What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy almost certainly unavailable for Round 1

Morenito

Juniors
Hindmarsh has arthritis in feet
By Dean Ritchie
March 12, 2007 12:00

HE may only be 27 years old but Parramatta second-rower Nathan Hindmarsh has been cut down by arthritis in his feet.
Hindmarsh has only just resumed running, his off-season training consisting mainly of swimming. He has yet to sidestep at training.
The condition will almost certainly prevent Hindmarsh from playing in Saturday's match against New Zealand at Mount Smart Stadium.
Hindmarsh has not played a trial – his last match being Australia's golden-point win over New Zealand in November's Tri-Nations final.
He had surgery straight after the Tri-Nations and continues to recover.
Hindmarsh's recovery is on schedule but – given his lack of pre-season training – club officials will be reluctant to risk him against the Warriors, given the gruelling length of an NRL season.
"He will almost certainly be unavailable this weekend," confirmed Parramatta coach Michael Hagan.
"We have to be careful with Nathan's rehab. He has only been running four weeks but hasn't caught a football yet or stepped off his feet yet."
Asked about players so young having arthritis, Hagan said: "It is wear and tear on the joints. Danny Buderus had something similar."
Hindmarsh's injury will not be long term. He could be back in round two, if not, certainly round three.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21362718-5001023,00.html

yy_cheng

Coach
LOL, I don't want him to step. Run straight Hindy.

But on a serious note, I reckon he should take the time off and get everything right before coming back.

It allows the other forwards to take more responsibility.

BD5733

Juniors
Hindy may not be ready for round 1 but I certainly am.

I've been taking my Parra jersey all around Asia and Europe since the start of December. I have photos of it while kissing the Blarney Stone to standing atop the Swiss alps.

Now that the season is approaching, I have found a local net cafe in Nth West London where I can stream 2GB and listen to the footy every Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait till 6:30am next Saturday morning my time cos I'll be right here watching the live updates of the Eels hopefully getting on top of the Warriors.

BTW, thanks to all for the constant updates of all the trials and footy news. Following it from this side of the globe requires more reading than when I was at uni.

Go Eels in '07!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
BD5733 said:

I've been taking my Parra jersey all around Asia and Europe since the start of December. I have photos of it while kissing the Blarney Stone to standing atop the Swiss alps.

Now that the season is approaching, I have found a local net cafe in Nth West London where I can stream 2GB and listen to the footy every Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait till 6:30am next Saturday morning my time cos I'll be right here watching the live updates of the Eels hopefully getting on top of the Warriors.

BTW, thanks to all for the constant updates of all the trials and footy news. Following it from this side of the globe requires more reading than when I was at uni.

Go Eels in '07!!!

well done mate...;-)

BD5733 said:

Go Eels in '07!!!
Don't worry Ben we'll keep you up to date, don't trust those 2GB people to give you the full (correct) story.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, he needs to get it right before he starts playing

its only the first game

cardinal

Juniors
It could be a good thing Hindy will be 100% when he comes back and it will mean all the backrowers will be in a shootout for a spot when he is back, rather than someone going back to prems. I hope Richie gets a go now.

Mr_E

Juniors
Because it's the Warriors, I'd have something like this with neither of the Hindys in:
11 - Wags
12 - Robbo
13 - Mateo

14 - PJ
15 - Fa'oso
16 - Cordoba
17 - Cannings

See who to drop for the following week when Nathan comes back (hopefully).

Kornstar

Coach
It just got harder, Weller or Zeb should be bought in, especially with the 2 Hindy's not there. It would be a very boring backrow if it is

11. Wagon
12. Robinson
13. Lowrie

and if it is that backrow, we will need Cayless, Moimoi and Cannings to tear them apart because our backrow won't do much.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Hopefully the rest of the team won't have to rely on him by the time he gets back. Does anyone know if his brother is a certainty to play after round two?

cardinal

Juniors
no.2_lukeburt said:
drop Wags.

Wags is a certainty, a lot more so than luke burt. Actually burty at fullback might be scary if one of their big forwards break the line he may say what Peter Jackson did when Meninga ran over the top of him " but coach I yelled touch and he did'nt stop".

Freak2

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Only round one...... plenty more to go. Mind you I reckon he might just play...... ;-)

I don't think so, and more than likely R3 against Tigers than Souths will be his first game!

Looking forward to boys ripping in and competing for the other 2 back row positions whilst Hindy is away!