physically.

I see what you did there

reverse psychology

The Stig

Juniors
Hindmarsh can tackle but he is no leader. Having said that he was picked by someone who also is no leader...

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Congrats to Hindy..

I'm not an Eels fan,but i've always loved the way Hindy approached the game,& how brutally honest he was off-field..

He was poorly treated over the years by rep selectors IMO..

parra pete

Referee
They run the TVs on kerosene in PNG...like they do with fridges...(Or am I too far back in the past :lol:)

Last edited:

Latest posts