What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh to play 250th game on Monday

planeteels

Juniors
Gazza,

The Legends Team was the way the Leagues Club promoted the start of their official Recognition program for Club legends as part of the hall of fame concept.

Each year 1 player is inducted into that hall of fame, whereas the Legends Team were the initial group to be included.

and for those that have not headed over to the official site yet. The Banner up the top of the screen has changed to 4 photos of hindy instead of the normal one with Eric and Caylo and Feleti.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hindmarsh to play 250th game on Monday

NRL Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:31:00
Hindmarsh_N_9060701_E.jpg
Hindmarsh will be only the third Parramatta player to play 250 First Grade games for the club. Copyright: nrlphotos.com

Parramatta Second Rower, Nathan Hindmarsh, will become just the third Eel in history to notch up 250 First Grade matches when he runs out onto the field against the Storm this Monday night.

Hindmarsh, who made his first grade debut in 1998 against the Adelaide Rams at Pioneer Oval in Parkes, follows only Brett Kenny (264) and Ray Price (259) as the Eel’s most capped players.

With the Eels desperately needing to knock off the Storm to keep their finals hopes alive, the club is hoping for a strong vocal crowd at Parramatta Stadium to thank Nathan Hindmarsh for his years of services in the Blues and Gold, but to side to victory.

The game will also see the return of NSW star Jarryd Hayne to the Eels line-up, whilst the Storm will be bolstered by the return of QLD representatives Greg Inglis, Dallas Johnson and Cameron Smith

Tickets for the clash start at just $17 for Adults and $10 for concessions and are available from Ticketek.

Purchase your tickets today!
Click here to view the Eels team list
Click here to view the Storm team list

Nathan Hindmarsh Fact File:
Born:

7th September, 1979 (Bowral)

Eels Player Number:

Height:
188cm

Weight:
100kg

Position:
Second Row

Junior Clubs:
Robertson Spuddies; Moss Vale Dragons

First Grade Debut:
1998 – Vs Adelaide (Round 10) : Pioneer Oval Parkes

Representative Snapshot:
Australian Kangaroos:

Test Matches: 15 (2004 – 2007)
World Cups: 1 (2000)
Tri-Nations: 3 (2005 – 2007)

Prime Ministers XIII:
Caps: 2 (2005, 2008)

NSW Blues State of Origin Team:
Caps: 16 (2001 – 2002, 2004 – 2007)

NSW Country:
Caps: 1 (2008)

Purchase your tickets today!

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...rsh-to-play-250th-game-on-monday/default.aspx

Stagger eel

Staff member
I really hope we break 10K for this one, it's the least we can do for a bloke who's carried this club on his shoulders for a good part of a decade.

Nikki

Coach
I had no intention of going to this game, but after hearing about it on the footy show last night I will move heaven and earth to get there. I havent missed one of his milestone games yet (only his first. lol)

I had no intention of going to this game, but after hearing about it on the footy show last night I will move heaven and earth to get there. I havent missed one of his milestone games yet (only his first. lol)
i wasn't going to go either as i have to get up for work early but now i will try to make it hindy deserves a full house for this milestone he won't get it but every little bit helps i hope they get a crowd of 12000 or so if its only 8000 its a bloody shame

The Colonel

Immortal
Milestone for Parramatta's big motor

Brent Read | July 18, 2009

Article from: The Australian

HE has a reputation as one of the NRL's most laid-back personalities, but Nathan Hindmarsh is a worrier. After more than 10 years in first grade, he still gets nervous.
As coach Daniel Anderson explains, it's why Hindmarsh is the soul of Parramatta. It's why a bloke, once described by his former coach Brian Smith as having a "sway back, fat gut and funny bum", will make his 250th first-grade appearance on Monday night.
Because Hindmarsh still cares. He still frets. And he still worries about letting his teammates down.
"He still gets nervous about how he's contributing to the team," Anderson said.
"He's very honest in his self-assessment. He knows when he goes good and he knows when he has periods in the game when it doesn't go for him. He's given soul to Parramatta. He has been there a long time. He's a bit of glue to our team. He's been like that since he was 17."
Even longer in fact. Before he joined Parramatta, Hindmarsh would play under-16s for Moss Vale and then under-18s with his brother Ian for Robertson on the same weekend.
"Nathan would come into the under-18 team and be doing more work than everybody else on the field," Ian said. "He's always had that motor."
It was Anderson who brought him to Parramatta. He can still remember the first time he laid eyes on the backrower with the game's best motor.
Hindmarsh was playing under-16s for Moss Vale. Typically, he worked the house down.
"He was cut from the same cloth as he is now," Anderson said. "He worked hard for his teammates. In his first trial we almost had to hospitalise him because it was so hot and he got heat exhaustion. He's always been a first-class bloke."
His body shape has been the butt of jokes, although Ian points out his brother is arguably in the best condition of his career.
"The butt sticks out and the hips push forward," Ian said. "But he's never had any fat on him whatsoever. I wouldn't mind looking like that -- 95 per cent of the population wouldn't."
There was a time when Hindmarsh loved nothing more than to return to Robertson and anonymously head to the pub with his mates.
He still enjoys his privacy, only now he spends his time with his three sons -- Archie, Buster and Rowdy.
The three of them will be there on Monday night when their father joins elite company. So will Hindmarsh's mum, Fiona. Ian probably won't make the trip. He'll save the celebrations for when his brother cracks the 300-club.
By then, he will have gone past the only two Parramatta players to have appeared in more first-grade games for the club -- Ray Price and Brett Kenny.
"They're a part of Parramatta history," Hindmarsh said. "It's good to be involved with those type of players. They were players who brought us grand finals and the club to where it is now.
"I saw bits and pieces of both of them. They were great players."
They've also got something Hindmarsh desperately wants -- a grand final win. Hindmarsh went close in 2001 and the week leading into that game remains one of his fondest memories. There is unlikely to be a repeat this year but Hindmarsh has another three years remaining on his contract. Plenty of time to savour a victory lap in early October.
Given his form this season, which prompted calls for him to win a recall to State of Origin, Hindmarsh isn't about to slow down. Barring injuries, he will overtake Kenny and Price.
"What would probably seal the deal for him is a premiership ring," Anderson said. "He's definitely a legend of this club. Some of the players have had good periods and tough periods at the club and they never, ever shirk it.
"They are always the same type of player in whatever period. That's what Hindy has been. He's had some tough periods. This has been a tough season and he's been one of the standout players. "You can't do much more."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25797949-5012431,00.html

The Colonel

Immortal
Hindmarsh Talks 250 First Grade Games
Ross Smart
Pirtek Parramatta Eels Media

Friday, July 17, 2009
00003258-image.jpg

© Ross Smart, Pirtek Parramatta Eels Media
Nathan Hindmarsh interviewed at Parramatta Stadium

The NSW Central Western town of Parkes renowned for its role in beaming images of space travelling astronauts to the world – but on May 16 1998, it witnessed the birth of a star about to celebrate a significant achievement in his own right.
Round 10 of the inaugural National Rugby League season saw the Parramatta Eels head to Pioneer Oval to play the Adelaide Rams. The 7,514 fans in attendance that day not only saw the Eels triumph 18-2, they also witnessed the debut of Nathan Hindmarsh – who this Monday night will become just the third player to surpass 250 First Grade games for the Club.
Trailing only Brett Kenny (264 First Grade Games) and Ray Price (258), Hindmarsh typically played down his achievement when speaking to the media at Parramatta Stadium on Friday.
“The 250th, It’s something I really haven’t thought about,” Hindmarsh said, “maybe it’s something I'll look back on when I'm finished, but it’s just another game of footy, pretty much.”
The entire Nathan Hindmarsh press conference is online now for all Parramatta Fans to view.

http://newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=18434

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hindmarsh Talks 250 First Grade Games
Ross Smart
Pirtek Parramatta Eels Media

Friday, July 17, 2009
00003258-image.jpg

© Ross Smart, Pirtek Parramatta Eels Media
Nathan Hindmarsh interviewed at Parramatta Stadium

The NSW Central Western town of Parkes renowned for its role in beaming images of space travelling astronauts to the world – but on May 16 1998, it witnessed the birth of a star about to celebrate a significant achievement in his own right.
Round 10 of the inaugural National Rugby League season saw the Parramatta Eels head to Pioneer Oval to play the Adelaide Rams. The 7,514 fans in attendance that day not only saw the Eels triumph 18-2, they also witnessed the debut of Nathan Hindmarsh – who this Monday night will become just the third player to surpass 250 First Grade games for the Club.
Trailing only Brett Kenny (264 First Grade Games) and Ray Price (258), Hindmarsh typically played down his achievement when speaking to the media at Parramatta Stadium on Friday.
“The 250th, It’s something I really haven’t thought about,” Hindmarsh said, “maybe it’s something I'll look back on when I'm finished, but it’s just another game of footy, pretty much.”
The entire Nathan Hindmarsh press conference is online now for all Parramatta Fans to view.

http://newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=18434

why the hell is there a Newcastle Knights link to the story? :?

Avenger

Immortal
I feel so privileged to have seen this player in blue and gold. Words cannot describe the admiration that I have for him.

Legend!!:clap:

I still love the fact that for some unknown reason at the last moment I decided to go to Pioneer Oval in Parkes, on a Cold night, where my little car almost got bogged in the Padock next to the oval, to see the game that turn out to be his first.